Cover 1: The Bills Are Changing Their Approach to the WR Position

26CornerBlitz

6 hours ago, KW95 said:

I think they should suggest a 40 yard dash at combine to find fast receivers.

Unfortunately there’s not too many 6’5- 6’6 tall WR’s who can get separation from speedy DB’s , 

someone needs to let Bean know that it’s ok to draft a 6’0 -6’1 WR that’s got speed and good hands 

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes there was no legit reason to take a step back offensively.

Just wasn't necessary.

It wasn't just the WR position........the QB of the future that they've been waiting decades for fell into their lap on draft day 2017........and almost impossibly it wasn't even just ONE option.?:doh:

While we have vocal apologists for these moves right now.............if Allen doesn't turn into a stud QB and McBeane get fired..........we will UNIVERSALLY pan their handling of the offensive side of the ball.     Even John from Riverside via Hemet will hate them for it!:devil:

Fortunately they can still turn this program into a contender with some good moves and some bounces.......... but the past two seasons have been HARD on the eyes if you appreciate offensive football(which is to say if you appreciate CURRENT and "entertaining" NFL football).

I simply want to give them a chance to complete their vision before saying that they screwed it up

there have been unexexpected things that have happened along the way like the ol  zay Jones taking longer the. Expected etc etc

they have missed on guys like kb and vd to be sure but this happens to other teams as well the patriots miss on free agency all the time but still have the most important piece

it all centers around josh Allen and his future and his future relies on what the bills do this offseason

you can’t call it a failure in a rebuilding season

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Foster has 27 yards less than St. Brown with way less opportunities on a worse offense with worst QB situation thus far.  So how does St. Brown make more sense than the guys we drafted?  We got equal production in UDFA Foster and still took guys like Taron, Phillips, Teller in the draft, all of which have shown promise.  

Again though that is in hindsight. It is kind of my point. On draft day, no one had Foster as a better prospect than St. Brown. Taking an UDFA isn’t valuing the position regardless of the outcome. If Foster was Antonio Brown this year it doesn’t change that. The issue that we are having is that they neglected speed and didn’t think it was important. If they did, they would have prioritized it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No, that IS EXACTLY my point you see.  There is all this freaking out over the offense this year when there was no other decisions this offseason that would have made any notable changes to the offense this year.  You just reinforced my exact point.  Everyone else acts like there was some offensive player that would have somehow changed our fortunes this year.

This thread is too funny. I completely agree with @Alphadawg7 it’s hilarious all these revisionists with the benefit of hindsight who pretend that if you draft a top WR who plays on the Falcons opposite Julio with Ryan throwing the ball, that his production would be exactly the same if he was dropped into this team. Um no. Him and St Brown who has done nothing with Rodgers throwing to them don’t come here and get the same numbers. To even suggest it is laughable. Just count all the advantages they have at the team they are at. It would be fair if they had drafted badly with those picks but this was mostly good drafting.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again thought that is in hindsight. It is kind of my point. On draft day, no one had Foster as a better prospect than St. Brown. Taking an UDFA isn’t valuing the position regardless of the outcome. 

So taking a 6th rounder instead of a UDFA is enough prioritizing speed for you? He’s a 4.48 guy. I mean I don’t get it.

Even though I would have taken st Brown over the guys they took in 6 and 7 too, the argument falls down because given opportunities on a better offense he hasn’t done much. If you want to use hindsight at least pick a guy like Tre’Quan Smith, Keke Coutee, or Valdez Scantling who have been difference makers.

Look at the best WR in NFL history, Jerry Rice. He didn’t win many battles in the air. He did his winning with precise routes, quickness in and out of his cuts, and amazing hands. Fast forward to 2018. The best WRs possess these very traits. But the number one of all traits is the ability to get seperation. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Seoul_panther said:

So taking a 6th rounder instead of a UDFA is enough prioritizing speed for you? He’s a 4.48 guy. I mean I don’t get it.

Even though I would have taken st Brown over the guys they took in 6 and 7 too, the argument falls down because given opportunities on a better offense he hasn’t done much. If you want to use hindsight at least pick a guy like Tre’Quan Smith, Keke Coutee, or Valdez Scantling who have been difference makers.

He was thought of as high as a late 1. He was even in for a visit I believe. It would have been investing in a talented player with a weird family. It would have showed an effort. 

