The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Report: Trump can build wall without declaring emergency. 

“A new report by the CRS not only suggests that the president could obtain funding for his wall by declaring an emergency or by using other existing statutory authority, it provides a virtual road map.” The CRS, otherwise known as the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service.

And after all the scaremongering talk about an emergency, any other way he does it will look reasonable by comparison.

Related: Shock poll: Democratic swing districts back wall, Trump immigration offer.

Also: Poll: Trump voters will mutiny if the wall isn’t built, faces 43 percent drop in support.

Gee, I wonder what he will do?

Well, for those asking why President Trump didn't get wall funding while they had the House, this interview confirms what many suspected: Paul Ryan is an #######.  It also seems that with what happened to him from his "own side" the chance that he will trust Nancy and Chuckie is about zero (or below): 

<snip>

President Donald Trump says former House Speaker Paul Ryan promised to secure wall funding while Republicans controlled both Houses in exchange for the president’s signature on the 2018 omnibus spending bill.

But after the president signed the massive, $1.3 trillion spending package, Ryan reneged on his commitment.

“Well, I was going to veto the omnibus bill and Paul told me in the strongest of language, ‘Please don’t do that, we’ll get you the wall.’ And I said, ‘I hope you mean that, because I don’t like this bill,’” the president recounted in an exclusive Wednesday interview with The Daily Caller.

</snip>

Link to full article

• Like (+1) 2

Pelosi is a very worthy leader for her view, she wants to get things done, and a negotiation with Trump, another one who wants to get things done, is most welcome to solve things.

There is give and take and small battles and larger concerns.

I don't agree with practically any or her views but admire her ability to get things done, it's rare in this world

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, for those asking why President Trump didn't get wall funding while they had the House, this interview confirms what many suspected: Paul Ryan is an #######.  It also seems that with what happened to him from his "own side" the chance that he will trust Nancy and Chuckie is about zero (or below): 

<snip>

President Donald Trump says former House Speaker Paul Ryan promised to secure wall funding while Republicans controlled both Houses in exchange for the president’s signature on the 2018 omnibus spending bill.

But after the president signed the massive, $1.3 trillion spending package, Ryan reneged on his commitment.

“Well, I was going to veto the omnibus bill and Paul told me in the strongest of language, ‘Please don’t do that, we’ll get you the wall.’ And I said, ‘I hope you mean that, because I don’t like this bill,’” the president recounted in an exclusive Wednesday interview with The Daily Caller.

</snip>

Link to full article

of course, Trump is never at fault, never has a weakness, never ever never!!!!!!

Trump is very open about his strategies..never admit fault, never admit to anything, they hit, you hit back harder....yall all smart enough to know that. It works for him, The problem is when things like the above may be true, one cannot believe Trump,  it is his stated strategy to always blame someone else.

Now for this gem at the SOTU

Edited by plenzmd1

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's awesome.  Complaining simultaneously that Trump illegally hires and fires illegal aliens.

Think the funny thing obviously is that Trump says that illegal immigration is a national emergency, and yet none of his businesses employ E-Verify..and if you read the stories knowingly employed illegal immigrants. 

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

If the lady is an undocumented immigrant, then she isnt a constituent no?

I thought the same thing LOL

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Think the funny thing obviously is that Trump says that illegal immigration is a national emergency, and yet none of his businesses employ E-Verify..and if you read the stories knowingly employed illegal immigrants. 

Because E-Verify is still relatively new, is not mandated (Obama tried to get its use mandated, and failed), and several states absolutely forbid its use.  And it's notoriously unreliable, in no small part because it relies on an immigration system that's unreliable (I know one story where a naturalized citizen was denied work because after he received his Certificate of Naturalization from USCIS, the State Department failed to inform ICE that he was naturalized, so DHS denied the I-9.  How *****-up a bureaucracy is that, that the State Department has to notify DHS of what another DHS branch is doing?)

This story is not nearly as black-and-white as reports make it out to be.

• Like (+1) 1