Brian Daboll: Comments On Head Coaching Opportunities

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

To your point, here's his QB each year you refer to:

32nd (2009) - Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn

29th (2009) - Colt McCoy, 35 year-old Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace

22nd (2010) - Matt Moore and Chad Henne

24th (2011) - Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn

31st (2018) - Nate Peterman, Derek Anderson, Matt Barkley and Josh Allen

I know nobody here wants to hear it. After all, the OC is always the easiest scapegoat around. But the reason Daboll's still respected around the league, still getting mentioned for head coaching jobs, still getting employed by Belichick and Saban, and still getting this shot at OCing here in Buffalo is simple ... people recognize he's been handicapped by personnel at every stop. They see him doing as good a job as is reasonably possible with the personnel given him. This was always going to be a pretty terrible offense unless Allen somehow made monster jumps upwards and played like Marino or Roethlisberger as a rookie. He hasn't.

But why do I bother? It's much easier and more fun to grab a pitchfork and a torch, join the mob and run screaming towards the castle.

...his two previous stops as OC were 2011 with the Fins and 2012 with the Chiefs......was he a victim of bad personnel?...or a victim of circumstance with the Fins hiring Philbin as HC who wanted Sherman as his OC or the Chiefs hiring Andy who wanted Pederson as his OC?.....pretty hard to glean much from his resume' as far as being a holdever for coaching and developmental talent...so with 2019 being a hugely pivotal year for Blfo, perhaps one of the most in the last decade+ or even back to the Polian era. he along with McBeane and McDermott face the proverbial "show me year" together......5-10 NEXT year at this same time (NOT saying 2019 will be an overnight draft/FA success, looking at 2020 realistically)may raise some eyebrows...,...then again, "TBD" and "patience" NEVER belong in the SAME sentence....stay tuned...............

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I sincerely hope he does... -With any luck it'll be the Jets or Dolphins.

If he so loved in NE as some would have you believe then maybe he could go back to the Pats and Belichick can sleep easy.

Edited by iinii
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/27/2018 at 6:40 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/12/e8b0c72f33ea4/what-bills-brian-daboll-said-a.html

To anyone that doubts the interest in Brian Daboll as Head Coach next season, there have rumors and a reporter asked him about the opportunity.  

Daboll didn’t directly answer the question.  He only said, “this is my hometown and I love it here” before trailing off.

Call me crazy but I think there might be a chance (though not a huge one) that he gets a head coaching job. 

Not sure why people think it’s crazy, there are multiple rumors of him being a candidate at different places.  Not like it’s TSW rumors.  Doesn’t mean he gets offered a job, but there seems to be multiple reports that have him on some teams lists of possible candidates. 

Personally, I fully expect he will be here next year. Then he would become a hot candidate for the 2020 season if Allen and a revamped offense start making some noise next year.  

On 12/27/2018 at 10:24 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Clearly he highly regarded in the NFL.  It’s not like this is just my speculation.  It’s talked about enough that reporters straight-up asked him about the possibility.  I feel that the talk intensified when Brett Favre said he should be considered for Green Bay’s HC job.  

How can any owner or GM sell a HC who ranked last or 31st in offense? I just don't see there being any HC opportunity for him but I could be wrong.

I really like Dabol and hope he stays. I would say no way he goes after one year but i said the same thing about Pettine.

The players dont call him the mad scientist for nothing, he and the players need more time together to really get this offense going. Hopefully Bills do all they can to keep him here.

• SDS changed the title to Brian Daboll: Comments On Head Coaching Opportunities

I don't think he will be a candidate for a HC position, but come on folks!

This is the NFL; genuine coaching talent is rare, and the same little pool of names gets re-treaded around the league all the time.

These guys have more lives than cats.