Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

7 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

Do the folks in the hustings really want the members of the majority party in Congress to spend all their time doing f&%#-all investigations?  Why not set up an investigations panel if they must, but let the majority of the time in session concentrate on, Oh I don't know, maybe the work of the people who elected them?

Time one party and/or the other pulled up their big boy pants and went to work.

That's the role of the House Oversight Committee.  Both parties have abused it over the years ad nauseam to score political points.  

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's the role of the House Oversight Committee.  Both parties have abused it over the years ad nauseam to score political points.  

Yet it has worked to the detriment of each party on multiple occasions. I think most voters are sick of "gotcha politics." Politicians on both sides seemingly haven't figured this out yet.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Yet it has worked to the detriment of each party on multiple occasions. I think most voters are sick of "gotcha politics." Politicians on both sides seemingly haven't figured this out yet.

I don't think so. Transparency is something overdo with this administration and Democrats are going to provide it. You just think people are tired of it because they are not doing pointless investigations of Hillary now. That's all. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I don't think so. Transparency is something overdo with this administration and Democrats are going to provide it. You just think people are tired of it because they are not doing pointless investigations of Hillary now. That's all. 

What? What transparency are you looking for? The Trump Administration has turned over more documents to investigators than any previous administration. What exactly would like to see? And why? 

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What? What transparency are you looking for? The Trump Administration has turned over more documents to investigators than any previous administration. What exactly would like to see? And why? 

Hey! That's funny! 

Tax returns to determine if there has been money laundering, tax fraud, insurance fraud, banking fraud. Whitewater, look out! 

The story behind Jared Kushner's security clearance 

Trump's charity foundation (now defunct) and where the money went 

Trump's super expensive inaugural and where the money came from and went 

Why? Corruption and to nail his azz to the wall of course. He might go to jail! 

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think you’re new here but let me give you some advice. Asking Tibs reasonable questions is a sure fire way to have an adult call you poopy pants. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's not wrong (because that is all it is), but I don't think saying it out loud (and twitter is his shoutbox) is a good look. On the other hand, he's got pretty good instincts, so I could be wrong:

lol, boo hoo 

47 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's not wrong (because that is all it is), but I don't think saying it out loud (and twitter is his shoutbox) is a good look. On the other hand, he's got pretty good instincts, so I could be wrong:

He cares to speak to his entrenched base, not the rest of the country. 

That is truly a shame because he has done a lot of good things. And I appreciate them. 

But I still loathe his “leadership.” 

The presidential wah-mbulance is a weak and lame look. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

:lol: Yeah, I kind-of forgot that he was done in 2009, not 2007.

You gave me 12 years. Phew. 

I almost said Obama by the words he used. He made sweeping speeches. But they were always through gritted teeth and his actions and other words undercut him. Trump doesn’t even try. 

Obama would be a pompous ass to hang out with. Trump would be a narcissistic prick. Bush and Bill Clinton would be fun. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You could have stopped after your first three words. That is your MO around here, especially when you're frustrated and triggered. <3

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

You could have stopped after your first three words. That is your MO around here, especially when you're frustrated and triggered. ❤️

Frustrated? I'm loving this! Your MO is typical ignorance spreading. 

18 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

You gave me 12 years. Phew. 

I almost said Obama by the words he used. He made sweeping speeches. But they were always through gritted teeth and his actions and other words undercut him. Trump doesn’t even try. 

Obama would be a pompous ass to hang out with. Trump would be a narcissistic prick. Bush and Bill Clinton would be fun. 

I think Trump might be okay to hang out with; I suspect he's less annoying in private than his public persona.  I'd still rather juggle live honey badgers.

Obama's just the sort of smug that would annoy the hell out of me.  But I bet Bill would be a hell of a wingman.