Julian Edelman fined $63,504 for unnecessary roughness on 3 plays

cd1

Yet, none of the bills rarely ever stand up for their guys even when getting the pissed kicked out of them, and the other team takes a cheap shot at one of your own. 

Thats why a lot of us, myself included were happy when the fight broke out during the jags game. It showed the team has a set and wasn’t going to let another team push us around. I just wish it was against the pats or jets(Allen a few times on late hits and Hauschka). 

9 hours ago, WideNine said:

The other 2 were for crack-back blocks - no call, just like how the rushing TD that never crossed the goal line was reviewed and held. Is what it is.

I would be OK with the penalty if a Bill returned the favor.

I'd have been ok with no penalty if they would have called one of the two calls on the Allen pass into the end zone late in the game.  Seemed fairly obvious holding around the 5, followed up with def pass interference in the end zone. They can't see everything but for the love of the game toss a flag on a potential game changing play. 

On on the other hand it saved the pain of watching the Bills go up by...say 2, a wtf safety that starts with a play from our 35, and a pats return with 14 seconds left in overtime. Or, pretty much anything else. 

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

So, any word on this from @PatsFanNH, @Chris66, or @Cmdjr85

?

The guy is the biggest cheap shot artist in the league. A scum bag. It's shameful that he's in the NFL. I'd rather have Burfict on my team.

Case closed.

Really? The hate for Edelman is like that for Rodney Harrison.  A total different kind of player who plays hard and sometimes does stupid things.. Burfict is a future inmate as his is pure anger and does nothing smart at all.. but the Bills putting them on their team be super smart (sarcasm)  while Edelman actually is a good/great WR  who actually make Allen job easier.. but ya Burfict is the better choice because YOU think he is dirty.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Really? The hate for Edelman is like that for Rodney Harrison.  A total different kind of player who plays hard and sometimes does stupid things.. Burfict is a future inmate as his is pure anger and does nothing smart at all.. but the Bills putting them on their team be super smart (sarcasm)  while Edelman actually is a good/great WR  who actually make Allen job easier.. but ya Burfict is the better choice because YOU think he is dirty.

Edelman is a total scumbag. He's a dirtier player than Burfict. He takes cheap shots every game. Every single one.

And he talks more crap than anyone else in the league. Yet somehow it's never unsportsmanlike conduct when he does it, but respond with an F bomb and you get 15 yards.

At least with Burfict you know you're getting a guy that'll do a few stupid things every other game or so. Edelman is worse: the kind of rat boy punk who does it every chance he gets because he knows he won't get penalized or suspended.

He's a dirtbag; plain and simple, and I'm not surprised that he gets defended by the same group of fans that justify the actions of guys like Marchand and Bird in their other sports teams.

Call it straight: he deserves a suspension for repeatedly taking cheap shots at other players, but he'll never get one, and it's inexcusable.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

During the first game against the Patriots this year I was furious about Edelman calling for a fair catch and then launching at our gunner's head. I thought that was a very easy penalty call, and I was happy when he was fined for that.

In this most recent game I was watching for any dirty plays. And, to be honest, I didn't see any. There was 1 play where he called for a fair catch and then blocked our gunner, but he didn't target the head or put much force into it. I didn't think that deserved a penalty, let alone a fine. 

I have to say I'm happy to see the league targeting Edelman. They must've had a conversation with him and told him to knock it off (and he hasn't gotten the message). 

Calling for a fair catch and then blocking is, by definition, a penalty. It doesn’t matter if it is a rough hit or not. It is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, not unnecessary roughness.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Edelman is a total scumbag. He's a dirtier player than Burfict. He takes cheap shots every game. Every single one.

And he talks more crap than anyone else in the league. Yet somehow it's never unsportsmanlike conduct when he does it, but respond with an F bomb and you get 15 yards.

At least with Burfict you know you're getting a guy that'll do a few stupid things every other game or so. Edelman is worse: the kind of rat boy punk who does it every chance he gets because he knows he won't get penalized or suspended.

He's a dirtbag; plain and simple, and I'm not surprised that he gets defended by the same group of fans that justify the actions of guys like Marchand and Bird in their other sports teams.

Call it straight: he deserves a suspension for repeatedly taking cheap shots at other players, but he'll never get one, and it's inexcusable.

Ok we all get it you don’t like Edelman. That’s fine, but saying you rather have Burfict over him just blind silly hate.  Burfict improves the Bills 0% while Edelman improves your team 1000 percent as Allen actually have someone get open and catch the ball. 

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok we all get it you don’t like Edelman. That’s fine, but saying you rather have Burfict over him just blind silly hate.  Burfict improves the Bills 0% while Edelman improves your team 1000 percent as Allen actually have someone get open and catch the ball. 

Nope. I'd rather have Burfict.

Seriously.

I have no interest in either guy, but if you held a gun to my head I'd pick Vontaze 100 times out of 100. 

I have a much better shot at controlling his scum baggery--which has been checked by the league via suspensions--than Edelman, who can't help himself and does it weekly without repercussion. 

And 1000% improvement from an easily replaceable slot receiver? That's utter nonsense.

Edited by thebandit27

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yup the hate for Edelman is like that for Rodney Harrison, well deserved. As a Charger, Harrison was identified as the dirtiest player in the league by his peers. The Patriot way embraced it. Sometimes did stupid things? Spoken like a true Patriot apologist. They are/were both dirty players. Own it and move on.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nope. I'd rather have Burfict.

Seriously.

I have no interest in either guy, but if you held a gun to my head I'd pick Vontaze 100 times out of 100. 

I have a much better shot at controlling his scum baggery--which has been checked by the league via suspensions--than Edelman, who can't help himself and does it weekly without repercussion. 

And 1000% improvement from an easily replaceable slot receiver? That's utter nonsense.

Name 1 good WR on your team?  He improve your O drastically.. again your hate is showing.. but it’s ok because everyAFC north team be the exact opposite for the same reason lol

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Name 1 good WR on your team?  He improve your O drastically.. again your hate is showing.. but it’s ok because everyAFC north team be the exact opposite for the same reason lol

It would sicken me to have Edelman in the Bills.

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I can find a slot receiver anywhere. And based on how much NE has paid rat boy, they agree.

33 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yup the hate for Edelman is like that for Rodney Harrison, well deserved. As a Charger, Harrison was identified as the dirtiest player in the league by his peers. The Patriot way embraced it. Sometimes did stupid things? Spoken like a true Patriot apologist. They are/were both dirty players. Own it and move on.

My point is if he is on your team you love him but if he isn’t you hate him.  (I hated Harrison till he became a Patriot.. I didn’t love him but I liked him then lol)

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

My point is if he is on your team you love him but if he isn’t you hate him.  (I hated Harrison till he became a Patriot.. I didn’t love him but I liked him then lol)

Nope

Believe it or not, some people actually don't like those kinds of players.

The examples that I always use are Matt Barnaby and Derek Roy as Sabres--couldn't stand them and glad they left. 

There's nothing admirable about playing the scum bag role.

Lol ahahaha no hes not dirty,

How about kiko trying to destroy joshy today.

Thats dirty

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol wonder what hed be saying if alonso wrecked allens day?