Vontae Davis Makes Light of Quitting on the Bills in FanDuel Ad

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

We all get that it wasn't a good look for him or the team.

But the vilification here is over the top for a guy who basically had a cup of coffee in Buffalo.

Cup of coffee or not I think he earned that with the way he departed. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cup of coffee or not I think he earned that with the way he departed. 

If the Bills were 2-0 at the end of the game  (instead of getting stomped for the second time to start the season), no one would have cared that he walked out.  We would have laughed it off.

Weeks later and people are still riled up over a fringe FA would was in his second game?  It's a bit over the top.

If he had signed a massive contract, got suspended for the second time and lied about entering rehab,  the board would be excusing away his behavior because his brother fell off a motorcycle and 4 of his grandmothers died in 1 year.

Davis humiliated himself and now, months later is accepting his humiliation with a bit of humor (and getting paid a bit for it).

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He made the decision in game obviously.

Then obviously sit your behind on the bench, tell coaches you need a tap in sub until the game is over and then leave. Would have avoided all of the inevitable drama, negativity for both he and this club, and retain some measure of self respect in the process. Sometimes timing really is everything like it or not 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Then obviously sit your behind on the bench, tell coaches you need a tap in sub until the game is over and then leave. Would have avoided all of the inevitable drama, negativity for both he and this club, and retain some measure of self respect in the process. Sometimes timing really is everything like it or not 

This is what I was trying to say.  You said it far better.  Sit the rest of the game, say goodbye to the team an leave with dignity.  Nobody here would have batted an eyelash.

Vontae Davis is in a different category all his own, along with Anquan Boldin. They are quitters and have lame excuses as why they did so. Also, other players like Dareus and Benjamin quit on the team in a different way, which hurt our team even more. I'd rather just have players quit and leave the facility rather than collect a check and quit on a weekly basis while still being a member of the team.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:17 AM, Saint Doug said:

I’m sure there have been players who have been unofficially cut mid-game, so how is this different?

When you perform your job very poorly consistent to where you are pulled off the floor or from behind the desk so to speak, that's because YOU DID A POOR JOB. You still have to work to earn your check, though. Nobody gets paid for doing nothing if they suck in the real world.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:16 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Quitting at half time may have embarrassed the Bills briefly, but it hardly matters if he did it then or after the game.  He didn't want to play anymore.

Would it have been better if he dogged it the rest of the season and stolen the Bills money?

...nope....THAT seat is occupied by Benjamin I believe............

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, The Red King said:

You finish the game.  Even if you finish it on the bench, you finish the game then retire.  If he did that, then retired citing decline in ability, people here would have been fine.  Hell, we all saw the decline in performance.  It was the whole "can't be bothered to even finish the game" that was a slap in the face.

Side note...not everyone agrees with what Bell did, either.  You sign a contract, you play the damn contract.  That it's somehow possible to avoid playing a contract you signed baffles me.

Good post. I imagine his NFL peers look at him in a totally different way and lost a ton of respect for the guy, especially Bills players, this will hurt his name and brand for years .

Pretty sad really, former legit #1 pro bowl cb to end his career on that note is sad for him .

I agree on Bell too. Respect the contract . I understand his argument why he chose to do what he did but completely disagree . Bell disrespected his teammates and the Steelers organization imo

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Good post. I imagine his NFL peers look at him in a totally different way and lost a ton of respect for the guy, especially Bills players, this will hurt his name and brand for years .

Pretty sad really, former legit #1 pro bowl cb to end his career on that note is sad for him .

I agree on Bell too. Respect the contract . I understand his argument why he chose to do what he did but completely disagree . Bell disrespected his teammates and the Steelers organization imo

Bell had no contract to respect.