Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You would think.  But he (and others) smell blood in the water and don't want to admit guilt (or that "they would have been found guilty in court") yet...

Also, many defense lawyers quoted in the press as far back as a week after the bust were commenting that the video could be challenged.  It's not just "billionaire's lawyers".  It's a lot of legal commenters saying the same thing since this story broke.

This case is going to become a bigger legal entanglement for the government than it is for those who were targeted. The human trafficking justification for the warrant was a pretext to pursue a case against these sex massage establishments. Even if one gives the police the benefit of the doubt it's apparent that it was quickly determined that there was no evidence of sex trafficking. This was an over-reach and abuse of authority. 

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2019/04/22/customers-videotaped-at-spa-in-robert-kraft-case-sue-authorities

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

LTS

Lingering Thread Syndrome

Related image

It always amused me why someone would complain about a thread that they have little interest in and then post in the thread. There is a simple solution: Find another thread that interests you. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Half the country looked the other way at the height of me too stuff for Trump. 

We are not supposed to discuss political issues on this forum-that means no discussion of President Trump or the crimes of Hillary and Bill Clinton. Period.

10 minutes ago, Toesy said:

We are not supposed to discuss political issues on this forum-that means no discussion of President Trump or the crimes of Hillary and Bill Clinton. Period.

You see what you just did, there, right?  Yeah ... so does everyone else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Toesy said:

The President just grabbed you by the kitty...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/8/2019 at 9:06 PM, #34fan said:

Isn't it?

-Up until 2012 it was a Misdemeanor in New York!   In states like Massachussets, Idaho, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin, it was a felony up until very recently...

Of course that's some ridiculous legislation, but my point is that morality can be a touchy sort of grey-area... The law is typically not.... -Especially when it comes to things like soliciting prostitution...  Get caught doing it, and you're boned regardless of what you're standing in the community is.... We're all subject to the law, and we're all Human Beings... I hate to admit it, but It could have just as easily been you on tape in that massage parlor. 

Bull snot. I had zero legal recourse (in oklahoma) when my wife stepped out in 2005. How do you define "until recently". 

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The President just grabbed you by the kitty... 

You should head over to CNN-Anderson Cooper is hosting a 3 hour special on the Hidden Sex Tapes of Robert Kraft-get your buddies together and make it a party.

3 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Bull snot. I had zero legal recourse (in oklahoma) when my wife stepped out in 2005. How do you define "until recently". 

Maybe she got off somehow... :oops: -Sorry, poor choice of words..  

Here it s directly from the Oklahoma Statutes, Article 21, page 246... (As reported in 2015)

§21-871.  Adultery defined - Who may institute prosecution.

Adultery is the unlawful voluntary sexual intercourse of a married person with one of the opposite sex; and when the crime is between persons, only one of whom is married, both are guilty of adultery. Prosecution for adultery can be commenced and carried on against either of the parties to the crime only by his or her own husband or wife as the case may be, or by the husband or wife of the other party to the crime: Provided, that any person may make complaint when persons are living together in open and notorious adultery.

R.L.1910, § 2431.

§21-872.  Punishment for adultery.

Any person guilty of the crime of adultery shall be guilty of a felony and punished by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary not exceeding five (5) years or by a fine not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

R.L. 1910, § 2432.  Amended by Laws 1997, c. 133, § 259, eff. July 1, 1999; Laws 1999, 1st Ex.Sess., c. 5, § 163, eff. July 1, 1999.

NOTE:  Laws 1998, 1st Ex.Sess., c. 2, § 23 amended the effective date of Laws 1997, c. 133, § 259 from July 1, 1998, to July 1, 1999.

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just "sizing up" Bob's predicament....hardly "rising to the level" of prosecution IMO..........

image.png.60bb811d550190b283d9e0b924edfcb5.png

So...you've seen the video then?

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why is thread been at the top for weeks? No, I'm not going to read it all to find out.

It's entertainment!

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why is thread been at the top for weeks? No, I'm not going to read it all to find out.

I can't speak for others but I stop by from time to time.

I admit I slow down to look at the wreck on the Interstate too.

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what if the Asian skank files suit for "breach of fulfillment"?......

I have a buddy who gets a LOT of massages. He just moved to an area with a large Asian population, and almost all the massage places are Asian. Multiple times he’s had to decline the happy ending (or so he tells me). The last time the girl said as he left “next time, for $60 more, YOU rub ME!” (Funnier if you read that with the accent.) 

He hasn’t been back there. (As far as he’s told me, but his wife has been in another state for several months, so....) 

5 hours ago, Toesy said:

You should head over to CNN-Anderson Cooper is hosting a 3 hour special on the Hidden Sex Tapes of Robert Kraft-get your buddies together and make it a party.

‘Toesy, Party of one, your dumpster is ready’

and with this, this now ridiculous thread dies a quiet death. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3