What are the Colts doing?

Their bread and butter is a pretty good AND young oline. From what I see, they have to sign these guys soon. To me, that's where the smart money should go and draft the skill players.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/roster/_/name/ind/sort/position/dir/asc/indianapolis-colts

C Ryan Kelly 4 yrs exp.

G Mark Glowinski  5 yrs exp.

G Quenton Nelson 2 yrs exp.

G Braden Smith 2 yrs exp.

OT Anthony Castonzo 9 yrs exp.

OT La'Raven Clark 4 yrs exp.

OT Joe Haeg 4 yrs exp

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Their bread and butter is a pretty good AND young oline. From what I see, they have to sign these guys soon. To me, that's where the smart money should go and draft the skill players.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/roster/_/name/ind/sort/position/dir/asc/indianapolis-colts

C Ryan Kelly 4 yrs exp.

G Mark Glowinski  5 yrs exp.

G Quenton Nelson 2 yrs exp.

G Braden Smith 2 yrs exp.

OT Anthony Castonzo 9 yrs exp.

OT La'Raven Clark 4 yrs exp.

OT Joe Haeg 4 yrs exp

ya know, I really hate it when some sites do this. Nelson and Smith do NOT have 2 years of experience. They haven't even been on the team for 1 full calendar year.  They were drafted less than a year ago. So how the hell can they have 2 years of experience??  end rant.

I know its off topic, but its irritating, and it can throw people off.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, costrovs said:

ya know, I really hate it when some sites do this. Nelson and Smith do NOT have 2 years of experience. They haven't even been on the team for 1 full calendar year.  They were drafted less than a year ago. So how the hell can they have 2 years of experience??  end rant.

I know its off topic, but its irritating, and it can throw people off.

I wondered, but the internet don't lie.  :lol:

If the rest is correct they still have 4 guys on the line to sign pretty soon

Edited by Dopey

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

There aren't a lot of stars in free agency that have good character that fit the Reich mold.

Frankly I thought Beasley and Landon Collins were the top two Kyle Williams type guys in this free agency that Indy should have acquired.

Funchess for $11M is laughable.   Their fans have to be groaning.  

Frankly speaking.... as in frankly Reich?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

The team has a plethora of draft picks and a solid roster. If they get Bell I still think they are favorites to make the playoffs next season and do some damage. That being said. If the Bills were in that exact position I would be PISSED as a fan. 

The Colts won a playoff game last year and have an established franchise QB. It’s been almost 25 years since we had that feeling. Free Agency wasn’t even a thing. 

Does anyone know how much they are able to roll over? They had the rookie of the year on offense & defense, those guys will get paid eventually. 

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Krafty clearly knows how to operate on a budget. Curiously, but clearly. 

A wise man I worked with often said “a stiff ***** has no conscience”.  Do we award Kraft points for fiscal acumen?  Or even more notably, do we elect him to public office?  ‘Bob Kraft for Massachusetts comptroller...making the hard choices!’

• Haha (+1) 1

FWIW 

Mike Wells ESPN Staff Writer 

A one-year, prove-it deal with receiver Devin Funchess should take some pressure off T.Y. Hilton and Eric Ebron and help Andrew Luck in the red zone.

---

The Colts have tendered restricted free agents offensive lineman Evan Boehm, safety Matthias Farley and receiver Chester Rogers, the team announced. The team also tendered exclusive rights free agents receiver Marcus Johnson and long snapper Luke Rhodes.

---

The Colts have started working to address their need to find a No. 2 receiver to go with T.Y. Hilton. They have agreed to a one-year deal worth a maximum of $13 million with receiver Devin Funchess, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Funchess, a second-round pick by Carolina in 2015, only missed three games during his four seasons with the Panthers. His best season was in 2017 when he had 63 receptions for 840 yards and eight touchdowns. Funchess' size - 6-foot-4 - will be a welcoming addition for the Colts because tight end Eric Ebron was Andrew Luck's big target in the red zone. Contracts can't be signed until the NFL new year starts at 4 p.m. eastern on Wednesday

---

Defensive tackle Margus Hunt and the Colts have agreed to a multiyear contract extension.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It's a bit premature for the Andrew Luck excuse thread 2019.

nahhhh    Never too early 

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They were a playoff team last year and I believe also kne of the youngest teams? They are resigning their own and were looking to upgrade at #2 WR. Theres no need to go crazy in FA this year just because they have the money.

True  BUT there is a league rule that a team has to spend   $$$ 

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

True  BUT there is a league rule that a team has to spend   $$$ 

Is that true? I think it is true in the NHL, but I don't think the NFL has a rule that you have to spend a certain amount. I think I just read that the other day.

7 minutes ago, BadtasteinQBs said:

Is that true? I think it is true in the NHL, but I don't think the NFL has a rule that you have to spend a certain amount. I think I just read that the other day.

It is true  

All 32 teams are required to spend at least 89 percent of their caps

The CBA requires each team to spend 89 percent of the salary cap in cash over the four year periods of 2013 through 2016 and 2017 through 2020. The league wide spending must be 95 percent of the salary cap in cash during these same periods.

These spending minimums were met during the first four year period. Four teams, the Bills, Colts, Cowboys and Texans, reportedly are under the 89 percent threshold at the halfway mark of the second four-year period.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-five-suggested-changes-to-the-next-nfl-collective-bargaining-agreement/

thats what I found in a quick search