Leslie Frazier has never been a good DC

Billever76

7 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Top 5 in ypg..delve deeper..turnovers? #26....sacks?..#26...ppg not sure but def towards the bottom half of the league!!..also Frazier's whole bend but don't break defense relys on 2 things to be successful one being a consistent pass rush using only your 4 dlinemen...and an offense that can control the clock and put up points...we have neither of those!!!.. FRAZIER is a piss poor fit for our talent 

Or maybe Hughes, Star, or Murphy need to earn their money.  

They were a top 5 defense while carrying the second worst offense in the nfl.  This is such a weird thing to be mad about.  Our defense is the only reason we aren’t in contention for the number 1 overall pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....the #1 or #2 ranking based on yards is misleading.....gashed for 273 on the ground yesterday, the third or fourth time given up >200 yards......point differential is -130....there are other coaching priorities to be addressed first.....putting aside the 5-10 record because that is more on the dynamic duo of McClappy & Dabumble's offensive (HIGHLY) prowess.....would like to see Frazier be more aggressive along with the late, great Jim Johnson's disciple....as much as I hate the guy and don;t even want to sew his name, Airhorn Greggy's Browns' D is "get after it"......

At least someone sees the issue...it's alarming bc most fans think fix the offense just a little bit and we are contenders..I disagree.....crunch time Frazier's defenses fold up like a broken lawn chair

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What ever happened to Harrison Phillips? How is it that we need a defensive tackle when we just paid a guy 10 mil and drafted one in the 3rd round? Should be good to go at the position.

I think Phillips is a little small for a DT and hit the rookie wall.  He is a solid rotational guy who don’t ever seen as a starter.  Could be very solid though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Spiderweb said:

Don't be so enmored with total yards. Look at how bad the D is in the Red Zone. Points, that's what wins games.

Yes, and when there is an offense that scores them, then we'll win some games.

There is a reason Frazier has been relieved of his play calling duties midgame 3 other times in addition to the chargers game this year....HE flat out doesn't know how to adjust..and adjustments in today's NFL = getting after the QB!!!!...our defense doesn't strike fear in any QBs head..we let a rookie QB coming off a 5 game injury look the best he did all year..we logged 0 sacks,0 hits and only one QB hurry the whole game... Frazier needs to go..we need an attacking defense the likes of petine and what Schwartz ran with our personal

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Care to compare the quality of players on both sides of the line?

Exactly..given what Daboll has to work with he is severely behind the likes of what Frazier has!!!!

12 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What ever happened to Harrison Phillips? How is it that we need a defensive tackle when we just paid a guy 10 mil and drafted one in the 3rd round? Should be good to go at the position.

He is an average DT, but a very smart player who occasionally makes some clutch plays. He has no business being a starter though.

Edited by NewDayBills

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah and he shut down Brady.  Personally, I’m be more mad at our big free agents, like our run stuffer, than Frazier.  This is misguided.  

Shutting down Brady whilst giving up 270+ yards rushing isn't a good accomplishment in any way, shape or form.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

You’re right.  The coordinators has no input on that.  Now let’s examine their career resumes.  Who has a better one?

Daboll oversees the 31st ranked offense and has been bottom 5 for basically his whole career. Frazier had a top 5 defense, been a very solid DC which helped him become a head coach.  Yeah, it’s weird to criticize him over Daboll.

McDermott wanted guys like Star and Trent Murphy.  During the game he also made calls for the defensive line to drop back into pass protection instead of being aggressive.  McDermott is clueless on assessing talent levels.  When we needed offensive linemen Sean went defensive.  To the tune of our limited salary cap pushing it to thirty million and lowering our cap to ten million.  You know pretty soon he’s going to run out of scapegoats like his mentors. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Phillips is a little small for a DT and hit the rookie wall.  He is a solid rotational guy who don’t ever seen as a starter.  Could be very solid though.

..."hit the rookie wall"?......could be the Oxymoron of the Year........then again, the "TBD Doctrine of Critical Analysis" CLEARLY defines a five game body of work at the NFL level as a "career"......

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

There is a reason Frazier has been relieved of his play calling duties midgame 3 other times in addition to the chargers game this year....HE flat out doesn't know how to adjust..and adjustments in today's NFL = getting after the QB!!!!...our defense doesn't strike fear in any QBs head..we let a rookie QB coming off a 5 game injury look the best he did all year..we logged 0 sacks,0 hits and only one QB hurry the whole game... Frazier needs to go..we need an attacking defense the likes of petine and what Schwartz ran with our personal

Exactly..given what Daboll has to work with he is severely behind the likes of what Frazier has!!!!

Dude McDermott doesn’t go after Quarterbacks either and was in danger of termination in Carolina.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Dude McDermott doesn’t go after Quarterbacks either and was in danger of termination in Carolina.  

Where did I say I liked McDermott as a DC?.. McDermott needs to get his hand out of his defensive coordinator cookie jar and focus on making game time decision and clock managment which have been poor in his tenure here....we need an attacking defense!.. schwartz,petine,Wade Phillips,Greg Phillips type of aggressive defense

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GG said:

...sure quality and/or depth is an issue....BUT....how about we stop making these poor, forelorned coaches woeful victims of personnel solely?.....this gaggle of 53 is making $170+ mil/yr and every one except for a handful suck?....isn't the prerequisite for a GOOD coach to have the ability to teach and develop?.......or when they hit a speed bump of adversity, they conveniently run the "white flag of surrender up the pole" crying "ain't my fault"?........

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re right.  The coordinators has no input on that.  Now let’s examine their career resumes.  Who has a better one?

Daboll oversees the 31st ranked offense and has been bottom 5 for basically his whole career. Frazier had a top 5 defense, been a very solid DC which helped him become a head coach.  Yeah, it’s weird to criticize him over Daboll.

It's getting old hearing the TOP 5 defense regurgitated non sense..top 5 in ypg..bottom of the league in stats that matter like PPG, TURNOVERS,SACKS etc

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agree with that assessment. Just pointing out that LAST offseason, we invested 10 mil and a 3rd round pick, yet universally seem to agree DT is an area of need.

I know I need to get with the program, but I'm just not as enthusiastic about this regime as the real fans. Probably just a personal flaw.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There's rightful criticism of a coordinator whose talent laden squad has come up empty when the chips are down.   A top 5 DC rarely gets play calling duties stripped from him.

Daboll's OC experience can only be described as the perfect confluence of landing in spots where the offensive personnel is not NFL worthy.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure quality and/or depth is an issue....BUT....how about we stop making these poor, forelorned coaches woeful victims of personnel solely?.....this gaggle of 53 is making $170+ mil/yr and every one except for a handful suck?....isn't the prerequisite for a GOOD coach to have the ability to teach and develop?.......or when they hit a speed bump of adversity, they conveniently run the "white flag of surrender up the pole" crying "ain't my fault"?........

The markings of a good to great coach is they are flexible in many ways..they may come out with a game plan but they react and adjust to what the opposition is doing and can switch the totality of their plan up and adjust!..to go into a game with a stubborn approach of forcing your game plan to work when it isn't working at all is lazy coaching and totally unprepared 

• Like (+1) 1