Bils fans the Dee Ford appreciation thread

2 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Not just Ford but the entire defense.  They just allowed NE auto run right down the field. KC deserves to lose.  Fair and square 

It started in the 1st quarter, when KC demonstrated that they couldn't stop the run.  NE saw that and really didn't deviate from this.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

It started in the 1st quarter, when KC demonstrated that they couldn't stop the run.  NE saw that and really didn't deviate from this.

They don't have the personnel to stop the run without selling out to do so. They sold out to do so in the 2nd half which meant manning up on Edelman and Gronk when the ball game was on the line. Afraid to say that was never going to work. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They don't have the personnel to stop the run without selling out to do so. They sold out to do so in the 2nd half which meant manning up on Edelman and Gronk when the ball game was on the line. Afraid to say that was never going to work. 

Which means KC will have to invest in defense this off season, especially the secondary.  They built the offense first, which is fine if that is the way they want to do it; but in the end, they never were going to win this game since they are not a balanced team at this point (weak defense).

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Which means KC will have to invest in defense this off season, especially the secondary.  They built the offense first, which is fine if that is the way they want to do it; but in the end, they never were going to win this game since they are not a balanced team at this point (weak defense).

They haven't replaced Donatri Poe or Derrick Johnson that needs to be a priority for them. Sure a better secondary would help but their weakness is right up the middle.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The worst miss was the OPI in the final Chiefs TD drive on the pick play. 

I actually thought the Chiefs got the breaks from the officials in so much as there were any today and yet NE still found a way. 

I don't blame the officiating at all for the outcome but I think you are wrong about that being such a bad call.

Pick plays get missed all the time.........they happen constantly.

The roughing the passer call was the worst call of that game.........as Steratore said.......you gotta' see it to call it..........no reason to throw that flag in a game where they were letting them hit.

Overall I agree that the Chiefs definitely got the better part of the calls though..........if it were the regular season they would have been hit with a TON of helmet to helmet and defenseless receiver hits.   I mean the Pats ran like 90 plays and there were probably 15 or more of them that could have been flagged dirty by that day-late, dollar-short sh*t show of a defense the Chiefs put out on the field.:lol:

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

That game could've gone either way.

Their defense is shot, but when you have a QB and offense like the Chiefs have you are never out of a game. Despite the ***** show defense.

Agree the game could have gone either way; the Chiefs could have won.

Mahomes and the Chiefs have the potential to put up a ton of points as we've seen during the season.  But this fails when the other team can play defense; NE is not known for having a smothering D, but somehow they are good enough when it counts and this is important.  Defense (and coaching) does matter as last night demonstrated.  I don't think relying on winning a shoot out all the time is a viable strategy to building a winning team.  You need to be balanced in all three phases, and KC is not since their D is a glaring weakness.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I don't either, but they were one 3rd down stop away and a couple of non bone head plays from winning the game.

Yeah, the neutral zone infraction, for one, on Dee Ford was a killer.  Without that, we could be seeing a KC vs Rams SB.  Have to hope the Rams will be good enough, and smart enough to take care of business.

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Agree the game could have gone either way; the Chiefs could have won.

Mahomes and the Chiefs have the potential to put up a ton of points as we've seen during the season.  But this fails when the other team can play defense; NE is not known for having a smothering D, but somehow they are good enough when it counts and this is important.  Defense (and coaching) does matter as last night demonstrated.  I don't think relying on winning a shoot out all the time is a viable strategy to building a winning team.  You need to be balanced in all three phases, and KC is not since their D is a glaring weakness.

Belichick is a defensive genius, pure and simple.  

And he has a very simple formula:  Take away the opponent's single biggest threat and then teach your players the opponent's tendencies when the biggest threat is neutralized.   He does it all the time.   Yesterday he took #10 out of the game with double teams and got burned only once.   Then they put pressure on Mahomes and forced him to make decisions, and Mahomes couldn't find the Pats' weaknesses often enough.  Not really a knock on Mahomes; he just doesn't have the experience yet to have attacked the Pats effectively.   Fact is, veteran QBs, like Brees, also have trouble with the Pats that way. 

The other thing that Belichick is a master at is raising the level of play of his team as the stakes get higher.   The Pats played GREAT football yesterday.   It was a clinic.  The team with the lesser physical talent won because they played extraordinarily sound fundamental football.  

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't blame the officiating at all for the outcome but I think you are wrong about that being such a bad call.

Pick plays get missed all the time.........they happen constantly.

The roughing the passer call was the worst call of that game.........as Steratore said.......you gotta' see it to call it..........no reason to throw that flag in a game where they were letting them hit.

