Sunday Wild Card Game: Chargers at Baltimore, 1 pm on CBS

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I want to see the Chargers win, but the odds are against them. If they can't run vs the Ravens, they'll lose.

At some point, we gotta blame Rivers right? His teams just don't get it done come playoff time.

He got it done!

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

I wish both these teams could move on.  

Love Rivers as a player and human being. 

Love that the Ravens are winning by playing defense and running in a “passing league”. 

It still wins; no offensive juggernauts this weekend, just great playoff defense and doing what it takes to win.  Bottom line is winning; the only trend in the NFL!

Jackson is a poor man’s Vick. Harbaugh looked like an idiot by not bringing Flacco in at halftime. The late TDs were fluky. Baltimore is an 8-10 win team every year with that defense but if Harbaugh hitches his wagon to Jackson it will spell his doom. 

1 hour ago, Big C said:

As I said earlier, I think the Chargers felt confident in their gameplan to stop the Ravens O and didn't really open up the playbook for their offense because they will need it next week.

Lamar made some plays when the game was out of hand and the Chargers should have iced the game if not for a questionable hold call anyhow. I don't think they felt like they were losing that game at any point.

Good call on the game, but I wouldn't say it was totally out of hand considering they had the ball with a chance to score at the end. The Jackson stuff seems a little over the top. He's an odd player so clearly people will see different things. Disirregardless, you called a Chargers W and that's what occurred. 

Edited by LSHMEAB

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Good call on the game, but I wouldn't say it was totally out of hand considering they had the ball with a chance to score at the end. The Jackson stuff seems a little over the top. He's an odd player so clearly people will see different things. Disirregardless, you called a Chargers W and that's what occurred. 

It's disirregardlessnessable.  Get it right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

Winning a playoff game on the road is always tough. The real test comes next week. If he wins two road playoff games He's legit

I will agree if he can take down NE in Foxboro and I do agree “a win is a win”

3 hours ago, Big C said:

As I said earlier, I think the Chargers felt confident in their gameplan to stop the Ravens O and didn't really open up the playbook for their offense because they will need it next week.

Lamar made some plays when the game was out of hand and the Chargers should have iced the game if not for a questionable hold call anyhow. I don't think they felt like they were losing that game at any point.

I don’t know if I necessarily but that SD was holding back.  I think Baltimore’s defense was really good and stuffed them in the red zone which is why the game wasn’t a blow out.  

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Haven't read through pages. Are people finally opening their eyes and seeing that Lamar is just not an NFL caliber passer? I've been saying for the last month he's basically Tyrod 2.0. Lamar the better runner, Tyrod better passer. Lamar is terrible at reading coverage and usually gives up after his first read.  He's just awful as a passer overall

It boggled my mind to see national journalists rank Jackson above Allen. Based mainly on his record which was all due to a great D and great scheme for the run game. 

Again, It just boggled my mind so many local Bill fans and national "experts were so high on the kid. I had him 5th out of the 1st rounders, behind Rosen.

You run into a great defense and they eliminate the run game, make him beat you with his arm , the Ravens winning percentage goes down very Low...By far the most overrated rookie out of any position, imo.

It demonstrates how important it is to try and fix Allen's deficiencies as a passer. Running QBs can look good for a while, but for long term and consistent success you have to have a QB who is at least an adequate passer (and hopefully better).