Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

34 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The President is THE ultimate classifying and adjudicating authority, by law.  And the House exercises no authority over it.

And before you start with your whataboutism bull####...yes, I noted Hillary was a classifying authority, and the classified info on her server was a minor issue because of it.  But how do you think Chelsea got her clearance?

DC Tom...my father, now retired, had CIA and Pentagon clearance. He regularly tells me that if he had done what Mrs Clinton did, he would have been spending retirement in federal prison.  He couldn't leave Classified material on his desk when he went to the bathroom!

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

DC Tom...my father, now retired, had CIA and Pentagon clearance. He regularly tells me that if he had done what Mrs Clinton did, he would have been spending retirement in federal prison.  He couldn't leave Classified material on his desk when he went to the bathroom!

Did your father have the autonomous declassifying authority of an acting Secretary of State, or was he a rank and file guy?

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yeah, and I've not only had clearances, but used to work on the clearance system.  And that's why a lot of federal workers were pissed at Hillary: because we all knew we'd be looking at a criminal conviction (e.g. Petraeus, Sandy Berger) if we mishandled classified info as such, or even used personal email for government business.

But as TYTT said: when you're Secretary of State, you're a penultimate classifying authority.  You get to make the rules.  

Now...sharing that info with the Clinton Foundation (which evidence is published in the State Department online reading room), that's a big no-no.  Same sort of big no-no that people accuse Trump of - using classified info to further his private interests (the difference being there's actual direct public evidence of Clinton doing it - State published the emails that contain the classified info that were sent to the CF.)

And hiding records from Congressional oversight - that's a huge no-no.  We get trained on that twice a year: government communication takes place on government equipment, because they're government records subject to Congressional oversight.  And we better hope they're in order if we get subpoeaned or hauled in front of a Congressional committee  (which has happened to at least two people I've worked with.)  And she absolutely was hiding government records from oversight - commingling her government communications with CF records and personal emails, blurring the lines between "official" and "personal," is basically the same tactic Saddam Hussein used to hide his WMD program from inspectors (commingling CW munitions with conventional munitions, then denying everything and letting inspectors sort it out.)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

The President is THE ultimate classifying and adjudicating authority, by law.  And the House exercises no authority over it.

And before you start with your whataboutism bull####...yes, I noted Hillary was a classifying authority, and the classified info on her server was a minor issue because of it.  But how do you think Chelsea got her clearance?

The House has authority to investigate. Too bad for you. If this was done in a corrupt way (big surprise) the American people should know about it. 

Your whining that the president has the authority to do this or that is just so much spitting into the wind. The president can do lots of things, but not for corrupt purposes. Just let the American people see, that's all. 

Chelsea? Oh brother! You complain about whataboutism and then do it in the next sentence! LOL!!! Did the chief of staff write a memorial protesting that decision? 

DC Tom, I know you know that protecting classified information is much more serious than simply storing it somewhere that an overseeing congress CAN look at it. It’s more about storing it whether other people and countries CAN’T look at it. Even the Secretary of State can’t set up her own I.T. Department! And for the life of me I can’t figure out how people who were emailing her didn’t ask “why does your email address look different from everyone else?”  Or, did she monkey with that too?

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

DC Tom, I know you know that protecting classified information is much more serious than simply storing it somewhere that an overseeing congress CAN look at it. It’s more about storing it whether other people and countries CAN’T look at it. Even the Secretary of State can’t set up her own I.T. Department! And for the life of me I can’t figure out how people who were emailing her didn’t ask “why does your email address look different from everyone else?”  Or, did she monkey with that too?

Yes, actually, she can set up her own IT department.  And declassify *****, so that "protecting classified information" becomes a moot point.  

And protecting our constitutional form of government, which requires checks and balances that require the availability of information, is more important than keeping secrets.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not implying that this type of thing is not normal, or even considered not generally accepted ways of doing business, but how convoluted a statement is that and we are supposed to simply believe it's true????

"...That’s according to a person familiar with the matter who isn’t authorized to publicly discuss Cohen’s closed-door appearance before the committee and is speaking on condition of anonymity....

https://apnews.com/326bf84186f74322bff4f16553f37d00

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I disagree.  I bet Obama would be cool to hang out with.  His pompousness likely only comes out in crowds.  And by crowds I mean 3 or more people including himself.  

Ugh..don't want to be in the same area code with a Marxist clown and the race-baiting manly "wife". 

Marlena, the Donald and his awesome 757 for the weekend sound so much more inspiring compared to endless droning on about inequality and fantasized police wrongdoings blah, blah blah.

Edited by Dante

2 hours ago, Dante said:

Ugh..don't want to be in the same area code with a Marxist clown and the race-baiting manly "wife". 

Marlena, the Donald and his awesome 757 for the weekend sound so much more inspiring compared to endless droning on about inequality and fantasized police wrongdoings blah, blah blah.

Maybe but if that's the case I would love LOVE LOVE to tell Obama to STFU!!!!

Jerry Nadler’s Son Works For Firm Suing Trump, Which Presents Conflict of Interest

</snip>

"His son (Michael Nadler) got a job with Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP in 2018.  That’s convenient because Jerry Nadler and the Democrats just won control of the House in 2018.  Gibson Dunn & Crutcher hire Jerry’s son and Gibson Dunn & Crutcher are the main Nemesis against Trump and the Trump Administration on numerous lawsuits.  Now the Nadler family will gain access to thousands of Trump documents via Jerry’s subpoenas!,” our insider stated.

</snip>

(the son's work bio + more)

</snip>

Such an arrangement — Jerry Nadler investigating Trump with his son’s firm trying to get access to documents in other cases — violates ethics rules for federal investigators.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Jerry Nadler’s Son Works For Firm Suing Trump, Which Presents Conflict of Interest

</snip>

"His son (Michael Nadler) got a job with Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP in 2018.  That’s convenient because Jerry Nadler and the Democrats just won control of the House in 2018.  Gibson Dunn & Crutcher hire Jerry’s son and Gibson Dunn & Crutcher are the main Nemesis against Trump and the Trump Administration on numerous lawsuits.  Now the Nadler family will gain access to thousands of Trump documents via Jerry’s subpoenas!,” our insider stated.

</snip>

</snip>

Such an arrangement — Jerry Nadler investigating Trump with his son’s firm trying to get access to documents in other cases — violates ethics rules for federal investigators.

</snip>

Conflict of interest anyone?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Conflict of interest anyone?

Absolutely! Likewise Most people would be down right shocked to learn just how much the ‘mainstream’ media is intertwined with the Democratic Party, through marriage, family, etc.  What a swamp!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

</snip>

</snip>

</snip>

</snip>

This garbage websites you guys post from...