India v. Pakistan

Paulus

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

***** MV.  Up on a ridge in Laguna Niguel with all the rich people.  I clean their toilets. 

You clean the stuff I drink out of, awesome!

Whats worse than cleaning toilets in Corona?

Living there. And, this is factually correct.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Counterpoint: Hal Turner is a mentally deficient little dipshit.

While I would normally agree, sometimes even a blind squirrel can find a nut.

Original tweet was deleted, so no longer appears above:

*fog of war*

Edited by Hedge

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So...things are getting back to normal...

They certainly are, because in the midst of the biggest military escalation in decades between two mortal enemies with nukes, the top 3 trending global topics on Twitter circus are Kardashian related. 

6 minutes ago, GG said:

They certainly are, because in the midst of the biggest military escalation in decades between two mortal enemies with nukes, the top 3 trending global topics on Twitter circus are Kardashian related. 

Have you seen her new hair color yet?

58 minutes ago, GG said:

It'll start trending when one of the Big Seven (WaPo, NYT, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC) reports it's Trump's fault.  

I traveled to India a few dozen times on business between 2006 and 2016. Early on, I befriended an area commander for the Indian Home Guard. He was surprisingly candid about some of the things he discovered as a commander in the Indian military.

At lunch one day, he brought up Pakistan, asking, "Do you know our first move if Pakistan attacks us?" He then put his arms up in surrender. He proceeded to tell me just how bad the corruption was in his country, and the story both fascinated and horrified me at the same time. I always knew that corruption existed there, but I never imagined it could be so widespread and public! Many politicians don't even try to hide it until they're indicted. Even then, if they skimmed enough through the years to bribe the courts, they're never tried.

Giving one of the most egregious examples, he said that years earlier, the Indian military ordered 100 fighter jets from overseas. By the time the money for it passed through the hands of all the politicians, India received TWO planes. I asked him why nobody went public with it, and he said, "Who do you think stole the money? All the people who could have gone public with it. Everyone here is corrupt at some level. Everyone. We have nothing to fight Pakistan with, and that will only become obvious once they destroy us in a very short war."

Of course, that's just one man's story, and who knows his motivation for sharing it. But if even 1/4 of what he told me is true, I fear for India.

Edited by Golden Goat

He’s assuming that Pakistan isn’t equally corrupt. :)  

Civil and political corruption does not equate to military might and capability. In all those, India surpasses Pakistan.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, GG said:

He’s assuming that Pakistan isn’t equally corrupt. :)  

Civil and political corruption does not equate to military might and capability. In all those, India surpasses Pakistan.

No question Pakistan is corrupt, especially way up top. Given how strict they are; however, I'd be surprised if it were as open and widespread as India.

I hope I never find out the answer to the military question in my lifetime.