I’m not using hindsight which is why I specifically used St. Brown. The goal wasn’t to be “we could have taken Tom Brady in the 6th.” The fact that the Bills were okay with an UDFA rookie as the speed guy exemplifies the fact that they didn’t emphasize it. If he turned into something, great but if not they believed that they had enough options. Their offense was tragic so they got together and said “we need to be faster.” You can find posts from me and others on here from months and months ago saying exactly that. We were right, not Beane and McDermott. They admitted as much by addressing it. 

Again, my issue is that coming into training camp they were fine if they didn’t have speed. After they cut Coleman they felt the same way. “We are fast enough.” It was a mistake. It hurt the pass game and the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Ultimately, in year one they prioritized bringing in benjamin and mike Tolbert, AND a full back  - i don’t get why it’s controversial to say they created a speed deficit in a league that’s getting faster every day. As others pointed out - Carolina likewise had a slower offense at a lot of key positions too.

This I agree with as a Panthers fan. Benjamin had his good games against strong teams for us. But his mistakes, lack of effort, and being badly overweight at TC were all red flags. In addition, he seems to be immature and come up with excuses. Even when he left, I still hoped he could be better, but something was clearly up for us to trade him when we were going to the playoffs and had a lack of WR production. Once Funchess was injured we were down to PS guys in the playoffs and that’s not gonna fly in New Orleans.

No doubt the Bills were fleeced in the trade. But things can improve quickly, if you have even an average QB with good WRs.

Speed has helped us a lot. Just promise me one thing. 

Dont take Funchess in free agency. He’s a Benjamin clone, 

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was thought of as high as a late 1. He was even in for a visit I believe. It would have been investing in a talented player with a weird family. It would have showed an effort. 

I’m not using hindsight which is why I specifically used St. Brown. The goal wasn’t to be “we could have taken Tom Brady in the 6th.” The fact that the Bills were okay with an UDFA rookie as the speed guy exemplifies the fact that they didn’t emphasize it. If he turned into something, great but if not they believed that they had enough options. Their offense was tragic so they got together and said “we need to be faster.” You can find posts from me and others on here from months and months ago saying exactly that. We were right, not Beane and McDermott. They admitted as much by addressing it. 

Again, my issue is that coming into training camp they were fine if they didn’t have speed. After they cut Coleman they felt the same way. “We are fast enough.” It was a mistake. It hurt the pass game and the run game.

I too saw st Brown mocked high. It seems there must be something up for him to fall to the 6th. I was surprised too. But investing a high pick in him or someone else would have shown prioritizing as you say. But what else? It is highly unlikely that he would have transformed this O single handedly. Would fans be satisfied with his current level of production at the Bills for a high pick and losing say Phillips. In this alternate reality would TSW have threads suggesting that HP was available but the Bills wasted a pick on “another” Zay Jones. I can just picture it. That’s why I call it hindsight. I get that people are frustrated with Bills WRs. But imagine supporting a team that had Benjamin and Funchess as receivers! Ugh. 

By the way. St Brown has a brother at USC (a WR with an even more awesome name)- Amon Ra. So your chances at drafting a St Brown are not yet gone!

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea but according to this message board all of that tearing down of the offense ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to happen because "cap hell", "process", and "Whaley mistakes".

Maybe we would’ve won the super bowl last year or this year if we didn’t trade Sammy and Marcel.......no. And that’s all that matters.  Championship or bust.  Not sure why people have an issue with those moves.  

Sammy wasn’t going to resign here.  Sure we could’ve held him ransom for for an extra year or two but he was a cancer within the locker room and admitted that he was an immature diva that didn’t work hard.  The rams trade for him.....then let him go and trade a 1st rd pick in order to get a midgeeee and pay him similar money.  Shows how much they saw in him after a year.  They didn’t want him.  

Marcel.  He was a complete malcontent that is a suspension away from a year long nap and an overblown contract that handicapped us going forward.  Maybe we would’ve beaten the jags with him.....and then wrecked by the Steelers or pats.  I remember everyone saying “look how good the jags d is now that they have dareus”. And now look at them.  Good do. Same record as us.  Really did them a lot of good.

Maybe if we would’ve kept them and Tyrod we could’ve been Andy daltons bengals the last decade.  Instead, we gutted the salaries that we didn’t want, got picks.  Got the QB they THEY wanted and are spending money on players THEY want.  Can’t blame them considering we were the laughing stock of the league for 20 years.  Not sure why they would want to come in and keep players they didn’t want.  

