Again people..... This is the first year of a REBUILD

H2o

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

I want to see them be aggressive in FA addressing the needs of this team as well as filling the team out with draft picks. In the end it depends on what we are able to do. If there are obvious upgrades to help Allen out and he still looks the same then I'll probably be pissed too. What I expect is for him to improve as they improve the team around him and us to be back in the playoffs again for the 2nd time in 3 years next year. 

Optimism not allowed, only extreme pessimism!

4 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Doubt competing for the AFC east title is going to happen next year. So knowing most likely that doesn't happen next year why wait until next year for McClown to be on the hot seat? Knowing what we know about his limitations after 2 years his seat should be real hot this year, why wait until next year? 

Is it you know he isn't a very good coach but need another year to cement that fact before kicking him to the curb?

Fire everybody now!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Are there enough out there to go around, since we won't get everyone we want, and will the FA's choose Buffalo over many other teams with probably a much better situation to offer.

I dont expect we will fill all our needs adequately but enough to compete for the AFC east.  At least that's my expectations.

9 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Doubt competing for the AFC east title is going to happen next year. So knowing most likely that doesn't happen next year why wait until next year for McClown to be on the hot seat? Knowing what we know about his limitations after 2 years his seat should be real hot this year, why wait until next year? 

Is it you know he isn't a very good coach but need another year to cement that fact before kicking him to the curb?

I reject the entire premise of whatever it was you were saying.

36 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’m tired of excuses like this. Baker Mayfield & Sam Darnold have at times looked the part of a franchise QB. Lamar Jackson is the best athletic QB. We have at best the #4 QB in the draft & there is easily a 50/50 chance Allen totally busts in 2019. How much better can a 50% passer get in year 2 assuming we bring in a rookie WR & TE? I don’t want to sound the alarm, but this regime likely has 16 to 32 games until a new one is brought in to attempt another ‘rebuild’. We play the NFC East & AFC North next year. That’s a tough climb. Road games at Dallas, Cleveland, & Pittsburgh. What’s the rosiest early predictions on 2019? 7-9? 

Playoffs next year or bust. No more excuses. 

• Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Does McDermott learn how to manage a game in year two?  Year one and year minus one have not been good in that department.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I thought this was the second decade of a rebuild?

With each new coach the clock restarts and what happened before, no matter how long and futile, doesn't matter.  It's all unicorns and rainbows until the next coach.  Then rinse and repeat.

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

With each new coach the clock restarts and what happened before, no matter how long and futile, doesn't matter.  It's all unicorns and rainbows until the next coach.  Then rinse and repeat.

Reduced to hoping for a wild card for almost two decades has been unfortunate....

• Like (+1) 1

I'm encouraged by many of the cultural changes happening at One Bills Drive and believe this offseason they will grow leaps and bounds beyond what we've seen in the past. I'm not going to wag my finger at the naysayers but this time is different. Whaleys left us in a terrible cap situation, although he was trying to compete. The Beane Man came in and decided the roster needed an overhaul not a bandaid. 

As long as we've got our franchise quarterback set in stone, the sky is the limit.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Reduced to hoping for a wild card for almost two decades has been unfortunate....

I think that happening last year was a bad thing for the Bills staff.  Lucking into that last year set higher than reasonable expectations for this season.

I think we are actually in year 2 of the rebiuld......but I understand what the OP is trying to say.......lots of turnover on this roster and young players playing.....this was the painful dead cap year as they got it all out of the way this year.......

I feel it is year 2 because they have the qb and the defense i nearly set.....and they appear to have done it in increments and will now (hopefully) work on the offense

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Again with all of the p***ing and moaning threads all over I just wanted to remind everyone this is really the first year of a rebuild. It's all this player sucks, we whiffed on this person or that person, we should have done this, we should have done that, this coach, that coach, the GM sucks, fire someone, fire everyone, it makes this board hard to read anymore. We lost 2 good OL'man and traded away another for whatever reasons they had. We have a rookie QB without much help, but has still basically been the entire offense this year. We have a rag-tag group of WR's who have not done much to help said rookie QB. No running game. A defense that isn't having the same good fortune as last year. You can post your QB ratings and think it proves something, blame coaching, who we signed, who we didn't sign, blame the GM, whatever. We have a young team at many key positions right now, a FA period with $90,000,000 to spend, and 10 draft picks coming up in 2019. If this was the end of next year I would understand, but it's not. I hope Santa brings you guys some Preparation H and a 3 pack of Puffs with lotion for Christmas. 

Seriously Im ready to call it a season till after the draft.  Ive heard of rose colored glasses but some people got chit colored glasses around here.

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

I think that happening last year was a bad thing for the Bills staff.  Lucking into that last year set higher than reasonable expectations for this season.

It was nice to squeak in, end the punchline in foootball circles 

i took little thrills out of it and the game itself

Playoffs next year would be much more enjoyable with an improved Allen, good to dream about it....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I don't see a franchise QB.  Not yet anyway, we'll see.

The Bills brass didn't draft Allen number 7 overall to be a pencil pusher. He's shown every bit the promise you'd expect from a young up and comer from a small school. The offense is growing right in front of our eyes with Daboll calling the shots. All youngsters take their lumps in Foxborough. I was a bit bummed out but if you keep it in proper perspective, it all makes sense.

I was a bit perturbed by the rushing defense but Belichick must have exploited our injuries but I'd like to see our boys put forth maximum effort and it was lacking.

Edited by BillsSB2020

2 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

The Bills brass didn't draft Allen number 7 overall to be a pencil pusher. He's shown every bit the promise you'd expect from a young up and comer from a small school. The offense is growing right in front of our eyes with Daboll calling the shots. All youngsters take their lumps in Foxborough. I was a bit bummed out but if you keep it in proper perspective, it all makes sense.

Sadly, draft position is not a guarantee of success.  It is possible that he grows into it.  He has the size, arm strength, and seemingly the work ethic.  Like I said, we'll see.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The same people claiming before the season that our QB situation was better and they should be around 9-7 and competing for a playoff spot are the same people who are now starting threads like this. ? 

Wrong, the majority of posters predicted 2018 to be exactly what you seen! Find someone else to get mad at!

• Like (+1) 2