Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i might argue that it is ultimately about laying the cornerstone for impeachment.

There was really nothing there to tie a crime while in office. 

To me, the leak of the financial statement supporting the Bills bid was much bigger, because it starts to implicate Trump Org, loan agreements, etc. 

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes, we would know if it happened. That doesn’t mean Stone didn’t claim it happened. Note, Stone’s tweet denial was simply “cohen’s statement is not true.”

The issue, as you rightly suggested, is some of the media are jumping on it to support the Russia narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That original, dated, WikiLeaks Tweet was making the rounds again today. But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good narrative!

And for some reason, I couldn't delete that first tweet to put the focus on the second tweet that I was commenting on. Did you use some kind of gorilla glue on it, @Deranged Rhino ?  :huh:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

That original, dated, WikiLeaks Tweet was making the rounds again today. But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good narrative!

And for some reason, I couldn't delete that first tweet to put the focus on the second tweet that I was commenting on. Did you use some kind of gorilla glue on it, @Deranged Rhino ?  :huh:

Weird. It does that for me sometimes too - thought it was my phone screwing it up.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, we would know if it happened. That doesn’t mean Stone didn’t claim it happened. Note, Stone’s tweet denial was simply “cohen’s statement is not true.”

The issue, as you rightly suggested, is some of the media are jumping on it to support the Russia narrative. 

Didn't Cohen testify that he was in the room when Stone called with the Wiki news?

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

Well, this ought to keep cnn busy for a good 4 months.

And the authorities, too! 

Bank fraud, tax fraud, insurance fraud were all mentioned. Funny, on Fox News they are not saying anything at all about those allegations. 

And how can anyone forget this: 

“Did the president ever provide inflated assets to a bank in order to obtain a loan?” Clay then asked Cohen.

He did.

“These documents and others were provided to Deutsche Bank on one occasion where I was with them,” Cohen said, “in our attempt to obtain money so that we can put a bid on the Buffalo Bills.”

23 minutes ago, GG said:

There was really nothing there to tie a crime while in office. 

To me, the leak of the financial statement supporting the Bills bid was much bigger, because it starts to implicate Trump Org, loan agreements, etc. 

There ya go sport! 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

grandstanding? no way!

Certainly no grandstanding occurs in the 'Theater' Committee!

40 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Tlaib takes the stupid stick from AOC.

I'm not calling Representative Tlaib an anti-Semitic jihadi terrorist, but that's just how I feel as a person of 1/1024th technicolor. I certainly did not mean to imply that Jihad Jane was a terrorist when I called her an anti-Semitic jihadi terrorist.

• Like (+1) 2

Cohen also showed how Trump illegally used his charitable organization as a cash slush fund. He used a pretty embarrassing example, too. The clown buying a painting of himself at inflated value through a straw man buyer. Sheees 

Republicans and Fox News, along with their online bots, are in overdrive to muddy the waters, but Cohen shed more light on this corrupt president 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My gwad, the responses to that thread. TDS really is a disease. 

"But what is someone CLONED his phone, and then Ivanka took the phone to Prague and turned it on, to discredit Cohen when he was asked if he went to Prague?

Or what if he dropped it in Buenos Arias...and it was picked up...by a dog...that rode a dolphin to Prague????"

That twitter thread is in dire need of a "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!" response.

• Haha (+1) 1

I love the predictable spin of "Sure Cohen is a convicted liar and shouldn't be trusted when he says something that isn't negative towards Trump, but we should completely believe him when he says something negative about Trump. Would he lie?"

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I love the predictable spin of "Sure Cohen is a convicted liar and shouldn't be trusted when he says something that isn't negative towards Trump, but we should completely believe him when he says something negative about Trump. Would he lie?"

He brought document to back up what he said. Remember, he lied to protect Trump. That's why he lied to congress 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

He brought document to back up what he said. Remember, he lied to protect Trump. That's why he lied to congress 

Oh, like that damning check written in 2017 that shows that Trump actually paid his attorney?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Tlaib takes the stupid stick from AOC.

She refers to herself twice as a person of color.  Does she know that her employer recognizes middle eastern descent persons as white for the purpose of census data? 

Edited by keepthefaith

30 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Ya gotta give credit to the Donner Party for the way they respond to everything.

"It's not that we think Cohen is reliable. But it sheds a light on the possibility of it being possible, and if it IS possible and he WAS reliable, then there's no telling how inappropriately the president behaved!" 

• Haha (+1) 1