Trump To Address The Nation Tonight

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He is POTUS, regardless of everything else. The attempt (going on two years now) to de-legitimize him because he wasn't the establishment's pick should not be something anyone tries to further, regardless of their politics or opinion on the man. It sets a dangerous precedent that we, the people, don't deserve a say in choosing our elected leaders. 

That's the end game with all this. 

I don't agree that just because he was elected he is beyond reproach. If the dude uses false numbers and narratives tonight, the 25th should be immediately invoked( i think I have that correct). My disdain for the man has nothing to do with him being anti establisjhment..it is his moral compass 

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No.  Because Trump does not know fantasy from reality.  More than anything he's likely to use false numbers believing they're true.

You, i have never thought of it that way...another reason to use the Article?

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't agree that just because he was elected he is beyond reproach. If the dude uses false numbers and narratives tonight, the 25th should be immediately invoked( i think I have that correct). My disdain for the man has nothing to do with him being anti establisjhment..it is his moral compass 

He would hardly be the first POTUS to use political spin and bogus numbers. No one else called for their heads. 

The point is the narrative from day one has been he's not a legitimate POTUS. 

Partisans support that view, without thinking through the consequences. He was legally elected. He's POTUS. Trying to remove him every day for invented scandals (like this one) or outright coup attempts (Russia Collusion), is dangerous to the country and proves to the establishment that we don't really deserve nor want a say in our elected officials. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He would hardly be the first POTUS to use political spin and bogus numbers.

agreed, but no one had done it this degree. I was half jokingly trying to make the point though that if he does it tonight..with the whole country watching, and cheat sheets put out,  and Dems saying he will use lie and mistruths, and some pundits saying they should  air later to have time to fact check(admittedly they are idiots)......if he does it in the face of all that.......his intelligence level and fitness for office has to be questioned no?

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

agreed, but no one had done it this degree.

The track records of just the past two administrations disagree with you. 

Obama lied about surveillance (cost us civil liberties), drone strikes (killed hundreds, if not thousands), and red lines (Syria descended into civil war). 

W lied about WMD (lead us into war, costing trillions in dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives)

Trump's lies have yet to cost a life, start a war, or cost American tax payers anything. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The track records of just the past two administrations disagree with you. 

Obama lied about surveillance (cost us civil liberties), drone strikes (killed hundreds, if not thousands), and red lines (Syria descended into civil war). 

W lied about WMD (lead us into war, costing trillions in dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives)

Trump's lies have yet to cost a life, start a war, or cost American tax payers anything. 

good points..and we are 100% in agreement on the bolded. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I know, they all voted for Hillary. About 3 million of 'em. 

And they don't repeat Trumps lies either! Another point for them 

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No.  Because Trump does not know fantasy from reality.  More than anything he's likely to use false numbers believing they're true.

So is he unfit for office then? 

Holy cow. I can't believe how insanely the left is melting down about Trump's address tonight.

It's incredible.

How do you leftists have the ability to throw a perpetual hissy fit AND still find time to eat right and exercise?

Never in my adult life have I seen an entire political party SO afraid of one man.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, ? Is you a little butt hurt? ?

lol 

Soros is having you put in some serious time today ahead of Trump's address.  Too bad you will be paid with comp time.  Not expecting you to post back right away as no doubt the generators will be going off for the evening on the Soros cubicle farm.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Holy cow. I can't believe how insanely the left is melting down about Trump's address tonight.

It's incredible.

How do you leftists have the ability to throw a perpetual hissy fit AND still find time to eat right and exercise?

Never in my adult life have I seen an entire political party SO afraid of one man.

They're angry that he's bypassing the "free press."

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

agreed, but no one had done it this degree. I was half jokingly trying to make the point though that if he does it tonight..with the whole country watching, and cheat sheets put out,  and Dems saying he will use lie and mistruths, and some pundits saying they should  air later to have time to fact check(admittedly they are idiots)......if he does it in the face of all that.......his intelligence level and fitness for office has to be questioned no?

Thank you. Finally, an honest liberal broker speaks here. 

Your moral compass can handle your own guy lying and spinning, but gets out of whack when someone else's guy lies and spins. Classic squeeze play in American political theater. 

Solve the border crisis, save some lives, he can dress up as Evita Peron and sing "Dont cry for me Argentina" and I'm ok with it. 

24 minutes ago, Chaz said:

This thread triggers hate in me. Back to my bubble. 

Hey our first "probation" post !

20 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They're angry that he's bypassing the "free press."

Absolutely correct Joe.

22 minutes ago, Wacka said:

It's a Huawei?

IPhone 8. 

It literally does the weirdest things on this site. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/look-border-reality-amid-wall-debate-233323856.html

???? Check the picture in this article!

i can just see some exec at CNN now. “No, not the fat woman and her two 12 year olds in diapers. Something fun. Something peppy and harmless. Get me a picture with kids and balloons!”

Edited by The_Dude