Do you or your family save Christmas Cards?

Another Fan

Nope. I stopped sending holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah) cards last year, and we got a whopping 5 this year.

I have saved the last birthday card (and the $50 inside it - his signature gift) my grandfather gave me. He passed away a few weeks later (he was 95), so I was glad I did. 

I put Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthday cards (my birthday is a few days before Christmas) on the fireplace.

Around New Year's the cards from my Dad and Brother go in a big Ziploc bag, which goes into a box, which goes on the top shelf of a closet.

Everyone else gets tossed.

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

(my birthday is a few days before Christmas)

Well, happy belated birthday!

I wish I was two again!  You really should get potty trained by three.  But, they say boys are stubborn!

?Oh, Merry Christmas too.  I take you're out of  the airport and the free flow of yoga pants has dried up...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yes.  Because I haven't received any in five years, so they remind me of when people cared about me, and why I hated it so goddamn much.

That's so sad :(

The mail would never get to you in time, so print this card out and put it on your fireplace.  From me to you

smiffystyle_christmas_card_penguins.jpg

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yes.  Because I haven't received any in five years, so they remind me of when people cared about me, and why I hated it so goddamn much.

I can’t tell if a computer card is to me or to 499 people in a mass campaign

the latter will be three pages of boasting about their life over the year, something worthy of summary execution, unless I specifically asked for this info beforehand

8 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

That's so sad :(

The mail would never get to you in time, so print this card out and put it on your fireplace.  From me to you

smiffystyle_christmas_card_penguins.jpg

Sure, I'll get right on that after I finish listening to Tom Petty's "Christmas All Over Again."

• Haha (+1) 1

I got one card this year.

From the former very cute, single and young but heavy accountant girl for whom I brought the the only housewarming gift for upon the purchase of her first house and subsequent housewarming party.

She is still very cute, a little older and thinner, and now #2, as chief program manager reporting to the GM, in my company which has increased in revenue 10 fold since her hiring (10M to 100M in ten years). I shoulda hit that!

Her card with a photo of her blossoming family went straight to the trash. But it was nice to recieve.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

The only time I save, hell, really the only time I read any sort of card is one with a personal message written to me. I got a ***** ton of wedding cards sent to me. Unless they had something meaningful written in them, they all got tossed right away. I don't even waste my  time reading some sappy poem that as put in there by someone else.