Sign in to follow this  
RPbillsfan

Is Dion Dawkins better at LT or LG

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea to me Williams is pretty similar to Dion. A bit more polished coming out, more consistent on film but with some similar strengths and weaknesses and in the same "great guard prospect with tackle flex" category for me.

Between the two of them we might just have something on the left side if they were paired together.......allowing us to move Teller to RG.\

I just dont want to take someone at LG at the 9th pick

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Between the two of them we might just have something on the left side if they were paired together.......allowing us to move Teller to RG.\

I just dont want to take someone at LG at the 9th pick

And on all of that we agree totally. I've said before - and I repeat - I wouldn't hate Jonah at #9 (I think he will be a good pro) but it certainly isn't the direction I would go in or prefer the Bills to go in.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And on all of that we agree totally. I've said before - and I repeat - I wouldn't hate Jonah at #9 (I think he will be a good pro) but it certainly isn't the direction I would go in or prefer the Bills to go in.

Yeah I am still in the trade down camp.....I still feel that would be the smartest thing for us.

Edited by John from Riverside

On 2/10/2019 at 12:28 PM, Bangarang said:

No idea. Haven’t seen him play LG. I’ve seen people say he projected better at LG though. He has been a decent LT for us so unless we have a plan to replace him I would keep him where he is.

Exactly.. If he ever plays some guard then maybe this might be validated for discussion, but he hasn't, at least professionally.

However my son's friend's friend said he make a fine TE...jeez...

6 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Exactly.. If he ever plays some guard then maybe this might be validated for discussion, but he hasn't, at least professionally.

However my son's friend's friend said he make a fine TE...jeez...

He did play a bit of relief guard for us in games Cordy was up his rookie year. There was a game Richie came out hobbled for a series and Dawkins went in and helped spring two huge runs. Small sample size I grant you, but that coupled with what a lot of us projected coming out makes it at least an intriguing possibility.