QB Jake Dolegala - Central Connecticut State - to meet with Bills and throw at UB pro day

As far as Buffalo is concerned, the team is set at QB.  That said, they may want a 4th QB arm at training camp.  It's conceivable they might try to stash a guy away on the PS  (or IR) for the time when Derek Anderson retires.  A tall big armed QB might not be the worst choice when your starter is Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 7

UB Pro Day should be more interesting this year.  Tyree throws to his guys, Anthony Johnson's 40, Hodge w/o the combine invite and something to prove and c James O'Hagen looks to be in line for an NFL shot.  Probably some others I did  not mention.  I wonder if it will be at Ad Pro per usual or if it will be in the new fieldhouse on campus.  I would think the latter could accommodate it but their may still be advantages to One Bills Drive hosting.  It's a week away on 3/13 and I hope we get some better coverage of it than we usually see.  

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

As far as Buffalo is concerned, the team is set at QB.  That said, they may want a 4th QB arm at training camp.  It's conceivable they might try to stash a guy away on the PS  (or IR) for the time when Derek Anderson retires.  A tall big armed QB might not be the worst choice when your starter is Josh Allen.

I could see them cutting Anderson in the final cuts and making him a coach. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I really hate this thought process.  We literally saw the best game of Barkley’s career.  Both him and Anderson have career qb ratings worse than EJ Manuel.  And Allen still has a long way to go.  It’s would be so stupid (and Bills like) to just say we’re set at QBs.   Now obviously, you’re not spending a high pick on a guy but this team should never stop searching.  It’s only like the most important position in sports.  But hey, we got Matt Barkley and Derek Anderson. Can’t improve on that!

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

I could see them cutting Anderson in the final cuts and making him a coach. 

Has a player ever been cut and immediately become a coach? Honest question.  And would they get their player salary or a coaching one?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think this is DA's last year, so having a QB for the  PS is a good idea

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

UB Pro Day should be more interesting this year.  Tyree throws to his guys, Anthony Johnson's 40, Hodge w/o the combine invite and something to prove and c James O'Hagen looks to be in line for an NFL shot.  Probably some others I did  not mention.  I wonder if it will be at Ad Pro per usual or if it will be in the new fieldhouse on campus.  I would think the latter could accommodate it but their may still be advantages to One Bills Drive hosting.  It's a week away on 3/13 and I hope we get some better coverage of it than we usually see.  

Is the new field house done? It’s been about a month since I last saw it and it didn’t look close to being done.

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Has a player ever been cut and immediately become a coach? Honest question.  And would they get their player salary or a coaching one?

I don’t know if it’s happened before but he’d be paid as a coach. 

18 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Is the new field house done? It’s been about a month since I last saw it and it didn’t look close to being done.

I think you are right.  The video I saw showed the team walking into a fieldhouse for their first practice and I thought it was their new one as they looked to be checking it out for the first time.  Their first practice was at AdPro though.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

Just remember this will be a UB Pro Day not an audition for the Bills practice squad.  Typically I think the UB Pro day attracts anywhere from 7-10 NFL scouts.  I would hope this year most of the NFL teams will be represented since we have some sure fire Bulls draft picks this April.

Just now, zow2 said:

Just remember this will be a UB Pro Day not an audition for the Bills practice squad.  Typically I think the UB Pro day attracts anywhere from 7-10 NFL scouts.  I would hope this year most of the NFL teams will be represented since we have some sure fire Bulls draft picks this April.

I’m aware, just thought it was interesting that he is going to meet with Bills

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Yup, this is maybe the deepest nfl player pool in UB history.  Jackson alone will bring more nfl teams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

With the 2  or 3 guys on the board that want Buf. to take a QB hopefully this meeting will send a message to them that this is the probable road to a QB.  6 or 7th round or UDFA.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I really hate this thought process.  We literally saw the best game of Barkley’s career.  Both him and Anderson have career qb ratings worse than EJ Manuel.  And Allen still has a long way to go.  It’s would be so stupid (and Bills like) to just say we’re set at QBs.   Now obviously, you’re not spending a high pick on a guy but this team should never stop searching.  It’s only like the most important position in sports.  But hey, we got Matt Barkley and Derek Anderson. Can’t improve on that!

Barkley's the GOAT of QB backups.. 

relative to Peterman that is.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, if Dolegala came in and set the team on fire, that could change Buffalo's thinking, but Buffalo has plenty of holes to draw the focus of their attention.  I'm sure the personnel department continuously does research on all positions, but the more obvious needs are going to draw the bulk of their attention.

Edited by TigerJ