Could a DeSean and LeSean reunion be in the works?

dezertbill

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Lofton was 33 when he joined the Bills.

I think there are better options out there for the Bills, but I wouldn't be against adding DeSean Jackson. A veteran player who can still stretch the field would seem to fit the offense.

I agree. Having Djax and Foster to stretch the field could really open up the run game and things underneath. Throw in JA's scrambling ability and I could see some serious match up night mares for DC's. Fwiw, I saw TB's first 2games this year and Djax looked like he still had plenty left. I could see McBeene making this move but only on a team friendly contract

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

yuuup

Not sure Jackson is the right fit for our WR needs, but if the new guy from Canda is the real deal, the Jackson and he could really spice up the WR core. As there does not seem to be any real game changers in the draft or free agency, I think I'd like it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

Does hit fit the culture.  I remember when the Bills brought James Lofton in from the Raiders.  Not sure os his age when they did that.

Lofton had a bit of an off-field history at that time whcih people seem to have mostly forgotten...pre-internet...and people wondered the same thing. It worked out altight.

• Like (+1) 1

Drafted WR’s usually take 2-3 years to develop and fully contribute.  If DeSean truly has speed as a part of his game he would make an interesting addition.  A two year contract might be the ticket given his injury history.  Regardless of whether the Bills add any WR’s in FA I think they will draft at least one.

11 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

DJax doesn't seem like a guy our coaches would be interested in.  He'd probably become a headache when he didn't get the ball as much as he'd like.

I'd much rather they target John "Smokey" Brown, who probably would've had a 1,200 yard, 8 TD season if not for Lamar Jackson.  And you never heard a peep out of John Brown about it.  

Oh you mean the guy that chose the Ravens over the Bills likely because of our QB situation.  The main thing players want to do is win.  Baltimore was winning Tampa Bay was not.

16 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Honestly I'm not 100% that Shady will be back next year so if he is going to make a strong play for a player it might have to just be for himself.

Really, What makes you think Shady will not be back.  Brandon Beane seems to feel he will be back.  Somebody needs to let Beane know you plan on over ruling him and releasing LeSean McCoy.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

Lofton had a bit of an off-field history at that time whcih people seem to have mostly forgotten...pre-internet...and people wondered the same thing. It worked out altight.

This was before my time... What did Lofton do? Just interested because he comes across as squeaky clean now as a broadcaster.

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Look...they said Shady was in the plans for 2019 gotdammit!   Are you down with the process or not?!

Hey Chuck......we got a lotta' non-billievers out there!

13 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Both McD and Beane said Shady was in their future for next season. With all that cap space and one year left on his contract I don’t see that changing. 

Give Shady an Oline and passing game and he may return to form. 

I think Shady should be back next year, in fact I'd go as far as to say that I'd want him back. I'm just saying that I'm not 100% that he will be there. There are trades coming as well as free agency and the draft. A year ago I was certain but now I'm only pretty sure. After Fred Jackson's release a few years ago and Thurman going to the Dolphins, running backs are often moved when they start showing signs of age. Shady isn't the process, the process is doing what it takes to build a team that continually improves. 

29 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Oh you mean the guy that chose the Ravens over the Bills likely because of our QB situation.  The main thing players want to do is win.  Baltimore was winning Tampa Bay was not.

I'm assuming it's the same guy.  I only know of one John Brown in the league, though I don't recall the Bills making an offer to him.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

I'm assuming it's the same guy.  I only know of one John Brown in the league, though I don't recall the Bills making an offer to him.

....seem to remember that was pretty well publicized but could be wrong (AGAIN)............

8 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/46890/john-browns-connection-with-joe-flacco-involves-late-brother%3fplatform=amp

I probable have a better memory than most people.  Usually if I have any doubt I will

say so. Like the other day I said Edwards started 5-0 or 4-1.  Wasnt quite sure so added IIRC.  If you dont see that then you can take what Im saying to the bank IIRC.

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....seem to remember that was pretty well publicized but could be wrong (AGAIN)............

I gave him a link

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thought so.....I did remember correctly....good find bud.............:thumbsup:

It does seem there is a personal connection there though as well.  

We already have one of those and a cheaper one at that.  I wouldnt be opposed to signing him but it would be nice to have a highly accomplished Vet in Jackson.

38 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Really, What makes you think Shady will not be back.  Brandon Beane seems to feel he will be back.  Somebody needs to let Beane know you plan on over ruling him and releasing LeSean McCoy.

I think that there could possibly be a team out there who makes an offer to get him. I believe that Beane is very pragmatic and if he feels that it'd be a net gain for the team he'll make that move. Josh Allen is now our offense, McCoy was the year before. I trust that Beane will do what he needs to do.

• Like (+1) 1