Do you or your family save Christmas Cards?

Another Fan

14 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I know it seems less and less get sent each year.  Typically they get tossed but I know sometimes cards can have special meaning to people.

My grandmother still has one I sent her when I was 5. 

You were probably cute then. You just annoy her now, most likely.   ?

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Maybe 2 dozen, give or take more or less 

The people getting them probably never make the connection that they get their card after they send theirs.  LoL ..

You could play a game of chicken with it....

• Like (+1) 1

If the card is from someone near and dear to me, it gets saved until I de-Christmasize the house.

If it's a card from someone who's not near and dear to me, it get's saved between the time I open it and the time I walk to the garbage can.

56 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Maybe 2 dozen, give or take more or less 

The people getting them probably never make the connection that they get their card after they send theirs.  LoL ..

Not sure if you're as clever as you think. A late card is often obvious.  Sounds more like planned obsolescence on your part. You seriously don't have people you want to send a Xmas card to? But you feel obligated anyway? Perhaps I've misinterpreted your comments, but why bother sending any if you only send when you receive?

With that said, we employ your base strategy on a limited basis. Every year we identify potential drop-offs, one or two at most that we wait until we receive a card before sending and otherwise they get dropped. People we've fallen out of touch with or didn't get a card from the previous year (usually one and the same). 

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... I hate the stragglers that arrive AFTER Christmas, like my Sister's card... LoL .. Makes us look bad.  

It’s not so bad, with the cloaking device postal strike up here you never know when things arrive

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not sure if you're as clever as you think. A late card is often obvious.  Sounds more like planned obsolescence on your part. You seriously don't have people you want to send a Xmas card to? But you feel obligated anyway? Perhaps I've misinterpreted your comments, but why bother sending any if you only send when you receive?

With that said, we employ your base strategy on a limited basis. Every year we identify potential drop-offs, one or two at most that we wait until we receive a card before sending and otherwise they get dropped. People we've fallen out of touch with or didn't get a card from the previous year (usually one and the same). 

Yep!  Exactly.  Just being cordial.  Hopefully, it gets down to zero.

LoL... 

• Like (+1) 1