The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

SMH.  You trumpsters have really fallen down a deep dark hole.  

The Government wants to claim (steal) land and that's a good thing?  

Meh.  The government has taken lots of land through eminent domain by both Democratic and Republican controlled state and federal administrations.  Just about all the land affected is of minimal value on an economic level.  That aside we should be doing maneuvers on this land by the military which would discourage tunneling.  Any other government on the planet would at least openly consider it if not doing it and nobody would say a peep about it.  Guys like you would say that it was that nation's right as long as it was not the US.

Edited by RochesterRob

If only the democrats in Congress would recognize that their New Voters Initiative aka Open Borders Push is the antithesis of a free and orderly society. The wall wouldn't be as critical if Congress would act to pass the legislation that would discourage illegal entry and occupation of our country. Those on the left who are virtually exclusively democrat are placing party over country by refusing to act.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:02 AM, 3rdnlng said:

If only the democrats in Congress would recognize that their New Voters Initiative aka Open Borders Push is the antithesis of a free and orderly society. The wall wouldn't be as critical if Congress would act to pass the legislation that would discourage illegal entry and occupation of our country. Those on the left who are virtually exclusively democrat are placing party over country by refusing to act.

Gee, That Sounds Familiar    

Maybe someone from the left can explain this sudden change of heart ?

Defense Secretary Mark Esper has signed off on spending $3.6 billion in Defense Department construction funds for 175 miles of wall on the southern border with Mexico, Pentagon officials told Fox News on Tuesday.

Esper has been briefing congressional leaders on the plans, including what military construction projects would be affected both in the U.S. and overseas.

“Earlier today Defense Secretary Mark Esper notified me that the Department of Defense will reprogram $3.6 billion in funds appropriated for military construction and maintenance, including the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, in order to build the president’s misguided border wall,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said in a statement.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

victory girls blog dot com

time for bed b man.

Sorry Gary.

That weak azz argument doesn't fly with me.

The article, details given and references count. 

Just because it's a site that you don't know, doesn't mean sh*t'

In fact that is the reason that I pick sites from ALL OVER the net, because it's so unlikely that lefties have any exposure to conservative thoughts.

#JOURNALISM: 

“Wait, what?!? The flailing @nytimes tells us that Trump’s asylum policies aren’t that different from what’s done in Europe and Australia.

They also – gasp – build fences!

But a key difference – his rhetoric is harsher.

Well, there you go then.”

• Like (+1) 2

Oh Darn. Can't they just send Mexico the bill? 

The Defense Department is no longer moving forward with three border barrier projects in California and Arizona, according to a court filing Monday.

The move is a reversal of an earlier Pentagon authorization for about 20 miles of fencing, lighting and other border infrastructure that would have used $2.5 billion in funds redirected from a counter-drug fund. That authorization, announced Aug. 27, was based on what was then determined to be "lower-than-expected contract costs." But the Defense Department revealed in the Monday filing that the department would not be able to cover the costs of the project.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

It should be the point.  Why is the President prohibited from rescinding the previous DHS Secretary's memo.  DACA shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

Either way the ruling is made, Trump temporarily gains but the country could lose. DACA has to be struck down and legislation needs to happen. The *****in dems had agreed to a deal and then backed off when a judge refused to let DACA be disbanded.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

It should be the point.  Why is the President prohibited from rescinding the previous DHS Secretary's memo.  DACA shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

OK...now I get it, but you should know by now that the US government is no longer working for the good of its citizens. I’m curious as to whether historians have ever seen this before. 

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Either way the ruling is made, Trump temporarily gains but the country could lose. DACA has to be struck down and legislation needs to happen. The *****in dems had agreed to a deal and then backed off when a judge refused to let DACA be disbanded.

The truly frightening part is that if DACA is upheld, it means that presidents can permanently bind future administrations - even with dubious legality/constitutionality of the executive order/memo/policy/whatever.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The truly frightening part is that if DACA is upheld, it means that presidents can permanently bind future administrations - even with dubious legality/constitutionality of the executive order/memo/policy/whatever.

That's what I meant by the country losing. We need the court to strike down DACA and then we'll be back where we were 2 years ago, with leverage to negotiate fair immigration reform.

Mexican National Guard Stopped, Turned Back Migrant Caravan Headed For US

by Jason Hopkins

Original Article

Mexican authorities stopped a caravan of about 2,000 migrants heading north for the United States, the latest action by their government to crack down on illegal immigration.In the southern Mexican city of Tapachula, a caravan of Central American, Caribbean, and African migrants embarked on foot for the U.S. on Saturday morning. After traveling for about 20 miles, however, they were greeted by hundreds of National Guardsmen and federal police blocking both sides of the highway, according to The Associated Press. 

24 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

And now in Oregon the euphemism is "resettlement". Would Fauxahontas approve of this term?

Gov. Brown answers Trump: Oregon will accept refugees
The Democratic governor said resettlement is a lifeline that America provides to the world’s most vulnerable refugees.

If I was shown a picture of that woman only I would guess know that she was a liberal 11 out of 10 times. Before becoming governor I'd guess that she was either a school teacher or social worker.

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If I was shown a picture of that woman only I would guess know that she was a liberal 11 out of 10 times. Before becoming governor I'd guess that she was either a school teacher or social worker.

Well she is a switch hitter so I would guess know that should prequalify her as a liberal.

Also a career politician since 1991.