Just because some of you guys think they made a mistake, doesn’t mean they actually did.  If they draft bad players and sign the wrong guys via FA in the coming years, THATS when they screwed up.  When they drafted these upcoming players and last offseason acquistions.  Say whatever you like, but TYROD TAYLOR wasn’t going to lead this team to a super bowl win with the assistance of Sammy Watkins and Marcel dareus. As said before:  that’s the only thing that matters.  We’d be a middling low end playoff team with a jacked up payroll.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Maybe we would’ve won the super bowl last year or this year if we didn’t trade Sammy and Marcel.......no. And that’s all that matters.  Championship or bust.  Not sure why people have an issue with those moves.  

Sammy wasn’t going to resign here.  Sure we could’ve held him ransom for for an extra year or two but he was a cancer within the locker room and admitted that he was an immature diva that didn’t work hard.  The rams trade for him.....then let him go and trade a 1st rd pick in order to get a midgeeee and pay him similar money.  Shows how much they saw in him after a year.  They didn’t want him.  

Marcel.  He was a complete malcontent that is a suspension away from a year long nap and an overblown contract that handicapped us going forward.  Maybe we would’ve beaten the jags with him.....and then wrecked by the Steelers or pats.  I remember everyone saying “look how good the jags d is now that they have dareus”. And now look at them.  Good do. Same record as us.  Really did them a lot of good.

Maybe if we would’ve kept them and Tyrod we could’ve been Andy daltons bengals the last decade.  Instead, we gutted the salaries that we didn’t want, got picks.  Got the QB they THEY wanted and are spending money on players THEY want.  Can’t blame them considering we were the laughing stock of the league for 20 years.  Not sure why they would want to come in and keep players they didn’t want.  

Just because some of you guys think they made a mistake, doesn’t mean they actually did.  If they draft bad players and sign the wrong guys via FA in the coming years, THATS when they screwed up.  When they drafted these upcoming players and last offseason acquistions.  Say whatever you like, but TYROD TAYLOR wasn’t going to lead this team to a super bowl win with the assistance of Sammy Watkins and Marcel dareus. As said before:  that’s the only thing that matters.  We’d be a middling low end playoff team with a jacked up payroll.  

So much of what I bolded is simply made up or incorrect. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So explain how it’s incorrect 

Locker room cancer?  He complained about not getting the ball enough and he was right. He was focsued on numbers to help the team win, but that hardly made him a cancer.  The Rams did want to retain him, but underestimated the WR market in UFA. After he signed with KC, they didn't think the incoming class of WRs were worthy of a 1st round pick, so they made the deal to get Cooks. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

14 minutes ago, Seoul_panther said:

I too saw st Brown mocked high. It seems there must be something up for him to fall to the 6th. I was surprised too. But investing a high pick in him or someone else would have shown prioritizing as you say. But what else? It is highly unlikely that he would have transformed this O single handedly. Would fans be satisfied with his current level of production at the Bills for a high pick and losing say Phillips. In this alternate reality would TSW have threads suggesting that HP was available but the Bills wasted a pick on “another” Zay Jones. I can just picture it. That’s why I call it hindsight. I get that people are frustrated with Bills WRs. But imagine supporting a team that had Benjamin and Funchess as receivers! Ugh. 

By the way. St Brown has a brother at USC (a WR with an even more awesome name)- Amon Ra. So your chances at drafting a St Brown are not yet gone!

I don’t think that it would have transformed the offense but it would have been better. The ability to keep guys away from the LOS helps the running game too. The Bills offensive talent is poor. They need to hit some big plays to contend. We all knew that. This wasn’t going to be an offense that sustains 20 play drives. They had to turn it over on defense, take care of it on offense and make some big plays. The Jets game was an example of what had to happen.

Benjamin and Funchess is a nightmare scenario. The league is going the other way. It is guys that can play in space. For me it’s not hindsight because I was screaming for this well before it didn’t work out. They could have even kept Deonte Thompson and I would have been happy. I’m not saying “I can’t believe they didn’t get Julio Jones.” It is more “I can’t believe that these guys think this WR group is fast enough.” 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Rams did want to retain him, but underestimated the WR market in UFA. After he signed with KC, they didn't think the incoming class of WRs were worthy of a 1st round pick, so they made the deal to get Cooks. 

