Southern Bills Fan

ESPN article says Bills would "obviously trade Allen, Edmunds and White for Mahomes

26 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Good take. 

People keep forgetting that an honest appraisal of Allen after his rookie year would show that he was a better QB then what Mahmes showed after his rookie season.  Now the main reason for that was that Allen got the opportunity to play most of his rookie season and Mahomes did not but the conclusion remains the same:  Allen in his rookie year showed more then Mahomes did in his, particularly in Allen's last 6 games.

Now do I think Allen will match Mahomes in his 2nd year?  No I don't because I don't see any way that the Bills can replicate the offensive talent that Mahomes had at his disposal.  However I do believe that at the end of next year Allen will not be very far behind Mahomes in his QB play.  And I suspect that absent injury these two will be slugging it out over the next 10 years to see who is the best QB in the AFC (along with Sam Dranold).  

In his one start as a rookie, Mahomes threw for more yards than any of Allen’s starts this year.

lets just hope Allen because he’s a legit franchise qb where we don’t have to keep making excuses for his 52% completion %.  But if any other fanbase saw this thread, they would think we are lunatics.  A guy in his second year, with the 2nd worst defense in the nfl, went toe to toe with the greatest ever in a championship game.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In his one start as a rookie, Mahomes threw for more yards than any of Allen’s starts this year.

lets just hope Allen because he’s a legit franchise qb where we don’t have to keep making excuses for his 52% completion %.  But if any other fanbase saw this thread, they would think we are lunatics.  A guy in his second year, with the 2nd worst defense in the nfl, went toe to toe with the greatest ever in a championship game.  

A bit selective in the stats there C.Biscuit.  Let's look at Mahomes full stats for that 2017 game:

22 - 34 - 284 yards - 0 TDs - 1 INT

7 carries for 10 yards, no TD's

Not bad but nothing to write home about either, particularly given the talent around Mahomes in that last game in 2017.  I would argue that Allen had at least 4 games with TOTAL stats equal to or better then that. 

I agree that other fan bases would look at this thread and all the other Mahomes threads on a Buffalo Bills message board and think we're lunatics but not for the reason you think.  They would think it's nuts that so many Bills fans obsess over Mahomes.  They would wonder why 2 years after the 2017 draft we are still crying about not taking Mahomes or even weirder fantasizing about what might have been if Mahones was wearing a Bills uniform.

And I say again that if I had a choice between exchanging Allen for Mahomes OR keeping Allen and getting Hill & Kelce I would keep Allen & take Kelce/Hill in a heartbeat. 

25 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree that other fan bases would look at this thread and all the other Mahomes threads on a Buffalo Bills message board and think we're lunatics but not for the reason you think.  They would think it's nuts that so many Bills fans obsess over Mahomes.  They would wonder why 2 years after the 2017 draft we are still crying about not taking Mahomes or even weirder fantasizing about what might have been if Mahones was wearing a Bills uniform.

Eh, I think it'd be about 90% crazy for comparing Allen to Mahomes and 10% move on from the 2017 draft. Allen simply hasn't proven it yet, so other fanbases would view it as big time homerism. Doesn't mean the homers can't be right.

20 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Zero points in the entire first half

You either make plays or you don't. He didn't until it was already too late 

We've seen this movie before

I can't wait to watch the movie where our second year QB puts up 31 in the AFC Championship game. Now that would be awesome both because it would mean the Bills had regained relevance for the first time in 25 years AND people wouldn't pretend like the Chiefs quarterback wasn't exceptional. I would love for Mahomes to become the "yeah, that would be cool" but Allen lead us to the playoffs so no biggie guy. As a matter of fact, I would love for this board to only mention his name in passing. You know what'll make that happen? Josh Allen having a good/great second season.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1