Again people..... This is the first year of a REBUILD

H2o

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I get a sense that if things dont work out with the current regime, those who said they would fail will be more happy being right than they would if the team succeeds.

Well if the current regime fails that means the team won't be successful and the people that are not H U G E McD fans would be right about him. No! 

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we are actually in year 2 of the rebiuld......but I understand what the OP is trying to say.......lots of turnover on this roster and young players playing.....this was the painful dead cap year as they got it all out of the way this year.......

I feel it is year 2 because they have the qb and the defense i nearly set.....and they appear to have done it in increments and will now (hopefully) work on the offense

Riverside comes through again with common sense!

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Again with all of the p***ing and moaning threads all over I just wanted to remind everyone this is really the first year of a rebuild. It's all this player sucks, we whiffed on this person or that person, we should have done this, we should have done that, this coach, that coach, the GM sucks, fire someone, fire everyone, it makes this board hard to read anymore. We lost 2 good OL'man and traded away another for whatever reasons they had. We have a rookie QB without much help, but has still basically been the entire offense this year. We have a rag-tag group of WR's who have not done much to help said rookie QB. No running game. A defense that isn't having the same good fortune as last year. You can post your QB ratings and think it proves something, blame coaching, who we signed, who we didn't sign, blame the GM, whatever. We have a young team at many key positions right now, a FA period with $90,000,000 to spend, and 10 draft picks coming up in 2019. If this was the end of next year I would understand, but it's not. I hope Santa brings you guys some Preparation H and a 3 pack of Puffs with lotion for Christmas. 

The bolded needs to be bold, in italics, underlined, in red.....in the most enormous font possible. 

What QB is successful with zero threat of a running game? That is rare indeed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I get a sense that if things dont work out with the current regime, those who said they would fail will be more happy being right than they would if the team succeeds.

Millennials love drama, it would make there year!

Just now, Augie said:

The bolded needs to be bold, in italics, underlined, in red.....in the most enormous font possible. 

What QB is successful with zero threat of a running game? That is rare indeed. 

I can only think of 3 didn't really have running games that were somewhat successful. Marino, Moon and Brady to a degree.

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Wrong, the majority of posters predicted 2018 to be exactly what you seen! Find someone else to get mad at!

Hmmm.  I remember an awful lot of 10-6 and legit playoffs posts.  A lot more than 6-10.  With the 6-10 posters getting labeled negative nancy's etc.

3 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Well if the current regime fails that means the team won't be successful and the people that are not H U G E McD fans would be right about him. No! 

Why do you not want success!

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

Hmmm.  I remember an awful lot of 10-6 and legit playoffs posts.  A lot more than 6-10.  With the 6-10 posters getting labeled negative nancy's etc.

Nope, your wrong, most predicted 5 - 11 or 6 - 10; no one expected playoffs!

Nope, your wrong, most predicted 5 - 11 or 6 - 10; no one expected playoffs!

We have many drama queens that love being angry and b******* everyday on this board; even if we produce a winner the same bunch will find something to complain about! Pick a category - coaching, defense, offense, .......

???

Oh I want success unfortunately I don't think there will be a whole lot of success with the current coach. 

14-18 overall record

532 ppg for

726 ppg against

Where is all this success you apparently see that others don't?  

Just now, pop gun said:

???

Oh I want success unfortunately I don't think there will be a whole lot of success with the current coach. 

14-18 overall record

532 ppg for

726 ppg against

REBUILD why so hard to understand!!!!! Come on dude!

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I just want to know when Allen is supposed to get better...

We only gave EJ Manuel 10 games his rookie year, then 4 into his next before we benched him... and EJ finished those 10 games with a 4 - 6 record, 58.8% completions, 1,972 yards and 11 passing TD's to 9 INT's.

Allen has a 4 - 6 record (same), 51.7% completions (significantly worse), 1,850 yards (worse) and 7 passing TD's (worse) to 9 INT's (same). So do we give Allen 1 more game this year, and the first 3 of next season before we settle on his benching? 

