Trump To Address The Nation Tonight

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It requires 60 votes to pass the Senate. The GOP doesn't hold that many seats so majority control does not mean they can get anything passed they wish. 

Fullsized image

0:)

I get it and understand it. Again, why would McConnell put the political crosshairs on himself by claiming he won't bring the bill to vote? That just begs for him to be blamed.  

Also wouldn't this vote be about refunding government workers without funding the wall?  I think McConnell is afraid of 10 yesses on that.

Oh the sign of the devil huh? Take a look at which part of the Presidential seal was over Trump's LEFT shoulder...?

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

I get it and understand it.

:beer: I saw your response to 3rd after I responded. The pains of being a west coaster, I'm always behind in the mornings. 

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

Again, why would McConnell put the political crosshairs on himself by claiming he won't bring the bill to vote? That just begs for him to be blamed.  

Also wouldn't this vote be about refunding government workers without funding the wall?  I think McConnell is afraid of 10 yesses on that.

Because he's protecting his party for 2020. This whole shutdown is about 2020 for the left, they want to deny Trump a political victory that would make him harder to beat. McConnell is many things, but a dummy ain't one of them. This shutdown helps Trump much more than it helps the left (in terms of 2020 optics). 

3 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Oh the sign of the devil huh? Take a look at which part of the Presidential seal was over Trump's LEFT shoulder...?

Just a bit of fun. :beer: 

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It requires 60 votes to pass the Senate. The GOP doesn't hold that many seats so majority control does not mean they can get anything passed they wish. 

Fullsized image

0:)

It requires 50 votes to pass the Senate.  It requires 60 votes for cloture.

Really, this doesn't end until enough Republicans in the Senate and House decide to grow up and vote for something that doesn't fund the wall in enough numbers to override a veto, realizing that this nonsense is all out of proportion to the issue.

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, bigots just don't like people from "sh@@hole" countries

what happened to the day when you had to bring a benefit to America with you when you came? you know, a skill, a trade something that benefited the American society. not a drain upon that society. 

the dishonesty from the left is so blatant that it is amazing their constituency doesn't see right through it. that or they choose not to because #orangemanbad.

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: I saw your response to 3rd after I responded. The pains of being a west coaster, I'm always behind in the mornings. 

Just a bit of fun. :beer: 

So this explains your Deep State and Q threads. ?

Pass the grass! ?:beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, bigots just don't like people from "sh@@hole" countries

Real Americans don't like people from "sh@@hole" countries, who keep holding onto their old "sh@@hole" countries beliefs, and try to turn America into the "sh@@hole" country that they fled from in the first place. Too many want to come here to get away from a "sh@@hole" country, forgetting that unless their attitudes and belief structures change, they will turn our country into a "sh@@hole" country. 

Want to come here and integrate into our society? Great! Want to come here and turn my country into the "sh@@hole" country you couldn't wait to leave. F you.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Real Americans don't like people from "sh@@hole" countries, who keep holding onto their old "sh@@hole" countries beliefs, and try to turn America into the "sh@@hole" country that they fled from in the first place. Too many want to come here to get away from a "sh@@hole" country, forgetting that unless their attitudes and belief structures change, they will turn our country into a "sh@@hole" country. 

Want to come here and integrate into our society? Great! Want to come here and turn my country into the "sh@@hole" country you couldn't wait to leave. F you.

Bigots be bigots. That's all 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

what happened to the day when you had to bring a benefit to America with you when you came? you know, a skill, a trade something that benefited the American society. not a drain upon that society. 

the dishonesty from the left is so blatant that it is amazing their constituency doesn't see right through it. that or they choose not to because #orangemanbad.

When was that? 

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

lol. the message is built on deception.  did the gist of my post not register?

I think that I can discern that myself.

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Bigots be bigots. That's all 

When was that? 

Obviously before you arrived here.

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

... When was that? 

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952

The multiple laws which governed immigration and naturalization to that time were brought into one comprehensive statute, the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952. It (1) reaffirmed the national origins quota system, (2) limited immigration from the Eastern Hemisphere while leaving the Western Hemisphere unrestricted, (3) established preferences for skilled workers and relatives of U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens; and (4) tightened security and screening standards and procedures.

Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965

The Hart-Cellar Act abolished the national origins quota system but still maintained was the principle of numerical restriction by establishing 170,000 Hemispheric and 20,000 per country ceilings and a seven-category preference system (favoring close relatives of U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens, those with needed occupational skills, and refugees) for the Eastern Hemisphere and a separate 120,000 ceiling for the Western Hemisphere.

lets not forget the Act of 1906

English language requirement

Procedural safeguards for naturalization were enacted. Knowledge of English was made a basic requirement.

resource

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952

The multiple laws which governed immigration and naturalization to that time were brought into one comprehensive statute, the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952. It (1) reaffirmed the national origins quota system, (2) limited immigration from the Eastern Hemisphere while leaving the Western Hemisphere unrestricted, (3) established preferences for skilled workers and relatives of U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens; and (4) tightened security and screening standards and procedures.

Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965

The Hart-Cellar Act abolished the national origins quota system but still maintained was the principle of numerical restriction by establishing 170,000 Hemispheric and 20,000 per country ceilings and a seven-category preference system (favoring close relatives of U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens, those with needed occupational skills, and refugees) for the Eastern Hemisphere and a separate 120,000 ceiling for the Western Hemisphere.

lets not forget the Act of 1906

English language requirement

Procedural safeguards for naturalization were enacted. Knowledge of English was made a basic requirement.

resource

So if they can work they should come in, what's the problem? 

And people escaping persecution. 

