Week 13: Dolphins Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

MIA-Dolphins-Header.png

Tannehill threw a scrambling deep post route to Leonte Carroo, who just jumped higher than Colts defensive back Pierre Desir and ran for a 74-yard touchdown late in the second quarter. Tannehill had an up-and-down day, throwing a few passes that should have been intercepted.

Kenyan Drake caught a flare pass out of the backfield and made two tacklers miss on his way to a 33-yard touchdown in the first quarter. Drake saw several more pass targets and showed off his soft hands – although he did have one drop – and ability to accelerate upfield quickly after making the catch and make people miss in the open field. Drake was even split wide and targeted on a third down.

Cornerback Xavien Howard had himself a day. He was the interceptor on both of Luck’s wayward throws and allowed just 15 yards in coverage on the day. Neither of the interceptions was easy either, as he made fantastic plays to haul both of them in.

Edge defender Cameron Wake was the one to break the sackless streak with his strip-sack of Luck on third down to force a field goal attempt by the Colts. He wreaked havoc on right tackle Braden Smith all game long.

Keys to the Game
The Dolphins’ defense couldn’t do enough to holster Luck, and Tannehill couldn’t make enough plays to get the job done offensively.

Gase is such a douche.

By the way, Tannehill looked average as usual.  The long TD was an enormously lucky play; an underthrown ball that was basically up for grabs -- the receiver just made a better play on it than the defender.  Typical dink and dunk stuff from Tanny, along with a couple of throws that should have been intercepted.  I'm much more concerned with stopping Drake.

Top News: Dolphins Looking Ahead To Showdown With Bills

ifssywtnatjpmzbtmlv8.jpg

Alain Poupart-  LEAD WRITER

The Dolphins were back at the Baptist Health Training Facility at Nova Southeastern University on Monday obviously still disappointed about the last-second loss against the Indianapolis Colts, but Head Coach Adam Gase is confident his players will be looking ahead when they return to practice.

“The good thing about NFL players is once we hit Wednesday, they really don’t care about last week,” Gase said. “Which is probably better that they’re like that compared to the coaches. We’ll sit and think and dwell and all that stuff. These guys will do a good job of moving on and go to practice and work hard and get after it on Wednesday. Our focus just needs to be to one game. How do we win one game? It’s probably good that we’re at home. We’ve got a great opportunity just kind of get back to .500. We’ve just got to focus on ourselves, can’t worry about anybody else.”

The Dolphins (5-6) will return to Hard Rock Stadium next Sunday to face the AFC East rival Buffalo Bills.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

21 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Play defense and get Shady going and we will have a look. Got to win up front and allow Shady to get to the hole before he makes a cut. Can’t be dancing in the backfield because the LOS is being reset by the Dline. Win up front and give Shady a chance. Keep playing defense. Let’s get at least 1 more week of a season here and put another AFC team behind us on the way. Go Bills!

they gotta mix in ivory and murphy more. enough with this allegiance to shady.  that's screwing our whole game plan up. we need  north bound running at times and they just don't seem to wanna admit that too often.

• Like (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 13: Dolphins Game Preparation - Vegas Lines Have the Bills as 5 to 5.5 Point Dogs; Catalon and Lofton Calling the Game on CBS

Miami is home so that's 3 points schedule makes spot for home field, so Vegas basically thinks the Fins are 2.5 points better than the Bill's. I think the 5.5 comes down to 4 or 4.5. I think that the Fins aren't a bad team and this is not an easy game esp away.

Overall I think it will be another close game going deep into the 4th quarter. I think the Fins win a close one, I have a bad feeling that Allen makes a bad mistake that leads to a loss. 

I hope I am wrong, this is a very winnable game that would keep the Bill's slim Hopes alive for one more week. 

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ds72mZzXcAAHyga.jpg

After yesterday, I expect the Dolphins will spy Allen (Possibly with Alonso) to keep him in the pocket with less pressure in order to minimize the damage he can cause with his legs. 

Thanks, that's the most telling stat I've seen all year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can't explain it, but I've always held a little resentment for Cam Wake choosing Miami over Buffalo when he came out of the CFL. It just seemed like, 'Hey, you played in Canada and built a slight following, stay close and let the fans see what you're all about'. I know it's illogical without any good reason, but - hey, it is what it is. That said, I don't expect the Bills to be favored in ANY game for the rest of this year. There is just too much damage done thus far to ask any "expert" or Vegas bookie to give them the edge. 

That said, IMHO, if the Bills Defense shows up, they have a legit chance of stealing this game. If they give up the runs and don't create pressure on Tannehill, I don't think the Bills come out of this one with a W. Unless Josh Allen unleashes all his game and has a sort of coming out party and elevates the Offense to new heights, I think the Defense has to win this game. Go Bills!