Leslie Frazier has never been a good DC

Billever76

I don’t disagree and I won’t try to. When the games get to crunch time, he just doesn’t believe in pressuring the QB. This is a key reason why the Bills defense is below average in scoring D. They’ll never really be an elite D like the Ravens if Frazier is the DC. Bad news is, he probably stays. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Frazier is a better DC than Daboll is an OC. Change my mind. 

Absolutely correct..4th stint as an NFL offensive coordinator and he has a #20 ranked offense as his best ever with multiple dead last #32 ranked offense and this year's #31 ranked offense..it looks to me we have the same problem we always have!..cheap retread loser coordinators and a rookie HC whom was looking for his shot...what do they all have in common?.. obviously they come cheap bc they are either unproven or proven to be nothing more than mediocre...start by changing that if we ever want to be relevant

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Werent they’re top 5 before yesterday?

of all the issues with this team, people pick Frazier to criticize? Weird.

I heard the Bills' defensive players talking about the Patriots took advantage of Ramon Humber's intimate knowledge of the schemes and any potential adjusments in the run game.

You add in Matt Milano and Taron Johnson missing from the lineup with Corey Thompson making mistakes you have a bad result.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I heard the Bills' defensive players talking about the Pattiots took advantage of Ramon Humber's intimate knowledge of the schemes and any potential adjusments in the run game.

You add in Matt Milano and Taron Johnson missing from the lineup with Corey Thompson making mistakes you have a bad result.

Yeah and he shut down Brady.  Personally, I’m be more mad at our big free agents, like our run stuffer, than Frazier.  This is misguided.  

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Top 5 in ypg..delve deeper..turnovers? #26....sacks?..#26...ppg not sure but def towards the bottom half of the league!!..also Frazier's whole bend but don't break defense relys on 2 things to be successful one being a consistent pass rush using only your 4 dlinemen...and an offense that can control the clock and put up points...we have neither of those!!!.. FRAZIER is a piss poor fit for our talent 

Edited by Billever76

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

....the #1 or #2 ranking based on yards is misleading.....gashed for 273 on the ground yesterday, the third or fourth time given up >200 yards......point differential is -130....there are other coaching priorities to be addressed first.....putting aside the 5-10 record because that is more on the dynamic duo of McClappy & Dabumble's offensive (HIGHLY) prowess.....would like to see Frazier be more aggressive along with the late, great Jim Johnson's disciple....as much as I hate the guy and don't even want to spew his name, Airhorn Greggy's Browns' D is "get after it"......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

Need a offense to take the pressure off that would help tons.

See where I mentioned that above?..Frazier's defense needs 2 things to be successful..1 being a Khali Mack type dlineman and an offense that can control the clock resulting in long drives and ending in points..it's a bend but don't break defense relying on allowing opposing offenses to take the underneath stuff and eating up allot of time and then tightening up and forcing punts or long field goal attempts..it's never gonna be elite in stats that matter bc it's an outdated philosophy...ppg,sacks,turnovers and 3 and outs will always be low 20's ranking with this retread cover 2 from the lovie Smith Tony Dungy tree....it's time has come and gone

I disagree. Here's what he's had to work with:

- the good: 3 good-to-excellent DBs who've been healthy pretty much all season; an undersized 2nd year playmaker OLB in Milano; an apparently ageless OLB in Alexander, having a very good season; a 2nd-tier edge rusher in Jerry Hughes, having a fine season; Shaq Lawson looking kind of average-ish (rather than bust-ish) this year, but not emerging as any kind of playmaker; an overpaid at best average-ish big body in Star

- the bad: a 35 year old Kyle Williams as your best interior DL; promising but not fully effective (yet?) interior DL men in the two Phillipses; a 19/20 year old athletic phenom stuck into a key role at MLB from Day 1 based on what is obviously the HC's decision; no other pass rusher of note other than Hughes; no other "keeper" talent at LB; a patchwork (due to injury and/or lack of talent) at the other CB and nickel back; most of all, an offense that was so ineffective most of the season that the D is on the field (in bad field position) way more than they should be

Edited by The Frankish Reich