QB Jake Dolegala - Central Connecticut State - to meet with Bills and throw at UB pro day

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Has a player ever been cut and immediately become a coach? Honest question.  And would they get their player salary or a coaching one?

His salary is significantly more than he would be paid as a coach and would have gone through preseason, entire training camp and preseason games essentially for free so I cannot see him switching to coaching that way.

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Barkley's the GOAT of QB backups.. 

relative to Peterman that is.

We had a kicker who was the GOAT of QB backups relative to P5t5rman.

Oh and search for P5t5rman - you will see that it is used enough to get hits.

8 hours ago, TigerJ said:

As far as Buffalo is concerned, the team is set at QB.  That said, they may want a 4th QB arm at training camp.  It's conceivable they might try to stash a guy away on the PS  (or IR) for the time when Derek Anderson retires.  A tall big armed QB might not be the worst choice when your starter is Josh Allen.

100% agree

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They should take a look at Gus Ragland from Miami OH. He was impressive, great arm with accuracy plus mobile.

not afraid to sling it for certain. I see what you see from this clip.

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Has a player ever been cut and immediately become a coach? Honest question.  And would they get their player salary or a coaching one?

Bill Russell in the 70s NBA haha. He underacheived: only won 2 championships with 5 HOFers

23 hours ago, TigerJ said:

As far as Buffalo is concerned, the team is set at QB.  That said, they may want a 4th QB arm at training camp.  It's conceivable they might try to stash a guy away on the PS  (or IR) for the time when Derek Anderson retires.  A tall big armed QB might not be the worst choice when your starter is Josh Allen.

Not to mention now that they have hired a really good QB coach i can't see why they would need Anderson on the side lines because Dorsey has as much or more experience as Anderson . 

Also given the amount of time it took for him to recover last year from that hit that looked like nothing IMHO i would rather have the roster spot taken up by a guy that could learn & possibly be used as trade bait later on than a guy that is basically collecting a pay check for holding a clip board .

Plus he's a home town guy & the Bills have passed on enough good ho,e town talent in the recent past to know that some of these guys can develop into really good players given the chance ! 

UB Pro Day today.  Sal Capaccio will be covering it.  I have always wanted to know more about what happened there than what was ever reported.  Some possible story lines:

Tyree Jackson worked with Jordan Palmer in January, at least, while Josh Allen was there too.  Does Palmer show up to run Tyree's throwing session and he run it?  I think he did that for JA last year.  Is Josh there too?  Any other current Bills players?

Who does Tyree throw to?  AJ would make sense but who else?  The UB guys were working at STASportsPerformance as was Naaman Roosevelt.  I saw a nice group picture of them taken there all giving the "Horns Up!" hand gesture.  Might Naaman might run some routes for Tyree?  If not, who else runs them aside from AJ?

Hodge, O'Hagan, Harris, Lewis were other NFL worthy UB players that were not combine invitees.   This is big for them as well as AJ who did not run the 40 at the combine due to an ankle issue.  The test numbers for these guys are huge and I want to know their test results.  Numbers, I want numbers.  Not just for these guys but anyone else that tests.  I think other players can be tested who are not draft eligible this year but on whom scouts might want to do some preliminary work.  Also, players for other regional schools or from WNY will be there, like Dolegala.  I'd like to know who they are and how they test.  

How many teams are represented there and who is sent?   Which Bills FO, scouts or coaches are present?  Also, who seems most in charge of the event, Bills/NFL people or UB people?   I think Sal has a chance to do a better job today than what we usually get from other sources.

Sal is doing a great job.  He had almost 30 minutes of live coverage of Tyree's throwing session.  I think Palmer was running it but maybe it was UB's QB coach but Palmer is there as Sal got some comments from him.  Palmer will get the reputation for putting extra money in draft QB's accounts.  Tyree looked good.