Let's not go back to the days of MS St. Louis 

Just now, DC Tom said:

Absolutely.

Legally.

Wait. You mean there's a way for them to enter the country legally?

Someone should alert the left to this information. How could anyone argue against the idea of people entering the country legally?

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Wait. You mean there's a way for them to enter the country legally?

Someone should alert the left to this information. How could anyone argue against the idea of people entering the country legally?

Yes...but there's also limitations on it, which is why so many enter illegally.  Which is why we need reform.  The law needs to be amended.  

Too bad Democrats consider legislative solutions to legislative issues to be "racist."

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I know, I know, you hate them, are afraid of them etc. But the future will be great, just go with the flow. 

okay, let go with your....unbridled enthusiasm for a minute.  please be honest if you can.

so, we just let in whomever wants to come in. i assume you advocate for the admission of the sick, diseased, addled and weak not to mention the unskilled who have absolutely no ability to hold a job.  lets say this year we let in 10 million illegals, next year we let in 50 million illegals. the American social welfare economic model begins to seriously teeter to the point where it is essentially insoluble trying to care for all these people. the only solution is to raise taxes to the 70% rate but, you know we can't do that because AOC has already raised it to that level to fund her Green energy programs. 

at what point do you say we cannot sustain this? is it when the American way of life is brought to third world standards?

that is certainly what you are advocating whether you want to admit it or not.

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

okay, let go with your....unbridled enthusiasm for a minute.  please be honest if you can.

so, we just let in whomever wants to come in. i assume you advocate for the admission of the sick, diseased, addled and weak not to mention the unskilled who have absolutely no ability to hold a job.  lets say this year we let in 10 million illegals, next year we let in 50 million illegals. the American social welfare economic model begins to seriously teeter to the point where it is essentially insoluble trying to care for all these people. the only solution is to raise taxes to the 70% rate but, you know we can't do that because AOC has already raised it to that level to fund her Green energy programs. 

at what point do you say we cannot sustain this? is it when the American way of life is brought to third world standards?

that is certainly what you are advocating whether you want to admit it or not.

Woo! Did you know that most people don't want to come here? My solutions are to abolish the the northern and southern borders, create one nation out of us all. Only way we can compete against China. Then I'd use foreign policy to fix up other places around the globe to make those places nice, and our allies. Way better than building a stupid wall or invading countries like with Bush and Iraq. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Woo! Did you know that most people don't want to come here? My solutions are to abolish the the northern and southern borders, create one nation out of us all. Only way we can compete against China. Then I'd use foreign policy to fix up other places around the globe to make those places nice, and our allies. Way better than building a stupid wall or invading countries like with Bush and Iraq. 

So your solution is the dissolution of the United States of America and its sovereignty.

At least you're finally being honest. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

:wallbash:

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So your solution is the dissolution of the United States of America and its sovereignty.

At least you're finally being honest. 

No, the expansion of the United States, that's our history! 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Do you honestly believe Canada and Mexico would just let the US absorb them without war? 

I think the UK would have more than a thing or two to say about that.

Yes, slowly.

The UK? Huh? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So if they can work they should come in, what's the problem? 

And people escaping persecution. 

Let's not go back to the days of MS St. Louis 

This is a red herring. Whenever you see this argument used wrt the southern border you know the person is concealing his real agenda and selling you something he thinks you're more likely to buy.

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Do you honestly believe Canada and Mexico would just let the US absorb them without war? 

I think the UK would have more than a thing or two to say about that.

The UK??  You think China would roll over on that one?  He's saying this to allow us to compete with China.  His plan would blow the world up with WWIII.  

And people that live in shithole countries are typically the reason their countries are shitholes.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

This stat is very sad  and what is even sadder that CBS deleted it because it reinforced the claim:

CBS decided to help Democrats by fact-checking in real time President Trump's address on the need for a wall.

CBS reported, "Fact check: Number of women sexually assaulted on trip to border.

"CLAIM: The president claimed one in three women have been sexually assaulted traveling to the border.

"FACT CHECK: Between 60 percent and 80 percent of female migrants traveling through Mexico are raped along the way, Amnesty International estimates."

None of the "fact checks" CBS left in place refuted the President's claims from last night (you have to add on one of them).

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This stat is very sad  and what is even sadder that CBS deleted it because it reinforced the claim:

CBS decided to help Democrats by fact-checking in real time President Trump's address on the need for a wall.

CBS reported, "Fact check: Number of women sexually assaulted on trip to border.

"CLAIM: The president claimed one in three women have been sexually assaulted traveling to the border.

"FACT CHECK: Between 60 percent and 80 percent of female migrants traveling through Mexico are raped along the way, Amnesty International estimates."

None of the "fact checks" CBS left in place refuted the President's claims from last night (you have to add on one of them).

The most embarrassing part of Trump's speech is listening to the left -- who have spent years yelling "if we only save one person..." -- explaining how there just aren't that many people being raped, murdered and sold for sex to build a wall.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, The_Dude said:

Did people actually watch the address and if so, why?

I did not. I'm pretty sure though that I could give a spot-on recap of it despite not having seen it.

Normally I prefer to read addresses. But with Trump's routine of going off script, it's much more informative to watch and listen to the full address - so I watched both live. 

Why? Because I'd rather hear the information for myself before I read people's spin. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Normally I prefer to read addresses. But with Trump's routine of going off script, it's much more informative to watch and listen to the full address - so I watched both live. 

Why? Because I'd rather hear the information for myself before I read people's spin. 

With Trump, the only way to understand him is to listen. I've tried reading his addresses and it hurts the head.

• Like (+1) 1