Bills vs. Dolphins All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

To me this is the difference between the pick when KB ran this route and the catch by Foster (not identical routes, but close)

Foster - so fast he pulls away and the CB can not undercut the route.  JA puts the throw on the money and the corner has no chance.

KB - so slow the CB is 1-2 steps behind, but even with a perfect JA throw - the CB can make up the difference and undercut the route because he is so much faster.

The difference is critical in this league - if you are not fast enough to get away - you had better be physical enough to make catches, but right now KB is neither.

This is 100% something I agree with.  If you know that guy can't get behind you, you have the leverage.  You can keep your eyes in the backfield a little longer, you can undercut the route like you say, jump routes etc....  who cares if it's a double move, you'll close the gap soon enough.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good job having McCoy into help because Sirles got blown by.

57 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's just a nice play.  Well drawn up, well executed.  Beautiful sell job, and Dimarco open because he was schemed and "sold" to be open.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I assume the sun will come up tomorrow, and I assumed a guy in a contract year would at least TRY. 

I know, right?  I understand that veterans, when they decide a team has no chance, will go into "self preservation" mode trying to close the season uninjured and move on.

But KB's play is so egregiously disinterested (and has been all season) that I can't imagine a contending team with a good QB wanting to bring him in.

I could be surprised though!

14 hours ago, TigerJ said:

A cross between Steve Young and Ben Roethlisberger would not be a bad thing.

He's a cross between Favre and Kaep IMO. Dude's a gunslinger that can run. I mean that's 1 less HOF player but whatever.

Favre and Kaep were fun, sometimes frustrating and Favre can have a poor game, shake it off and have late game heroics throwing passes he has no business doing. Allen's fun, sometimes frustrating.. but most importantly fun!

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

I saw this when they showed the replay after the final play. Oh what may have been 

Click the picture to open the whole picture. You will notice there is NO way Allen could have thrown that ball, he was scrambling for his life.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, right?  I understand that veterans, when they decide a team has no chance, will go into "self preservation" mode trying to close the season uninjured and move on.

But KB's play is so egregiously disinterested (and has been all season) that I can't imagine a contending team with a good QB wanting to bring him in.

I suppose the best he can hope for at this point is a one year prove-it deal at the vet minimum. 

Maybe he’s just decided he has all the money he needs already?  I just don’t get it....

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

welp Panthers fans lamented the same thing his last year there, so we pleasantly knocked on the door! 

14 hours ago, Augie said:

Nice dive into the knees there. 

If somehow that ball comes out and is laying there for the taking in the end zone, KB will never know....he’s taking a stroll looking up into the stands, uninterested. Make him inactive. 

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm having trouble finding video quickly, but I feel like Allen's pick on Sunday was in front of KB, who watched the interception and kind of jogged after the defender. Do you not give chase in that scenario?

14 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yup. Even if the vets don't/won't give him a hard time, it's a terrible example for the young guys. There's no way McD is going to ignore how blatant it is.

I was initially a fan of the deal, too. Very disappointed in KB. 

But h e continues to start him though and this has been going on a long long time.

32 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm having trouble finding video quickly, but I feel like Allen's pick on Sunday was in front of KB, who watched the interception and kind of jogged after the defender. Do you not give chase in that scenario?

That’s exactly the way I remember it. He looked even worse because another WR gave serious chase. You know, like....HE TRIED. Shocking, I know! 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He did indeed.  Better throw against MIA yielded more YAC.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw it in game! Just couldn't remember the opponent - thanks for that. Much better throw and placement.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

Rookie quarterback Josh Allen took the team on his back but came up short last Sunday, losing out to the Miami Dolphins 21-17. Allen accounted for 88% of the offensive production but lost in dramatic fashion after an exciting 2-minute final drive situation. It was a great learning experience for the young QB and a series that showed some of Allen's brilliance and some of his pitfalls.

Erik and Nate break down the entire drive in this extended film room session. Enjoy!

Play One Start
1-10-BUF 10 (2:33) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass deep middle to R.Foster to BUF 37 for 27 yards (K.Alonso).

Play Two 9:06
1-10-BUF 37 (2:10) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Allen pass short right to L.McCoy pushed ob at BUF 48 for 11 yards (R.Jones).

Play Three 13:45
1-10-BUF 48 (2:02) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass deep right to I.McKenzie pushed ob at MIA 29 for 23 yards (R.Jones).

Play Four 21:10
1-10-MIA 29 (1:52) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass short right to L.McCoy to MIA 25 for 4 yards (R.Jones).

Play Five 25:51
2-6-MIA 25 (1:27) (No Huddle, Shotgun) PENALTY on BUF-D.Dawkins, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at MIA 25 - No Play. Miami elects to accept 10- second runoff.

Play Six 27:02
2-11-MIA 30 (1:14) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete deep left [D.Godchaux].

Play Eight 33:33
3-11-MIA 30 (1:10) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass deep left to Z.Jones to MIA 6 for 24 yards (M.Fitzpatrick). The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete deep left to Z.Jones (M.Fitzpatrick).

Play Nine 39:14
4-11-MIA 30 (1:05) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete deep right to C.Clay.

Wrap Up 53:04

Few thoughts.

Allen bailed too early on the final play. Three man rush, you want to trust your line a little bit. That said, in not a lot of time he's gotten better at staying in the pocket, so I'm not going to be too hard on him here. I don't blame him for not trusting his line and it's not surprising a rookie reverts to bad habits in pressure situations. 

That throw to Zay for the TD, man that makes me happy.

Even McDermott said KB needs to cut some fat off of his route on the INT. Not surprised he was cut. His routes were sloppy and he never fought for position when the ball was in the air making him an easy cover for defenses.