What’s your definition of a pot head?

Buffalo716

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

A pot head is someone who structures his day around doing nothing more than lighting up.

I used to be addicted to smoking regular cigarettes, and after a while I realized that the simple act of smoking was often at the core of my day (aside from working).   That's when I realized I needed to quit and did so.

I smoked about a pack a day.  Not a ton compared to some, but still enough to making "smoking a cigarette" the central focus of my down time...just sitting around smoking every 30 minutes or so.  

Soooo....one might say that you used to be a “butthead?”  I’ll show myself out.

I got into an argument with a lady once who claimed that "People who smoke pot are all lazy and unmotivated." The thing is, pot is illegal, at least at the time. Whether or not it should be is irrelevant. So anybody she knows who smokes pot responsibly, knows not to talk about it openly. One of my best friends has a wife, three kids, full time job, active member of his church. The embodiment of the traditional family man. You'd have no idea that he smokes pot, becuase he knows of the taboo that surrounds it. This lady actually knew my friend. I wasn't gonna out him of course.

Alcohol is different because it's socially acceptable. While alcoholism isn't, nobody is gonna even flinch at the idea of having a beer or two, or some wine at the end of the day. So there's no reason for people to hide non abusive alcohol use. 

So the people this lady knew smoked pot were the irresponsible ones. The ones that didn't care what people thought, and made it known that they were "stoners." While pot isn't addictive in the traditional sense, I've definitely seen people who abuse it and allow it to take over their life, just as any substance can. I'd say that's the sign of a pothead. Using it to the point of abuse, which looks different for every person.