Everybody in WNY stay safe

Buffalo716

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Blizzard warnings all over. The wind is gusting and visibility is down to nothing.

0 degrees in Buffalo right now with 30 mph winds. Feels like -25 with lake effect coming down

stay warm and safe

My "weather station" shows wind gusts up to 30 MPH.  Too far east to be expecting very much snow.  Looks like Buffalo down into Dunkirk could receive quite a bit of snow.  Gonna get the Sloppy Joe's going here in a half hour.  I also was thinking about when I took meteorology at Cornell for an elective.  I took that so I could avoid university physics.  Anyhow, we did weather observations on the top of Bradfield.  Good thing that the worst that ever happened was a rapidly developing T-Storm in April.  I would hate to be up there today but they probably don't go outside anymore versus the good old days.

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Probably. 

Seriously though, stay safe! 

I will try! I just ordered a pizza! They are delivering ? I fear for the delivery driver

God bless Cheektowaga pizzerias 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Right now temp is minus 3 at the airport, with gusts up to 43 mph, higher in some places.  

Wind chill is about 30 below.

Only one flight arrived in Buffalo today, and only one departure wasn’t cancelled - to Atlanta.  Even Gov. Cuomo’s plane couldn’t land here - it was diverted to Niagara Falls.

Blizzard warning til 1 am, driving bans all over. Erie County and City of Buffalo have both declared State of Emergency.

I don’t know why anyone lives here - when my dad passes, I’m moving to Maui.

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

Right now temp is minus 3 at the airport, with gusts up to 43 mph, higher in some places.  

Wind chill is about 30 below.

Only one flight arrived in Buffalo today, and only one departure wasn’t cancelled - to Atlanta.  Even Gov. Cuomo’s plane couldn’t land here - it was diverted to Niagara Falls.

Blizzard warning til 1 am, driving bans all over. Erie County and City of Buffalo have both declared State of Emergency.

I don’t know why anyone lives here - when my dad passes, I’m moving to Maui.

Because the pizza and wings are too good to leave

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because the pizza and wings are too good to leave

The rest of the country is littered with people who left WNY to go make pizza and wings for all the other poor souls who need quality food! Almost anywhere you go your can find a “Buffalo pizza and wing joint”. It’s not a loss, it’s an opportunity!  ? 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

The rest of the country is littered with people who left WNY to go make pizza and wings for all the other poor souls who need quality food! Almost anywhere you go your can find a “Buffalo pizza and wing joint”. It’s not a loss, it’s an opportunity!  ? 

They aren’t the same... the dough is what makes our pie special... and the dough is special because our water

My best friend sold his pizzeria up here and tried opening one in Florida... same recipe and everything... the dough just doesn’t rise the same

he thought about getting water shipped to him from Buffalo but it wasn’t feasible 

wings are doable

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They aren’t the same... the dough is what makes our pie special... and the dough is special because our water

My best friend sold his pizzeria up here and tried opening one in Florida... same recipe and everything... the dough just doesn’t rise the same

he thought about getting water shipped to him from Buffalo but it wasn’t feasible 

wings are doable

Joe Jacobi opened two Casa di Pizza joints in Florida - one in Sarasota and one in Braedenton.  Never been to them, so can’t comment on how the pizza compares to Jeff and Lori Jacobi’s Casa di Pizza In Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

wings are doable

I know they say that about NYC pizza too (the real NYC, not where the Jets and Giants play!). It may not be quite the same, but I know some places do pretty darn good. Casa di Pizza in the Sarasota, FL area has very good pizza and wings. There were some others, but they were the best, IMO. 

Taco Mac is a pretty big franchise out of Atlanta which sells more wings than tacos (long story) and we have a Duffs not too far away. The Buffalo pizza joints I’ve found here try....but are certainly disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Mmmmm panos! Yes elmwood

Mmmmm, and tonight......BRRRR! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I know they say that about NYC pizza too (the real NYC, not where the Jets and Giants play!). It may not be quite the same, but I know some places do pretty darn good. Casa di Pizza in the Sarasota, FL area has very good pizza and wings. There were some others, but they were the best, IMO. 

Taco Mac is a pretty big franchise out of Atlanta which sells more wings than tacos (long story) and we have a Duffs not too far away. The Buffalo pizza joints I’ve found here try....but are certainly disappointing. 

I will make note of the casa di pizza suggestion if I’m ever down there ?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I will make note of the casa di pizza suggestion if I’m ever down there ?

Never heard of them when I lived in WNY, but they have photos of the original location up there. Full of Bills and Sabres stuff. They seem to have a nice following and many seem to be ex-WNYers. 

I’m strangely captivated by the Panos webcam. I love warm weather, but I really miss a dose of that from time to time.