November 4th and still counting (WNY Win Streak)

SoCal Deek

The Bills season has become anti-climactic and the only thing left to watch for is how Allen does.  Other than that it's devolved into a question of potential UFA signings and where they will draft in April. 

The Sabres are exciting, have loads of young talent, and are winning.

During the SB run, Miami was always considered "Rich Stadium South"--sure would be nice to be able to give that venue a new moniker after a "W" this week, something like "New Era Suburbs" to christen the era of JA against the Fish! 

Buffalo, can you handle all of this winning?? 

winning charlie sheen GIF

• Like (+1) 1

Well if you want to count the Bulls, you do have to throw a Nov. 14th football Loss in there at Ohio.  Quite honestly it was not a must-win for UB and it was for Ohio so that factored in.    Still an impressive WNY streak by any measure though.  Maybe the best ever.

17 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Sabres streak has been amazing but let’s not mix the Bills disappointing season together. 

You could’ve said the same thing about the Sabres back on November 3rd. Every streak has to start somewhere. If the Bills win Sunday.....

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

do you ever listen to game announcers and they say something hasn't happened in ....

then it happens moments later....   

just sayin 

Well I guess we better pray that the God of all the Universe isn’t on the internet today. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

So tanking works? The sabres are stacked with young talent much like the Browns in the NFL. Good thing we keep winning all of these meaningless games. Oops

serious question: Do you follow the sabres closely?   and i am not in any way calling you out, this has just been an argument within my friends for the last week and am interested to hear what you say.

the sabres do have an outstanding young core of players(eichel,dahlin,risto etc) 

however the biggest difference makers have been aqcuired talent this past offseason and jacks development over the last couple years.  skinner and hutton i would argue are THE biggest difference to this team.   the culture they have created being the other biggest thing (yes the culture aka Proccess)

14 minutes ago, Moulds_80 said:

serious question: Do you follow the sabres closely?   and i am not in any way calling you out, this has just been an argument within my friends for the last week and am interested to hear what you say.

the sabres do have an outstanding young core of players(eichel,dahlin,risto etc) 

however the biggest difference makers have been aqcuired talent this past offseason and jacks development over the last couple years.  skinner and hutton i would argue are THE biggest difference to this team.   the culture they have created being the other biggest thing (yes the culture aka Proccess)

I don't follow them as closely as the Bills but the bulk of their team is young up and coming players with a few key veterans mixed in. Same formula the Browns are currently deploying. The Bills by contrast have a lot of old guys on big contracts and then some mid level young guys. It's not a recipe for long term success which is how I feel the sabres and browns are built. The bills have been bad for so long that we should have acquired a bunch of blue Chip prospects by now but we haven't. If you are bad then be really bad, get some top picks and reload

Edited by WRONG JOSH
  • Like (+1) 1