Do you think considering the historic numbers that high octane KC O is putting up that he is finally living up to his draft position and hype? You’re obviously a SW fan but I’m gonna say without any vested interest that his numbers are at best patchy and inconsistent. 

Also it’s funny that Sean McVay didn’t see anything he liked in the WRs in this draft yet all the armchair Gms here know better.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Locker room cancer?  Je complained about not getting the ball enough and he was right. He was focsued on numbers to help the team win, but that hardly made him a cancer.  The Rams did want to retain him, but underestimated the WR market in UFA. After he signed with KC, they didn't think the incoming class of WRs were worthy of a 1st round pick, so they made the deal to get Cooks. 

He was an egomanicial diva.  He admitted it. He didn’t have a QB that wouldnt feed him the ball and cried and whines about it while telling us fans that our jobs and lives are basically worthless.  I’m sure he’s a great guy and all of his teammates loved him.  Keep believing that.  McDermott wanted no part of Sammy, the person.  I can’t blame him.  

The rams actually traded a 1st rd pick so they could sign a lesser wr to a similar contract.  If they really wanted him THAT bad, they would’ve retained him.  They didn’t.  A year after giving up a 2nd rd pick and a decent CB for him.  Now he’s gone and the rams are even better.  Meanwhile, Sammy has an injured foot.  Imagine that

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Seoul_panther said:

Do you think considering the historic numbers that high octane KC O is putting up that he is finally living up to his draft position and hype? You’re obviously a SW fan but I’m gonna say without any vested interest that his numbers are at best patchy and inconsistent. 

Also it’s funny that Sean McVay didn’t see anything he liked in the WRs in this draft yet all the armchair Gms here know better.

As if you know better right here on TSW with the same Armchair GMs. :lol: I'm sure he and Snead wanted a plug and play established player in Cooks whom he knew would fulfill the deep threat role that Watkins vacated up his exit in UFA.

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that it would have transformed the offense but it would have been better. The ability to keep guys away from the LOS helps the running game too. The Bills offensive talent is poor. They need to hit some big plays to contend. We all knew that. This wasn’t going to be an offense that sustains 20 play drives. They had to turn it over on defense, take care of it on offense and make some big plays. The Jets game was an example of what had to happen.

Benjamin and Funchess is a nightmare scenario. The league is going the other way. It is guys that can play in space. For me it’s not hindsight because I was screaming for this well before it didn’t work out. They could have even kept Deonte Thompson and I would have been happy. I’m not saying “I can’t believe they didn’t get Julio Jones.” It is more “I can’t believe that these guys think this WR group is fast enough.” 

Fair enough. You are talking about showing intent to fix a lack of speed. My guess is everyone agrees on the importance of that to any offense. But St Brown wouldn’t have brought that- and I say that with hindsight. It would have cost you a better player elsewhere for the sake of scratching an itch.

Edited by Seoul_panther
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

He was an egomanicial diva.  He admitted it. He didn’t have a QB that wouldnt feed him the ball and cried and whines about it while telling us fans that our jobs and lives are basically worthless.  I’m sure he’s a great guy and all of his teammates loved him.  Keep believing that.  McDermott wanted no part of Sammy, the person.  I can’t blame him.  

The rams actually traded a 1st rd pick so they could sign a lesser wr to a similar contract.  If they really wanted him THAT bad, they would’ve retained him.  They didn’t.  A year after giving up a 2nd rd pick and a decent CB for him.  Now he’s gone and the rams are even better.  Meanwhile, Sammy has an injured foot.  Imagine that

Like many WRs.  Another falsehood regarding what he said on Social Media that was targeted specifically at those who were harrassing him.  If you were not one of them, it wasn't directed at you. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As if you know better right here on TSW with the same Armchair GMs. 

The difference being that I’m not second guessing a draft after half a season or telling people what should have happened. That would be you. It’s a pity. I respect that you drive a lot of the content on TSW and are clearly passionate. But your biases are rather plain to see.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seoul_panther said:

The difference being that I’m not second guessing a draft after half a season or telling people what should have happened. That would be you. It’s a pity. I respect that you drive a lot of the content on TSW and are clearly passionate. But your biases are rather plain to see.

You joined here in April and you think you know what I have been advocating for. I find that funny. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Like many WRs.  Another falsehood regarding what he said on Social Media that was targeted specifically at those who were harrassing him.  If you were one of them, it wasn't directed at you. 

