Bills QB Josh Allen is changing skeptical minds. ---- Brady Quinn apparently prefers potential over results

30 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Are you goofy? And what about the pass KB dropped at the 4 yard line? And the special teams? And the line holding? Allen started out slow and has been excellent since. You are a troll, not a fan.  Whatever you do, don't look at the qb run that was called back, or the TD pass he made. Or the scrambles he made because the line sucks. And how many times he should have been tackled but shrugged it off. If special teams would hold up their end he would probably already scored again. You know very little about football and your hatred of Allen is showing up big time. You want him to do poorly. You are a big time troll who definitely isn't a fan. You are a sad little feller.

Why so angry bro? It is what it is...no need for name calling.

edit...another inaccurate pass to a wide open Zay.

dont hate on me, just see for yourself

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Why so angry bro? It is what it is...no need for name calling.

edit...another inaccurate pass to a wide open Zay

JAClueless. Does he not get credit for the passes he makes? You are the type of dink who will say he has an interception because of the last play at the half. If it weren't for special teams we would be winning. Even though the troll in you doesn't want that. Why so clueless bro?

The one thing he will get better at is learning not having to throw a fastball on every single throw downfield. He saw Jones and gunned it as hard as he could when that pass, with Jones being so wide open, didn’t call for it.

There is a lot to be excited about. He will get better.

2 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

JAClueless. Does he not get credit for the passes he makes? You are the type of dink who will say he has an interception because of the last play at the half. If it weren't for special teams we would be winning. Even though the troll in you doesn't want that. Why so clueless bro?

More name calling...sad that your anger won’t allow you to have a civil conversation...therefore I am bowing out of this little chat...best of luck.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:08 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

My favorite was “he’ll never be Peyton Manning like pre-snap.”

Apparently this guy sees the future. And also sees into Josh Allen’s brain.

Given that there's really only been one Peyton pre-snap, that's not outrageous to say.  There is a reason Peyton is the name you use there.  Peyton also had A LOT of grooming even before the NFL.  Josh doesn't have enough hours in a day to make up that prep time.  Let's not be so touchy.

My concern with Josh is his ability to adjust.  He came into the draft with concerns about completion percentage.  Dilfer makes the point that completion % and accuracy are not the same.  Fair enough.  Since the NFL does not require throws off of a crossbar, Josh's challenge has been and still is throwing the ball in a manner that allows his receivers to catch it.  That is what makes a championship QB.  Josh came into the season knowing this is a problem and it still appears to be a problem.  I think he's more exciting to watch than the previous few QBs, but he'll eventually need to be BETTER than them also, not just exciting.

Edited by familykwi
adding thoughts to original post

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

More name calling...sad that your anger won’t allow you to have a civil conversation...therefore I am bowing out of this little chat...best of luck.

Perfect, seeing as you are clueless about football. Not much to chat about with a troll that doesn't like the Bills.

8 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Given that there's really only been one Peyton pre-snap, that's not outrageous to say.  There is a reason Peyton is the name you use there.  Peyton also had A LOT of grooming even before the NFL.  Josh doesn't have enough hours in a day to make up that prep time.  Let's not be so touchy.

My concern with Josh is his ability to adjust.  He came into the draft with concerns about completion percentage.  Dilfer makes the point that completion % and accuracy are not the same.  Fair enough.  Since the NFL does not require throws off of a crossbar, Josh's challenge has been and still is throwing the ball in a manner that allows his receivers to catch it.  That is what makes a championship QB.  Josh came into the season knowing this is a problem and it still appears to be a problem.  I think he's more exciting to watch than the previous few QBs, but he'll eventually need to be BETTER than them also, not just exciting.

He is a rookie. Mayfield has thrown 3 interceptions in the 1st half against the Texans today. Josh did better than that against them. Why can't you guys wait until there is enough of a body of work to go off of. Didn't Goff and others show you that,?

• Like (+1) 1

He's exactly who we thought he was at the draft: very raw, makes plays with his legs (even better than advertised), but is maddeningly inaccurate with his throws, even one to the next. Last week he was a little more accurate than usual. Today he's having a bad one even for him. Some of these throws to Zay are unbelievable. They kill drives. They take away TDs. I don't know how you move forward with a QB like that unless there's progress with the accuracy, or at least a decrease in the propensity to make bad throws. He's anywhere from 20-40% bad throws depending on the week. I would love to see a study that shows where he ranks all time.

Edited by VW82

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

today is, for me, the first time is can actually see Allen having an NFL future.

He is going to have more than NFL future.  Not only does he have a cannon but he might be the best QB on the move in the entire game.  Give him an off-season and by this time next year, he could be top 5.  With the right moves in the off-season, we could win it all next season.

14 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I don't care. Clay catches that and Allen is carried off the field. 

I'm officially ready to say we're shored up at Quarterback position for many years. Took me a long time to get there.

Few even attempt the throw. Kudos.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 2

This kid is the real deal. Right now I don't think there's a single payer on the Bills who doesn't have have his back or want to go into battle with him. He has heart and talent. Despite the loss today I'm more encouraged by our QB than ever and less encouraged by the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

That was a catchable ball. Right in the hands. 

Yep. And he's GOTTA see how difficult that throw is for JA and be dropping back as soon as he turns around and sees a cross field ball! Very slow to adjust from the TV broadcast angle.