I mean people HATED EJ by that 2nd season, so how long before Allen gets called out for being the exact same player he's always been since college? Improve? Not even close... he's exactly the damn same! When we're playing the weakest teams the past several weeks it's fun to watch him look decent, running around like a RB... but against good teams he plays just as poorly as he always has in college the past few years against good teams!

But I don't know why I'm even trying to explain this... these same board members are the ones who claimed:

1. We should easily make the playoffs again since we did it last year, and we now have a better QB

2. The O-line improved by subtraction...(seriously, wtf argument was that?!)

3. The we didn't have the worst QB group in the league with only 4 games started between 3 guys 

4. That our WR corps anchored by KB was a solid starting unit

5. Allen is better than Mahomes

6. LeSean McCoy has many good years left ahead of him

7. Accuracy isn't important and "doesn't really matter"

It could go on and on, but these brilliant assessments have driven me nuts since the off season, and looking ahead it'll likely get even worse. The one thing I know for a fact is that if we want Allen to succeed, we DO NOT draft any defensive player with our first pick.

Our unit is ranked #1 overall, so perhaps work on improving the 30th-32nd ranked offense instead. 

He is supposed to get better on the same trajectory as when he was drafted

- He is very raw

- He played in a lower conference of Div 1 football and so there is an adjustment

- He plays with CRAP.....crap running game.....crap protection.....crap he is throwing to

Is he SUPPOSED to be playing good this year?

Yet DESPITE all of that.....he is the best offensive player we put on the field at any position......so yes you could make a case that he is playing better NOW......but you could also say that it makes sense he will play better when the talent around him is better

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, vorpma said:

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

???

14-18 overall record

532 ppg for

726 ppg against

Try soccer!

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

So it's a belief you hold instead of cold hard results. 

My belief is McD won't be much better next year than he was this year.

Nobody purposely rebuilds in the NFL because it doesn't work. 

Edited by pop gun
  • Like (+1) 1

???

14-18 overall record

532 ppg for

726 ppg against

Patience grasshopper. 

Just now, pop gun said:

And your belief is "cold hard facts?"

Nobody rebuilds in the NFL - OK, you have no credibility with me and I no longer will respond as you don't have a clue!

Just now, vorpma said:

And your belief is "cold hard facts?"

Here i'll go slower for you

14   -   18   r e c o r d

5 3 2  p p g f o r

7 2 6 p p g a g a i n s t

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Most of the people who looked at this year's - and next year's - roster spending realize that 2018 is very intentionally a rebuilding year.

Those who have not grasped this before aren't going to grasp this now because we've added yet another thread.  

doing a rebuild on purpose doesn't work in the nfl, show me where it has.

Try to open a book and research the the Steeler's and Dolphins of the 70's, Bills and Cowboys of the 80's, Patriots of the 90's .... you won't get it!

5 3 2  p p g f o r

Guys like pop gun MFed Jimmy Johnson when rebuilding the Steeler's, Dolphins, Bills, Cowboys; do you think the good fairy just drops a SB contender on a city?

Try to open a book and research the the Steeler's and Dolphins of the 70's, Bills and Cowboys of the 80's, Patriots of the 90's .... you won't get it!

Guys like pop gun MFed Jimmy Johnson when rebuilding the Steeler's, Dolphins, Bills, Cowboys; do you think the good fairy just drops a SB contender on a city?

Let me clarify the last post because I am sure it confused you - Jimmy Johnson rebuild a failing distraught franchise the Cowboys; try and do a little research dude!

Theres no guarantee in claiming a past success will repeat for a team we cheer for

there is some hope, and it relies heavily on big improvement at basically every position on O

6 minutes ago, pop gun said:

5 3 2  p p g f o r

BFD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Theres no guarantee in claiming a past success will repeat for a team we cheer for

there is some hope, and it relies heavily on big improvement at basically every position on O

The only thing in life that is certain are taxes and death; come on!

BFD REBUILD REBUILD REBUILD

The only thing in life that is certain are taxes and death; come on!

I can form some non-binding theories about teams I cheer for, with a correlation to utter doom. :D

• Like (+1) 1