What’s your definition of a pot head?

Buffalo716

We all have our crosses to bear. My rule is no matter what your vice is. Take care of your business,  be productive  and treat people like you want to be treated . Weed is the least of our problems. Weed doesn't make people lazy, although many lazy people smoke weed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think that’s the definition of brain dead.  I don’t think pot can do that to a human.

You haven’t smoked enough pot. 

When you don’t smoke any for like 3 weeks are you still high? That’s called “Perma-high” it’s a real thing. That’s the definition of a pothead 

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

First...trick question...I rarely purchase plant material.  Usually oils and edibles.

Second, I believe the analogy is apt.  Your contention is that since I use weed every day (even though I don’t “wake and bake”) I am a pot head.  I’m assuming your definition of pot head would be similar to your definition of alcoholic.  Given that I use marijuana daily, but only use a little and at the end of my evening....an individual who drinks a glass of wine or two every night is an alcoholic.  Correct?

Jesus Christ no!  Alcoholism is a defined clinical diagnosis. It’s an addiction that ruins lives. A pothead, in my opinion, is someone who smokes pot everyday. And you don’t have to smoke it to be a pothead. I’m not saying that’s what you’re saying but the edibles can really ***** you up. 

Edited by Chef Jim

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

You haven’t smoked enough pot. 

When you don’t smoke any for like 3 weeks are you still high? That’s called “Perma-high” it’s a real thing. That’s the definition of a pothead 

I'd wager these people weren't the brightest people to begin with. I think the perma high is just a easy out for dumb people who happen to smoke weed as well.

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Jesus Christ no!  Alcoholism is a define clinical diagnosis. It’s an addiction that ruins lives. A pothead, in my opinion, is someone who smokes pot everyday. And you don’t have to smoke it to be a pothead. I’m not saying that’s what you’re saying but the edibles can really ***** too up. 

You high?

30 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'd wager these people weren't the brightest people to begin with. I think the perma high is just a easy out for dumb people who happen to smoke weed as well.

Negative. Very smart individuals. Very successful then in school and now in life 

All you stoners in this thread I am coming for you

this was a sting operation to take down all you hippy plant smokers. I’m a narc

except Royale cus we go back to bbmb 

and hammersticks because we go through the cluster**** called Syracuse basketball. 

I will see you all in the morning. Merry Christmas 

• Haha (+1) 2

Back early 70s before I graduated we would smoke with some friends. Probably didn’t do it more than 10 times.   Never really enjoyed it.  Liked beer much better. Had friends that loved it.  

Some are still pot heads today. 

Never really was a cigarette smoker either. Not sure if that had something to do with it.  

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

When I say someone's a pothead, it's a harmless, non-judgmental term that (to me) means that said person gets high on a daily basis.  It has nothing to do with addiction, as I am a firm believer that one cannot become addicted to marijuana.

I call my son a pedalhead because he likes to buy/use a lot of guitar pedals.

I call @Cripple Creek a dick head because he likes ... ANYWAY ... there's nothing wrong with being a pothead, in my book.

Being called a pothead is very judgmental in my mind and is not complimentary.  MJ may not be physically addictive but in my mind it can be mentally addictive.  I know plenty of people who are easily aggravated when they can't indulge pot when they want to.  Ask yourself if you can face life w/o pot?  I would bet there are quite a number of people who would say no.

If smoking pot gets in the way if ***** you have to do, you’re a pot head and it’s an issue. I feel that way about most substances. Most people I know use it responsibly...some certainly don’t. Exact same scenario with alcohol.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

so a cancer patient who smokes daily for pain is a pothead?

I have no problem with that but that is another outlier in terms of overall numbers of users just like Steve Jobs, Elon Musk.  What about the guy who can't face rush hour traffic with out puffing?  The guy who can't stock shelves without a puff?  

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

All you stoners in this thread I am coming for you

this was a sting operation to take down all you hippy plant smokers. I’m a narc

except Royale cus we go back to bbmb 

and hammersticks because we go through the cluster**** called Syracuse basketball. 

I will see you all in the morning. Merry Christmas 

Come and get me copper!!  It’s legal here in CA. 

Now here’s the weird thing. It’s now been pretty much a full year of legal weed here. I had my staff holiday party yesterday. They were drinking mimosas and bourbon acting silly and smelling like booze. However I didn’t feel comfortable going out to the car to take a toke, act silly and smell like weed. 

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

so a cancer patient who smokes daily for pain is a pothead?

Apples and cement bricks. Couldn’t be a worse analogy.  Are you high. Oh wait....of course you are. 

54 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Come and get me copper!!  It’s legal here in CA. 

Now here’s the weird thing. It’s now been pretty much a full year of legal weed here. I had my staff holiday party yesterday. They were drinking mimosas and bourbon acting silly and smelling like booze. However I didn’t feel comfortable going out to the car to take a toke, act silly and smell like weed. 

Apples and cement bricks. Couldn’t be a worse analogy.  Are you high. Oh wait....of course you are. 

Would they mind if u did? Reeking like weed isn’t usually why people are paranoid 

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Would they mind if u did? Reeking like weed isn’t usually why people are paranoid 

Well as the Regional VP not sure how they'd react.  I think most of them know I partake because I'm pretty open about it seeing I don't drink.  It still has a stigma attached even though it's just as legal as booze.  Just not socially accepted yet. 

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well as the Regional VP not sure how they'd react.  I think most of them know I partake because I'm pretty open about it seeing I don't drink.  It still has a stigma attached even though it's just as legal as booze.  Just not socially accepted yet. 

And i meant to say reeking like weed does cause paranoia for some