Overall I agree that the Chiefs definitely got the better part of the calls though..........if it were the regular season they would have been hit with a TON of helmet to helmet and defenseless receiver hits.   I mean the Pats ran like 90 plays and there were probably 15 or more of them that could have been flagged dirty by that day-late, dollar-short sh*t show of a defense the Chiefs put out on the field.:lol:

I confess I don't actually remember the RTP call..... It was the very early hours of the morning here Badol.... I may have been nodding off or away making coffee to prevent said nodding off.

I know pick plays are missed often.... but rarely as egregious ones as that!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

And he has a very simple formula:  Take away the opponent's single biggest threat and then teach your players the opponent's tendencies when the biggest threat is neutralized.   He does it all the time.   Yesterday he took #10 out of the game with double teams and got burned only once.   Then they put pressure on Mahomes and forced him to make decisions, and Mahomes couldn't find the Pats' weaknesses often enough.  Not really a knock on Mahomes; he just doesn't have the experience yet to have attacked the Pats effectively.   Fact is, veteran QBs, like Brees, also have trouble with the Pats that way. 

The other thing that Belichick is a master at is raising the level of play of his team as the stakes get higher.   The Pats played GREAT football yesterday.   It was a clinic.  The team with the lesser physical talent won because they played extraordinarily sound fundamental football.  

Agree.  Plus, he understands the offensive side.  He might be the only coach in the NFL who is adept at both of those phases and he is a great strategist.  It is on the other team to become aware of, and counteract his strategy.  Too many cannot do this, including Andy Reid, who didn't really adjust until the second half but didn't have the personnel to cover Edelman and Gronk.

The rest of your post was well said.

Honestly KC running a pick play on NE was funny and even funnier when Billy boy was crying to the refs about it. 

NE has been using them for years, so having one run on them was nice to see. 

Officiating in the NE @ KC game had nothing to do with the outcome. NE just beat KC. Every time KC brought in big guys to stop the run NE ran the same passing play for a big gain, and when KC took the big guys off the field NE ran the ball down. 

KC didn't have an answer at all and everyone just saw exactly how to stop KC. They took Hill out of the game and held Kelce to 3 catches.

Mahomes just didn't get the job done, he was 16/31 for 295, 50% just isn't gonna cut it. KC needed to get the ball to their play makers and they just didn't do that:

Watkins 4 for 114 (8 Targets)

Williams 5 for 66 (2 TD)(8 Targets)

Hill 1 for 42 (3 Targets)

Robinson 1 for 27 (1 Target)

Kelce 3 for 23 (1 TD)(5 Targets)

Ware 1 for 21 (1 Target)

Harris 1 for 2 (1 Target)

Conley 0 for 0 (1 Target)

KC should have been attacking the outside. I know the myth is NE has good corners but the reality is they aren't all that good and KC's WRs are that much better. 

25 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Agree with the masterful defensive gameplan, but KC and Mahomes had it figured out by the 4th quarter. Ultimately too little too late, but I believe if they win the toss in OT, it's a different story.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Agree with the masterful defensive gameplan, but KC and Mahomes had it figured out by the 4th quarter. Ultimately too little too late, but I believe if they win the toss in OT, it's a different story.

I agree, although Belichick always has one more trick up his sleeve.  

Kc has better talent, and Reid's a good coach.  Given time, the talent would have prevailed.   The Chiefs wasted the first half trying to figure it out.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

come on, man. Really?

It was close,  but far from the incontrovertible video evidence standard which IS the rule.  Think the Bills would EVER get that call in 100 years?

I hate the Pats as much as anyone else, but if the ball had touched him, he would have reacted by going after it.  His initial reaction was to back away like it never hit him, and he never flinched... that with the video failing to show that it touched him was enough for me.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

How'd you like to play chess against Belichick?  Not sure I would.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  That was bs.  The Chiefs got their fair share of favorable calls too, but that was a gift to the Pats even though Brady through a pick on the next play.  It seems the "clear video evidence" to overturn the ruling on the field call matters to everyone but the Patriots.  See Benjamin's TD last year.

It could've grazed his glove for all we know.  There's no way they were absolutely positive it didn't touch him.

exactly.  There is no way you can definitively say, at least from the copious angles that we saw on the CBS broadcast, that the ball did not touch either thumb.  The call on the field was muffed punt, hence the call should have been upheld.

Now, it ended up not really mattering thanks to the Brady INT a couple plays later, but still...

I hate the Patriots as certainly most of us on here (doh!), but the review was clear to me. Edelman didn't touch the ball. Yes in one angle it seems to graze his thumb but in another one you can see it clearly does not. By combining the two angles it was clear evidence.