Week 13: Dolphins Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

23 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I can't explain it, but I've always held a little resentment for Cam Wake choosing Miami over Buffalo when he came out of the CFL. It just seemed like, 'Hey, you played in Canada and built a slight following, stay close and let the fans see what you're all about'. I know it's illogical without any good reason, but - hey, it is what it is. That said, I don't expect the Bills to be favored in ANY game for the rest of this year. There is just too much damage done thus far to ask any "expert" or Vegas bookie to give them the edge. 

That said, IMHO, if the Bills Defense shows up, they have a legit chance of stealing this game. If they give up the runs and don't create pressure on Tannehill, I don't think the Bills come out of this one with a W. Unless Josh Allen unleashes all his game and has a sort of coming out party and elevates the Offense to new heights, I think the Defense has to win this game. Go Bills! 

this is daboll's coming out party. they ran a lot of 4 and 5 wide and had very good success getting guys open.  i think that gives our offense a huge boost.

(one thing on allen is...best fake since boomer. i'd like to see him hide the ball just a split second longer. that little move springs guys wide open.)

however now, he ( daboll) can still go 3 wide and have shady and ivory in the backfield at the same time. not only does that give us the 3 wide, plus maybe shady, but establishes the screen pass to either back and also helps the running game. that adds a whole new page to the playbook....plus there's a back that can chip wake. 

i believe in the offense in 3rds. 

outside and downfield speed

intermediate mismatches with backs and screens

running game

i think we now have the first established and can be consistent at it.

i believe in daboll and think his approach is going to keep growing.

he will have some new wrinkles for the fish.  the days of 8 or 9 in the box and constant blitzing i think is finally gonna stop.

Edited by billsredneck1

The Debrief, Week 12: Race for AFC sixth seed takes shape

By Gregg Rosenthal,  Around The NFL Editor

Gregg Rosenthal catches you up on everything you need to know as we turn from Week 12 to Week 13.

Josh Allen makes the Bills more fun to watch: That's a low bar to clear, but it's hard not to be fascinated by Allen. I have no idea if he can be successful as a starter, but Sunday's performance against Jacksonville had some breathtaking moments. He completed only eight passes, but a few of them were beauties. He rushed for 99 yards, trash talking the Bills after many of them. At worst, he's a rich man's Blake Bortles that makes Buffalo games more intriguing down the stretch, just to see what Allen does next.

2018 Buffalo Bills Week Thirteen Media Guide

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Debrief, Week 12: Race for AFC sixth seed takes shape

By Gregg Rosenthal,  Around The NFL Editor

Gregg Rosenthal catches you up on everything you need to know as we turn from Week 12 to Week 13.

Josh Allen makes the Bills more fun to watch: That's a low bar to clear, but it's hard not to be fascinated by Allen. I have no idea if he can be successful as a starter, but Sunday's performance against Jacksonville had some breathtaking moments. He completed only eight passes, but a few of them were beauties. He rushed for 99 yards, trash talking the Bills after many of them. At worst, he's a rich man's Blake Bortles that makes Buffalo games more intriguing down the stretch, just to see what Allen does next.

thanks! great read.

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hm. So maybe McDermott was being HONEST when he said they're a young team. I remember him catching a lot of garbage from people

around here.

I think people used the average age from the whole roster to make it look like he was full of it.

If the fish run the ball for over 200 yards while the Bills running backs manage only 60 again, it could be a long day for the Bills.  Can't rely on Tannehill to cough up the ball like Bortles did.  And shouldn't expect Allen to provide all the Bills offense.