For the trade down club.....

Best player available that suits our needs.

Wish we had more 2nd rounders this draft.

Expect McBeane will take a balanced approach, I'm confident they have the foresight to look beyond 2019.

Call me a kool-aid drinking homer but I'll root for whoever pulls on a Bills helmet.

Edited by Ned Kelly
Dumb post
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ned Kelly said:

Best player available that suits our needs.

I wish we had more 2nd rounders this draft.

I expect McBeane will take a balanced approach, I'm confident they have the foresight to look beyond 2019.

Call me a kool-aid drinking homer but I'll root for whoever pulls on a Bills helmet.

Me too. I just feel the odds point to BPA being DL, but im open to whatever wins more games ultimately. More picks is great too, but I don't see this draft having the QB prospects to make that scenario likely.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Be pretty nice to have one of those killer pass rushers coming out right about now eh???

It is as pressing a need as any on offense. Our two best pass rushers will be 36 and 31 going into next season, Shaq is playig well but is a limited rusher, Trent Murphy will likely be cut and is constantly hurt.

• Like (+1) 2

I know most will disagree but I think our defense is good enough as is right now. There are no elite defenses left in the NFL. I still think we should go all out on offense next year. Trade down, grab a bunch of pass catchers and linemen. Do the same thing in free agency with our immense amount of available cap space. A stud pass rusher would be nice but that's more a luxury than a necessity in the modern NFL.

19 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Me too. I just feel the odds point to BPA being DL, but im open to whatever wins more games ultimately. More picks is great too, but I don't see this draft having the QB prospects to make that scenario likely.

I agree, and we won't be missing out anything. 

So much value in rounds 2-4 to fill our needs at wr, c, it, cb.

I'll leave it to the powers that McB.

Edited by Ned Kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is as pressing a need as any on offense. Our two best pass rushers will be 36 and 31 going into next season, Shaq is playig well but is a limited rusher, Trent Murphy will likely be cut and is constantly hurt.

Good point. 

Kyle is going to need to be replaced also.

HappyDays.

If they went all offense in this draft I feel we'd be in the same position in 2-3 years time only on the other side of the ball.

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

A stud pass rusher would be nice but that's more a luxury than a necessity in the modern NFL.

Hmmm. Even the best offensive teams have one. If Hughes and Zo were 3 years younger I'd say not a need. But imagine how toothless this defense looks if they both hit the wall next year (and it is quite likely). 

They need a young pass rusher in the first 3 rounds for me and it has to be a guy who can be explosive either off the edge or from the middle of the defense, even if he is raw in other areas that need development.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmmm. Even the best offensive teams have one. If Hughes and Zo were 3 years younger I'd say not a need. But imagine how toothless this defense looks if they both hit the wall next year (and it is quite likely). 

They need a young pass rusher in the first 3 rounds for me and it has to be a guy who can be explosive either off the edge or from the middle of the defense, even if he is raw in other areas that need development.

Pass rusher is a need, it's just not going to improve us enough to make a difference next year. Allen doesn't have perfect ball placement and likely never will. I want receivers that have a big catch radius, or just consistently catching passes that hit their hands would be a start. Same goes for a tight end. Where we'll be picking BPA will probably be defense so I would trade down if at all possible. Overall we have drafted well the past 2 years. I'd rather fill 4 holes on day 1 and 2 than fill 3 holes with our first pick being Greedy Williams.

5 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yeah bro he is one of a few solid free agent options

What are your (you and Ryan) expectations of James, if we sign him?  

I live in the thick of Steeler country, have friends that know him from his days at South Allegheny high school, and watch them play every Sunday.  Not to disappoint. but if you're looking for a true #1 TE it's not James.  He's a complimentary player in a great offense, who has been phased out since the end of last season for the likes of Vance McDonald.

Again, depends what the team is looking for from their TEs, but knowing Dabolls background, I think they look for a better option

I’m all about BPA this year.  We can certainly use any of the following with our first pick:  

Pass Rush

Corner opposite Tre

Offenive Lineman

True #1 WR

There will certainly be an elite prospect at one of those positions when we pick.  Personally I think it will be pass rush or a WR.  

Im also very on board with a trade down though if there are several guys they like and grade out close and feel they can get one and still pickup some extra picks.  If we trade down, I would prefer to stay in top 15 if we can and pick up at least another 2nd or more depending how far we moved.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m all about BPA this year.  We can certainly use any of the following with our first pick:  

Pass Rush

Corner opposite Tre

Offenive Lineman

True #1 WR

There will certainly be an elite prospect at one of those positions when we pick.  Personally I think it will be pass rush or a WR.  

Im also very on board with a trade down though if there are several guys they like and grade out close and feel they can get one and still pickup some extra picks.  If we trade down, I would prefer to stay in top 15 if we can and pick up at least another 2nd or more depending how far we moved.

I think we should trade down....maybe even twice.

A offensive linemen or a wide receiver that can help us is going to fall........pass rush....protection....running back....tight end.....corner depth.....all needed

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Is it really as pressing of a need?

I am not so sure Gunner......our offense is actually quite horrible.....where as our defense is servicable.

Could it use some more players?    Sure but I dont know if those players should come at the top of the draft.  I am actually hoping the draft is strong on defense early....pushing offensive players down to us and allowing u to trade down to get more high picks on offense.

We do need more pass rush......

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

our defense was terrible today.   no pass rush AT ALL.  They are old, and it showed.  

Darnold had ALL DAY 

Flip side, they often sent the house at Josh, and I think it was a good learning experience for him.