Jump to content
TigerJ

Your draft sleeper pick

Recommended Posts

I think one of the fun activities of the pre draft process is to identify potential sleepers, guys who might be picked up in the third round or later with a chance to blossom into a solid football  player or maybe even a star.

 

At this point one guy who has caught my attention is Jazz Ferguson.  He is a 6'5" 225 lb wide receiver from Northwestern State (Louisiana).  He brother, Jaylon Ferguson is also part of the upcoming draft as a WR.  He could be drafted in round 1.  Jazz transfered from LSU because of academics and a failed drug test.  He got his life straightened out, got his grades up and turned into a star at a lower level of competition.  He didn't have much of a route tree at Northwestern State, but he's athletic, excellent hands, and following his sophomore wakeup call has turned into a leader and dedicated football player.

 

So, who's your sleeper pick?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the CB from Troy, Blace Brown. 

 

I read that Buffalo interviewed him this week at the East West Shriner game. He could be a good pick late in the draft. Will watch him play today. 

 

 

Edited by wppete
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think one of the fun activities of the pre draft process is to identify potential sleepers, guys who might be picked up in the third round or later with a chance to blossom into a solid football  player or maybe even a star.

 

At this point one guy who has caught my attention is Jazz Ferguson.  He is a 6'5" 225 lb wide receiver from Northwestern State (Louisiana).  He brother, Jaylon Ferguson is also part of the upcoming draft as a WR.  He could be drafted in round 1.  Jazz transfered from LSU because of academics and a failed drug test.  He got his life straightened out, got his grades up and turned into a star at a lower level of competition.  He didn't have much of a route tree at Northwestern State, but he's athletic, excellent hands, and following his sophomore wakeup call has turned into a leader and dedicated football player.

 

So, who's your sleeper pick?

 

see mocks projecting him from 4th-6th......agree or disagree?...where do you see him going?.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WR Tyre Brady from Marshall. Outstanding catch radius and hands. Likely a 4th rounder because he's not a workout warrior. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got it....Elijah Holyfield RB out of Georgia. This kid probably will be available in rounds 3 or 4 and will be an absolute steal for someone.  Hopefully the Bills

 

I think he’ll be a Nick Chubb type back.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I’ve got it....Elijah Holyfield RB out of Georgia. This kid probably will be available in rounds 3 or 4 and will be an absolute steal for someone.  Hopefully the Bills

 

I think he’ll be a Nick Chubb type back.

 

...his old man is Evander Holyfield the boxer...........interesting............

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I’ve got it....Elijah Holyfield RB out of Georgia. This kid probably will be available in rounds 3 or 4 and will be an absolute steal for someone.  Hopefully the Bills

 

I think he’ll be a Nick Chubb type back.

FWIW Nick Chubb had the highest PFF grade of any back this season. IIRC, of course. 

 

Holyfield is nice, he ain’t that nice. I’d still be happy with the pick. 

Edited by CommonCents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

FWIW Nick Chubb had the highest PFF grade of any back this season. IIRC, of course. 

 

Holyfield is nice, he ain’t that nice. I’d still be happy with the pick. 

We’ll see.  That’s why he’s my sleeper pick.

 

Hes a mid round pick that will make many fans happy their team drafted him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

RB - Memphis- Darrell Henderson

RB- Washington - Myles Gaskin

RB- Mich St - LJ Scott

I really like Henderson. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 sleeper picks at outside linebacker 😎

Drue Tranquill OB Notre Dame 

Chris Peace OB Virginia

Edited by turftoe
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

see mocks projecting him from 4th-6th......agree or disagree?...where do you see him going?.....

I don't have enough knowledge/expertise to say.  I just think he checks some boxes and will be available later than his raw talent level suggests.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

RB - Memphis- Darrell Henderson

RB- Washington - Myles Gaskin

RB- Mich St - LJ Scott

Here's my TEs

Kendal Blanton Mizzo

Jace Sternberger  Texas A&M

Caleb Wilson UCLA

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joshua Miles OL Morgan State.

The only OL at the East West Shrine Game that could really handle the better DL. Very athletic and a bright articulate guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets invited to the Senior Bowl. I think he will be climbing up the draft boards. Here is an interview from E-W Shrine game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iIscnXY4TdY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darrell Henderson and Tyre Brady look like their pretty fast and athletic.  I think Blace Brown would be a solid pick.  I looked up Kendall Blanton and Jace Sternberger, who both look good, and ran across Dawson Knox, TE out of Old Miss.  He sounds like an excellent athlete as well.

Edited by TigerJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Boss Tagaloa.

Next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyree mother flippin' Jackson.  6th round sleeper :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sutton Smith, LB - North Illinois University 

4th or 5th round steal. 

 

 

 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...