Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He has. Cummings hasn't hung around this long by being incompetent. He's always been real sharp.

(Which is why I get more frustrated when he plays partisan politics than the others because he knows better than most.)

Wow. You have a very different opinion of him than I do. 

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. But she came off competent and concise. 

As @Buffalo_Gal pointed out, she was chosen to run because she knows how to deliver a line. 

Everyone can look coherent when they read. Obama got elected twice for that talent.

When she started asking those real estate value questions, I kept hoping someone would interrupt and say "Could you please explain to everyone what you just read?"

Incidentally, @GG is right. This is ultimately about his taxes.

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wow. You have a very different opinion of him than I do. 

I think he's dirty, don't get me wrong, but he's more than just an empty suit. He knows procedure in and out. Compare him to DWS as an example. She's a thug who got to office through her connection to the Clinton machine. She has no legislative talent, or presence. Cummings has both. 

But he's known for two years this was a coup (as far as I know he was not involved/unaware while it was in motion). And he's chosen partisanship over patriotism in his defense of it so I'm not a fan.

Whew, finished just in time for the star witness to go to jail for perjury, aka lying to Congress.  How much credibility can a committee have when they hang on every word spoken by a person whom their fellow Congress members are sending off to jail for perjury.  

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't call him a racist, I noted that the thing he had done was racist.  Thank you for that clarification.  [Please understand that the previous two sentences are merely, in the words of Col.Sherman T. Potter,  "horse hockey."]

• Like (+1) 2