McDermott Throws Shade at Crossman: “We’re Not A Very Good Special Teams Unit Now”

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

With Philip Rivers and a cast of pretty good players. But don’t let that cloud your little narrative 

The 2016 Chargers went a craptastic 5-11. That was the year prior to Lynn become the coach.

And for the record, Rivers and Gordon were on that team that went 5-11. Maybe you should do some research before spouting off. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Idandria said:

The 2016 Chargers went a craptastic 5-11. That was the year prior to Lynn become the coach.

And for the record, Rivers and Gordon were on that team that went 5-11. Maybe you should do some research before spouting off. 

I think you’re a bit comprehension challenged. My point is that if Lynn were here, results may not have been the same. Ya dig?

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think you’re a bit comprehension challenged. My point is that if Lynn were here, results may not have been the same. Ya dig?

My point was that Crossman was a holdover from Rex’s regime, and he sucks. It would have been nicer to retain the one good coach on Rexs staff: Lynn. We kept the wrong coach. 

1 minute ago, Idandria said:

My point was that Crossman was a holdover from Rex’s regime, and he sucks. It would have been nicer to retain the one good coach on Rexs staff: Lynn. We kept the wrong coach. 

Lynn wasn’t gonna stay as OC. Crossman should have gone, yes. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Idandria said:

Yet Anthony Lynn was run outta town.

did I  mention his Chargers are 10-3. 

Yea, 10-3. Let that sink in. 

....where the hell did I say anything negative about Lynn?.......he was also smart enough to keep Whisenhunt as his OC who worked extremely well with Rivers during his first trip through SD.....ditto for Gus Bradley as DC......both of these guys stumbled in their first HC gigs but are formidable coordinators..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just like with Kelvin Benjamin, McDermott's epiphany is many weeks too late.  Each week, I grow more concerned about his ability to be an NFL head coach.

You know I disagree about McDermott but I will grant you he’s sometimes too slow in axing poor performers.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Just like with Kelvin Benjamin, McDermott's epiphany is many weeks too late.  Each week, I grow more concerned about his ability to be an NFL head coach.

I really can't fault a guy for giving his coaches and players extra time to turn it around.  I thought he pulled the plug too early on Big Stuff and Watkins.

7 hours ago, Idandria said:

Yet Anthony Lynn was run outta town.

did I  mention his Chargers are 10-3. 

Yea, 10-3. Let that sink in. 

The Chargers have so much talent that Jauron could get that team to that record. I would be more impressed with Lynn if he took the Bengals to the playoffs.