Oh, so egomanicial diva WRs are never a cancer in the locker room? Keep telling yourself that.  

Can you imagine if Nate Peterman was as immature as Sammy Watkins and read his social media?  Athletes that don’t live up to fans expectations get razzed on social media.  There have been hundreds of thousands of athletes that have been ripped  on social media and didn’t melt down tell fans that they don’t matter.  That’s part of his character.  That may not matter to YOU and some others here, but Sammy the person, isn’t worthy of being a bill, regardless of his skill.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh, so egomanicial diva WRs are never a cancer in the locker room? Keep telling yourself that.  

Can you imagine if Nate Peterman was as immature as Sammy Watkins and read his social media?  Athletes that don’t live up to fans expectations get razzed on social media.  There have been hundreds of thousands of athletes that have been ripped  on social media and didn’t melt down tell fans that they don’t matter.  That’s part of his character.  That may not matter to YOU and some others here, but Sammy the person, isn’t worthy of being a bill, regardless of his skill.

Hilarious! Seemed to fit in just fine with LA and now KC.  Yet he was unworthy of playing with the mighty Buffalo Bills the pardigm of the league.  Yeah okay. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You joined here in April and you think you know what I have been advocating for. I find that funny. 

What’s funny is that you think that my join date indicates when I started reading. Surely someone as all knowing as you realizes that I don’t need to join in order to read. Save your petulance for someone else. I wish you and yours a pleasant thanksgiving.

Just now, Seoul_panther said:

What’s funny is that you think that my join date indicates when I started reading. Surely someone as all knowing as you realizes that I don’t need to join in order to read. Save your petulance for someone else. I wish you and yours a pleasant thanksgiving.

Bye Panther fan. 

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hilarious! Seemed to fit in just fine with LA and now KC.  Yet he was unworthy of playing with the mighty Buffalo Bills the pardigm of the league.  Yeah okay. 

You may not have a problem with what he said on twitter but a lot of adults do.  

And the fact is the rams wanted him, then let him go.  They could’ve franchised him.  They didnt.  They kept a safety over him.  Say whatever you like, but they didn’t want him enough to keep him.  That’s the fact.  The chiefs now have him and he’s hurt, which is one of tne of the reasons we traded him.  An injury prone egomanicial WR that said the people that pay his bills are worthless.  Mhmmm.  Just what we want.  

Become a chiefs fan. That’s your boy.  I’ll stick withy guys.  They guys that broke a 17 year playoff drought while tanking 

25 minutes ago, Seoul_panther said:

Bills have shown weaknesses a plenty building an Offense.
Been forever actually. or in hindsight as well.

If Bills were thinking of starting Allen ? they should have been thinking deep balls. even if his reading presnap was less developed.
If they were thinking : )

if starting Peterman was the plan ? maybe it was all about timing routes .
no matter how you look at the method and preseason approach, ? It was wrong.
especially at WR.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

You may not have a problem with what he said on twitter but a lot of adults do.  

And the fact is the rams wanted him, then let him go.  They could’ve franchised him.  They didnt.  They kept a safety over him.  Say whatever you like, but they didn’t want him enough to keep him.  That’s the fact.  The chiefs now have him and he’s hurt, which is one of tne of the reasons we traded him.  An injury prone egomanicial WR that said the people that pay his bills are worthless.  Mhmmm.  Just what we want.  

Become a chiefs fan. That’s your boy.  I’ll stick withy guys.  They guys that broke a 17 year playoff drought while tanking 

He wasn't talking to me, so I don't care.  Yeah, so we got Matthews and Gaines who couldn't stay on the field due to injuries. Good point.  Here we go with the silly go root for another team response. Good one. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I simply want to give them a chance to complete their vision before saying that they screwed it up

there have been unexexpected things that have happened along the way like the ol  zay Jones taking longer the. Expected etc etc

they have missed on guys like kb and vd to be sure but this happens to other teams as well the patriots miss on free agency all the time but still have the most important piece

it all centers around josh Allen and his future and his future relies on what the bills do this offseason

you can’t call it a failure in a rebuilding season

Yep.........as Belichick has said..........you basically have to be making bad decisions all of the time to stay bad in the NFL............it's very easy to hover in that 7-9 win range.

