Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Charles Clay, Chris Ivory, and Ray Ray McCloud Out

26CornerBlitz

As much as I've liked Josh's progress over the last month, I think we're in for a rough go on Sunday.

Not because of the Belichick thing, but because NE can cover and rush the passer, and they have my boy Elandon Roberts, who can QB spy like nobody's business. His effort against Keenan Reynolds in the Houston-Navy game as a senior remains the single best performance I've ever scouted from a LB in the spy role.

The makeup of their D is a tough matchup for our team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As much as I've liked Josh's progress over the last month, I think we're in for a rough go on Sunday.

Not because of the Belichick thing, but because NE can cover and rush the passer, and they have my boy Elandon Roberts, who can QB spy like nobody's business. His effort against Keenan Reynolds in the Houston-Navy game as a senior remains the single best performance I've ever scouted from a LB in the spy role.

I agree with you.  People should not read to much into this game if we get stomped by something like 27 - 10.  The Pats are a team that is old and on a downhill slide but they still are dangerous and have everything to play for.  The fact that NE has not lost to a rookie QB since 2001 is all you need to know here.  And I suspect that playing at home in a crucial game will bring out a last great effort by NE.  Throw in that the Bills are depleted due to injury and you have a perfect storm for a Pat's blowout victory.

Now I hope I'm wrong but we'll need to wait until next year before we beat these suckers and see a true changing of the guard in the AFC East. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well .... since there's a blueprint out there on how to beat Josh Allen, we might as well just close this thread and get ready for Miami.

i've read the 17 year blueprint on Brady,

just put pressure on him

rush him

blitz him

he will crumble...

okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....................

Just now, row_33 said:

i've read the 17 year blueprint on Brady,

just put pressure on him

rush him

blitz him

he will crumble...

okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....................

Seriously.  The "blueprint" for Allen is, "keep him in the pocket and don't let him run."  People get paid to write that crap.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Seriously.  The "blueprint" for Allen is, "keep him in the pocket and don't let him run."  People get paid to write that crap.

you should see expert reports i have to critique, that charged $2,500,000 to a client.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

The Bills might be prepared, though, and here's why. Patricia did the ol' Belichick thing last week, playing shallow zone all day with his mid-level defenders to prevent Allen runs. It worked, and in impressive fashion. There were no run lanes for Allen, and the Bills' offense was somewhat anemic overall. It was a good lesson for Allen, and he may well be more prepared this week. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No, the blueprint regarding his run ability was created last week, and it was having coverage LBs and dime defenders playing shallow zone 7-10 yards off the LOS. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills might be prepared, though, and here's why. Patricia did the ol' Belichick thing last week, playing shallow zone all day with his mid-level defenders to prevent Allen runs. It worked, and in impressive fashion. There were no run lanes for Allen, and the Bills' offense was somewhat anemic overall. It was a good lesson for Allen, and he may well be more prepared this week. 

No, the blueprint regarding his run ability was created last week, and it was having coverage LBs and dime defenders playing shallow zone 7-10 yards off the LOS. 

Yep.  They dared him to throw downfield and he did.  And with a flag-happy officiating crew we'll have, maybe we can get some big gains on PI calls like every other team in the league does each week.

Plus, against the Lions, we had 312 yards of offense.  I'd like to call that efficient; not anemic.  :D

Just now, Gugny said:

Yep.  They dared him to throw downfield and he did.  And with a flag-happy officiating crew we'll have, maybe we can get some big gains on PI calls like every other team in the league does each week.

Plus, against the Lions, we had 312 yards of offense.  I'd like to call that efficient; not anemic.  :D

312 yds per game would put the Bills at ... 29th in the league.  Better than 31st, I know, but my god, are we fans that beaten down to think that 312 yds at home against the freaking Lions (who let up 346 yds per game on average) is "efficient"?

Just now, dave mcbride said:

312 yds per game would put the Bills at ... 29th in the league.  Better than 31st, I know, but my god, are we fans that beaten down to think that 312 yds at home against the freaking Lions (who let up 346 yds per game on average) is "efficient"?

It was tongue in cheek ... kind of.  312 yards with a rookie QB, a crap line, a 3rd string RB and a bunch of crap receivers .... I think coming in 34 yards under average in a win quite an accomplishment.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was tongue in cheek ... kind of.  312 yards with a rookie QB, a crap line, a 3rd string RB and a bunch of crap receivers .... I think coming in 34 yards under average in a win quite an accomplishment.

I actually kind of agree. They overperformed relative to the talent last week. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

they won

the key was the Lions kicker choking away the winning FG

thank you!

Scouting the Matchup: Pats Look to Bounce Back Against Bills

WHEN THE PATRIOTS RUN

Advantage: Bills

WHEN THE PATRIOTS PASS

Advantage: Patriots

WHEN THE BILLS RUN

WHEN THE BILLS PASS