Any “unique” sandwich ingredient combinations?

NoHuddleKelly12

Have you ever been made fun of for a sandwich you’ve created because the ingredient combinations don’t make sense at first glance? 

I’ve got several, which is why I ask...butter, peanut butter and honey was my first creation as a youngster, and I graduated to mayo, cheese & salsa (nuke it to melt the cheese, yum!!). There are more, but I want to hear from you! Needless to say my wife who is very anti-normal sandwiches, is constantly amazed at my creations, and not in a good way. I say don’t knock it till you’ve tried it ?

As a kid, I ate bologna-and-jelly sandwiches. I don't know what compelled me to make one in the first place, but for some reason I liked the combo. I probably stopped eating them when I decided against a life of celibacy. (Either that or I just realized that they're gross and I was only eating them because it raised eyebrows.)

Today, I like PB&Js, and if we have a bag of tortilla chips that are down to the crumbs, I'll sprinkle in a layer of those. They add a nice texture, and the saltiness enhances the flavor of the PB while it complements the sweetness of the jam. My wife thinks it's a little weird, but so far, so good in the no-celibacy department. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Peanut butter and cheese

Fried bologna with tomato, lettuce, mayo, and mustard 

Avocado with guacamole (think about that for a minute)

The first one sounds off, even by my out there standards, but I’m not judging. #2 sounds great! 

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

As a kid, I ate bologna-and-jelly sandwiches. I don't know what compelled me to make one in the first place, but for some reason I liked the combo. I probably stopped eating them when I decided against a life of celibacy. (Either that or I just realized that they're gross and I was only eating them because it raised eyebrows.)

Today, I like PB&Js, and if we have a bag of tortilla chips that are down to the crumbs, I'll sprinkle in a layer of those. They add a nice texture, and the saltiness enhances the flavor of the PB while it complements the sweetness of the jam. My wife thinks it's a little weird, but so far, so good in the no-celibacy department. ?

Chips in sandwiches period is a can’t miss, esp. Doritos

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

Avocado with guacamole (think about that for a minute)

A standard recipe from the Department of Redundancy Department.

Here's one of my favorites: Avocado on whole wheat toast with a slice of cheese, topped with Sriracha mayo. When they're in season, throw on a slice of garden-fresh beefsteak tomato.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Chips in a sandwich is pretty common.  Putting the chip crumbs in a sandwich is genius!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PRBills said:

Not unique, but people usually look at me sideways when i eat toasted tomato sandwiches...

Sliced tomato, salt, pepper & mayo on toast... Mmm

I eat tomatoes in season by themselves . Love em

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Have you ever been made fun of for a sandwich you’ve created because the ingredient combinations don’t make sense at first glance? 

I’ve got several, which is why I ask...butter, peanut butter and honey was my first creation as a youngster, and I graduated to mayo, cheese & salsa (nuke it to melt the cheese, yum!!). There are more, but I want to hear from you! Needless to say my wife who is very anti-normal sandwiches, is constantly amazed at my creations, and not in a good way. I say don’t knock it till you’ve tried it ?

.......The “Maroney Bologna” sandwich ......now old, moldy and stale......