McBeane have made both good and bad decisions............unfortunately the bad are on one side of the ball..........that's been a pretty common theme with Bills HC fails.

Which of course falls on the ownership making the hires.

I hope McBeane make it but I also don't  wish us to end up with a coach who is competent but not capable of more.......like a Marvin Lewis, among others.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He wasn't talking to me, so I don't care.  Yeah, so we got Matthews and Gaines who couldn't stay on the field due to injuries. Good point.  Here we go with the silly go root for another team response. Good one. 

i am loathe to jump into argument for the sake of argument.
 like i said the Bills f'd up the situation with Offense, compounded by what they put in place for Allen to potentially be working with.
to define the reasons why ?  seems to me a waste of effort. too many points to argue.

lets hope Foster develops off what we saw Daboll call.

I love someone who can track a deep ball ( awareness). and now that Allen is starting ? I am stoked to watch sunday

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

i am loathe to jump into argument for the sake of argument.
 like i said the Bills f'd up the situation with Offense, compounded by what they put in place for Allen to potentially be working with.
to define the reasons why ?  seems to me a waste of effort. too many points to argue.

lets hope Foster develops off what we saw Daboll call.

I love someone who can track a deep ball ( awareness). and now that Allen is starting ? I am stoked to watch sunday

I just hope there are lessons learned by Beane and McDermott that changes their approach to offense and I too want to see how Allen and other young players are progressing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.........as Belichick has said..........you basically have to be making bad decisions all of the time to stay bad in the NFL............it's very easy to hover in that 7-9 win range.

McBeane have made both good and bad decisions............unfortunately the bad are on one side of the ball..........that's been a pretty common theme with Bills HC fails.

Which of course falls on the ownership making the hires.

I hope McBeane make it but I also don't  wish us to end up with a coach who is competent but not capable of more.......like a Marvin Lewis, among others.

A wise HC will find his Mirror strength. Sean knows Defense.
He is putting his money on Brian Daboll right now.
The first OC was a penny in a fountain type of coach.
 a Wise Coach will trust his Mirror Coach.

Concepts translate details do not. and the Offense is changing it's face after all. late is better than never
Go Daboll

I just hope there are lessons learned by Beane and McDermott that changes their approach to offense and I too want to see how Allen and other young players are progressing. 

If ya aint  learnin'

ya aint trying hard enough

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

A wise HC will find his Mirror strength. Sean knows Defense.
He is putting his money on Brian Daboll right now.
The first OC was a penny in a fountain type of coach.
 a Wise Coach will trust his Mirror Coach.

Concepts translate details do not. and the Offense is changing it's face after all. late is better than never
Go Daboll

The problem being that since the offensive side of the ball is favored by the rules in the current NFL..........if you lose that OC it can totally change the outlook of your team...........and if he's good you WILL lose him quickly. 

Much easier to replace a DC.

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Because he didn’t say it to you, you don’t care?  You can’t be that childish, can you?  

We got draft picks...the players were one year fill ins for the players we traded.  Matthews was worthless.  Gaines is one of the reasons we were in the playoffs.  How many times  did Sammy and Marcel lead us to the playoffs?  

Here we go with the same whining and crying and crying and whining because the bills traded away my favorite players.....and then made the playoffs without them.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Because he didn’t say it to you, you don’t care?  You can’t be that childish, can you?  

We got draft picks...the players were one year fill ins for the players we traded.  Matthews was worthless.  Gaines is one of the reasons we were in the playoffs.  How many times time Sammy and Marcel lead us to the playoffs?  

Here we go with the same whining and crying and crying and whining because the bills traded away my favorite players.....and then made the playoffs without them.  

He didn't say it to you yet you care which seems to me makes your affront childish. They made the playoffs with a negative point differential which was great, but are they a perennial contender?  Nope! So big whoop in the end.  Crying?  :lol: It's part of the conversation as to why the receiving corps has been so poor in the last two seasons.  They have yet to effectively replace him with a deep threat that defenses are obliged to respect.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The problem being that since the offensive side of the ball is favored by the rules in the current NFL..........if you lose that OC it can totally change the outlook of your team...........and if he's good you WILL lose him quickly. 

Much easier to replace a DC.

Thats of course the worry. If allen looks competent next year, Daboll gets offers and you are putting the kid in a new system

halfway through the big  window of a rookie qb contract you are starting fresh again, as opposed to the continuity of an offensive head coach seeing success with a young qb