The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Not a historical fact, or not a problem?  

Because it seems to be a problem for some people.  And I know it's a historical fact.

It absolutely is a fact, and not a problem/the inciting issue.  

The problem is AOC's comparison to Nazi Germany's ideology to the overflow at the border. The slide to discussing the differences between exterminations camps and concentration camps is AOC and the NPC attempt to run from her initial problematic statement. 

56 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I thought Trump solved this problem with the tariff thing? So that didn't work? 

I see no need for this clown to cry about the wall if he got Mexico to fix the problem 

That just slowed the Central Americans. The wall will show everyone else.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

One of the blogs I was reading the other day said this is a small town, small police force, and they are simply overwhelmed with illegal entry and crime.  And our do-nothing Congress does nothing - except talks about voting for more money to make the illegal detention centers more comfortable. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The level of discourse by the national Left continues to fall..................almost as low as PPP lefties now.....?

Blue-checked political analyst says if you don’t believe ‘Trump is murdering immigrant children,’ you should ‘go f*ck yourself’

that's an honest statement from the dark side

My apologies if this is discussed in another thread, but apparently Wayfair employees who makes beds that are used at the border are going to walk out on strike tomorrow because they want immigrant children to  sleep on the dirt. And of course the face of the Dems is right with them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

My apologies if this is discussed in another thread, but apparently Wayfair employees who makes beds that are used at the border are going to walk out on strike tomorrow because they want immigrant children to  sleep on the dirt. And of course the face of the Dems is right with them.

Because they don't care about the kids.  They care about outrage-driven votes.

• Like (+1) 1

Are the Wayfair people going to be upset if the CEO agrees with them, conceding that they will no longer manufacture beds for the federal government, and then immediately fires a percentage of the workers, since they are no longer needed to fulfill the cancelled contract?

Bank of America Gets Woke, Nonsensically Injects Itself Into Border Debate

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/06/27/bank-america-gets-woke-nonsensically-injects-border-debate/

Bank of America has decided that the best way to help minors who are detained at the border is to…not lend to facilities that need the money to improve conditions where those children are housed? Makes sense.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Bank of America Gets Woke, Nonsensically Injects Itself Into Border Debate

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/06/27/bank-america-gets-woke-nonsensically-injects-border-debate/

Bank of America has decided that the best way to help minors who are detained at the border is to…not lend to facilities that need the money to improve conditions where those children are housed? Makes sense.

What's next, will bed manufacturers refuse to sell to the concentration camps?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ah, so this is where you all were posting Nancy's caving (she had to, she now owned it).  

She put herself in that God awful corner. The optics of the House going on break while the children at the "concentration camps" (their description) continued to be housed in such conditions would be just awful.