SPECIAL Holiday Thanks To The TBD Posting Family

OldTimeAFLGuy

There are NO words to describe or enough thanks to put forth regarding the TBD supportive family....I come here as a PIA for some "stress relief" to chat about football, robbing bandwidth accordingly with my "senior moments" babble...yes SDS invoices me annually for my $15,000 dues and I've been seen on Interstate exits with my tin cup and sign.....BUT....this family is well worth it (SOB won't give me an AARP discount).....as many of my friends here know, we endured 5 deaths in a span of 16 months.......my wife, her beloved dog (actually interred them together), my wife's brother, an aunt and finally my mother in Feb. 2017......we are a "never say quit" bunch with my kids as my bastian of support.....they are what I have left besides my work.....my dad, mom , brother and wife are all gone.....being able to come here in an envious release that has been gracefully afforded to me and I cannot thank all of you enough.....Merry Christmas, Happy New Years and Happy Holidays to THE best gang on the planet BAR NONE....screw Musk and Mars...THIS is THE place....Godspeed gang..........thumbgrin.gif

• Like (+1) 19
  • Thank you (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I've always gotten mighty fine vibes from you AFLguy. Sorry for your losses, you got family here at TBD. I've been through a lot too and thank God I have this place to talk about Bills football. Love this place. Ever need to talk just PM me.

.friends like you make the experience all worthwhile....with my sincere condolences for your struggles and perseverance...likewise, I will forever be here for your support 24/7/365...godspeed my friend...:thumbsup:.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I've always gotten mighty fine vibes from you AFLguy. Sorry for your losses, you got family here at TBD. I've been through a lot too and thank God I have this place to talk about Bills football. Love this place. Ever need to talk just PM me.

...ironically, there are others here with whom we have shared the unfairness of life's experiences via PM.....a rewarding support group if you will and I cannot divulge their names out of respect.....hopefully others here know there is support available WELL outside of the silly game known as football.....after all, it is a "community"....

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

Merry Christmas my friend, may your day be filled with the best memories of your wife and loved ones. God bless.

...thank you my idol.....I knew you'd chime it...THE best..........:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

There are NO words to describe or enough thanks to put forth regarding the TBD supportive family....I come here as a PIA for some "stress relief" to chat about football, robbing bandwidth accordingly with my "senior moments" babble...yes SDS invoices me annually for my $15,000 dues and I've been seen on Interstate exits with my tin cup and sign.....BUT....this family is well worth it (SOB won't give me an AARP discount).....as many of my friends here know, we endured 5 deaths in a span of 16 months.......my wife, her beloved dog (actually interred them together), my wife's brother, an aunt and finally my mother in Feb. 2017......we are a "never say quit" bunch with my kids as my bastian of support.....they are what I have left besides my work.....my dad, mom , brother and wife are all gone.....being able to come here in an envious release that has been gracefully afforded to me and I cannot thank all of you enough.....Merry Christmas, Happy New Years and Happy Holidays to THE best gang on the planet BAR NONE....screw Musk and Mars...THIS is THE place....Godspeed gang..........thumbgrin.gif

Merry Christmas

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BlueandRed said:

? Your wife and dog are buried together? What happened?

...she had a highly successful double lung transplant at the Cleveland Clinic...three days before her release, she suffered a stroke...paralyzed and left unattended in bed, she fell out smashing her head on the floor.....brain hemorrhage ten days later killed her....her dog died shortly thereafter almost as a joining fate....so I interred them together......Catholic church says "no" but the nun that helped me said, "I'm not telling anybody"...she was the best.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...she had a highly successful double lung transplant at the Cleveland Clinic...three days before her release, she suffered a stroke...paralyzed and left unattended in bed, she fell out smashing her head on the floor.....brain hemorrhage ten days later killed her....her dog died shortly thereafter almost as a joining fate....so I interred them together......Catholic church says "no" but the nun that helped me said, "I'm not telling anybody"...she was the best.........

May they rest in peace.

God bless you and all the good posters.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

This is a special thread.  It makes me feel warm. You are appreciated my friend.  Merry Christmas and god bless you and your kids.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Best wishes this holiday season my friend.

• Like (+1) 1

Merry Christmas you old bastard. Very sorry to hear about your losses and glad you can find solace on this island of misfit toys.

I am mostly a lurker but also am appreciative of this place to come and get my Bills fix. Merry Xmas to everybody and, of course, may this next season be the one. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Come to the home opene in September.