Everybody in WNY stay safe

Buffalo716

23 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Check this out....

Thruway Cam

I live about a half mile from the 52A exit. The north towns got hit overnight. then it shifted south.  It was sunny in the afternoon in NF and at the north GI bridges. Been snowing all day. City and county offices all closed today and tomorrow.  Snow is supposed to hit southern Erie County overnight and move back into the city tomorrow.  Airport got 17 inches by 6 PM and they expect about 8-9 more inches by Friday. Temp is about 0 with the wind chill about -20 with maybe -30 to-25 overnight. Supposed to be in the 40s to near 50 Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 

My brother is a county plow driver and is racking up the OT this week.

It's really bad in Lancaster...the lake band that was supposed to drift south around 3 or 4pm today is still over us and actually has drifted northward again slightly putting the heavy snow directly over us again...gotta have 2 feet already. Have a better than 50/50 shot fro breaking the all-time January snowfall record set in the Blizzard of '77 year as well...within 6 inches or so of it.

Now they are saying the band is supposed to pretty much stay in place overnight slightly south of Buffalo and Batavia, which likely puts it directly over us...

This is turning a little crazy even for Buffalo

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s union and Cleveland inside that little plaza suck it

and deniros was 100% open , so was wallys I know the owner

I owned a duplex on Bert Rd. No need to explain where Gandy's is...you go to Johnny when your on the hill.

Wally...I'll test it out soon for take out.

It better be good and it better not be the place with the Flintstones on the side of the building!

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I know they say that about NYC pizza too (the real NYC, not where the Jets and Giants play!). It may not be quite the same, but I know some places do pretty darn good. Casa di Pizza in the Sarasota, FL area has very good pizza and wings. There were some others, but they were the best, IMO. 

Taco Mac is a pretty big franchise out of Atlanta which sells more wings than tacos (long story) and we have a Duffs not too far away. The Buffalo pizza joints I’ve found here try....but are certainly disappointing. 

Mmmmm, and tonight......BRRRR! 

my mom's cousin started and owned Wings and Things in Florida. Never met him but he offered me a job managing one many years ago. I declined and stayed out west. No idea if they made good pizza.

23 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I owned a duplex on Bert Rd. No need to explain where Gandy's is...you go to Johnny when your on the hill.

Wally...I'll test it out soon for take out.

It better be good and it better not be the place with the Flintstones on the side of the building!

I really do prefer gandys pizza over Johnny’s wbu?

what street are you thinking wallys is on?

We don't have much snow at all maybe 5 inches on the ground but across Lake Michigan they get demolished with snow. Traverse City Michigan could get 120-140 inches for the season. I think they've gotten 200 or more. Green Bays all time record is like 90 inches. I don't even think GB has 30 inches for the season this year, average I think is 53 inches for the season.

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Check out the train track catching fire in Chicago.  Must be electric?

According to a story I saw on the Today show, those fires were deliberately started in order to thaw the tracks and keep the trains running.

(Of course, the Today show could be full of sh*t, especially if those tracks are for the ‘EL’ and have a 3rd rail - then I’d say definitely electrical.  I was under the impression the tracks were for AMTRAK or commuter trains.)

Back here in Buffalo, it’s 4 AM and the wind is still howling, but the snow seems to have tapered off.

Edited by The Senator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Senator said:

According to a story I saw on the Today show, those fires were deliberately started in order to thaw the tracks and keep the trains running.

(Of course, the Today show could be full of sh*t, especially if those tracks are for the ‘EL’ and have a 3rd rail - then I’d say definitely electrical.  I was under the impression the tracks were for AMTRAK or commuter trains.)

Back here in Buffalo, it’s 4 AM and the wind is still howling, but the snow seems to have tapered off.

I was wondering how they caught on fire!  I thought something was short-circuiting...

Yeah... I didn't look close enough, it was fast video, to see if there was a third rail.  I wonder how that works with snow and ice... If it arcs or flashes, debris catches fire?

Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I was wondering how they caught on fire!  I thought something was short-circuiting...

Yeah... I didn't look close enough, it was fast video, to see if there was a third rail.  I wonder how that works with snow and ice... If it arcs or flashes, debris catches fire?

Thanks!!!

It is rope soaked in kerosene, lit on fire to keep the tracks from contracting too much; which can pull out spikes or break the rails.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I will give anybody 100 dollars if they go outside and lick a lamppost 

video evidence ?

Im not falling for that one again. The tip of my tongue was on my neighbors porch light for years. First time it didnt stick. Second time it did and the school bus pulled up. Nothing like a mouth full of blood on your way to school ?

Driving last night was interesting. If you could see more than 5 feet out the windshield, that was pretty good visibility.  

Had to park at wegmans because a spectrum van decided that the end of my driveway is a good parking space. Going on 12 hours waiting on him, police, or tow truck to move it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I really do prefer gandys pizza over Johnny’s wbu?

what street are you thinking wallys is on?

Broadway..near the Harlem overpass. Do.they have the Flintstones painted on the side of the building?.I don't get up that way.much,but I will try them soon.

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Had to park at wegmans because a spectrum van decided that the end of my driveway is a good parking space. Going on 12 hours waiting on him, police, or tow truck to move it. 

Break in, steal a bunch of tools and equipment, then report it to the police. It'll get moved. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Broadway..near the Harlem overpass. Do.they have the Flintstones painted on the side of the building?.I don't get up that way.much,but I will try them soon.

It is broadway and Atlantic, right near the over pass

Do you mean the flintstones tv characters? No I believe they do not

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It is broadway and Atlantic, right near the over pass

Do you mean the flintstones tv characters? No I believe they do not

Yes..characters.Anyway..my bad,my bride told me I'm thinking of the R bar.That place is a dump and served some very below average food when we went there.