man finds finger in Wendys chili

Pete

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me your snot, your chemical concoctions, your huddled insects yearning to be free...

Years of military chow/mess halls, living off the economy in third world countries, I think I can eat virtually anything. Mad-cow disease infected beef, e-coli? Eh, I'll just work it through. The only part of 'Fear Factor' that impresses me is when it involves eating something still moving - that's a psychological barrier that's tough to overcome. Which I've also done.

Of course, at this point, I wouldn't go as far as to say my innards are in the best possible condition.

It said "Man's finger found in chili".

Not "Man finds finger in chili".

285828[/snapback]

No, it says "Man finds finger"..

it's not a big deal, and the particular article doesn't specify sex (i don't think, i just skimmed), but it was a chick.. no biggie.

No, it says "Man finds finger"..

it's not a big deal, and the particular article doesn't specify sex (i don't think, i just skimmed), but it was a chick.. no biggie.

285831[/snapback]

Did someone edit that? Or is my mind playing trickson me? I could've sworn it said....

Nevermind.

This happened in my general area (San Jose, CA), The first thing they did was check the staff at the store for all ten fingers. The chili is made fresh from scratch every day, so ithe finger was from one of the suppliers (probably the meat).

A woman found it. The finger was not cut off, but looked like it was torn off from the bone, probably from the processing machinery. It hasn't fased people, the TV was showing people eating chili last night at the same store.

found a finger nail in my hash browns at a place in buffalo . wife foun a rooster roach in her breakfast eggs at a place in glenville . my brother has been at the sugar plant in NJ says the rats are real big .the place is un real how dirty it is .

This happened in my general area (San Jose, CA), The first thing they did was check the staff at the store for all ten fingers.  The chili is made fresh from scratch every day, so ithe finger was from one of the suppliers (probably the meat).

A woman found it. The finger was not cut off, but looked like it was torn off from the bone, probably from the processing machinery. It hasn't fased people, the TV was showing people eating chili last night at the same store.

285865[/snapback]

The question has to arise: When someone lost part of their finger at a food processing plant and then noticed that they couldn't find it, no one was concerned that something like this would happen?

My late Grandfather worked in the South Buffalo grain mills around the turn of the century, and he once said that the best thing to happen to the milling industry was the bleaching of flour, because they no longer had to pick out the rats and birds from the grain before milling (they discolored the flour). <_<

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/24/chili.fin...reut/index.html

(its off topic if you could not figure it out) <_<

285617[/snapback]

It used to be you'd feel sorry for the person. These days, finding a severed body part of any kind in your food is the equivilent of winning the lottery. Damn, I want a big toe in my chilli. I bet Wendy's corporate would send you $10,000 just not to tell anyone.

found a finger nail in my hash browns at a place in buffalo . wife foun a rooster roach in her breakfast eggs at a place in glenville . my brother has been at the sugar plant in NJ says the rats are real big .the place is un real how dirty it is .

285885[/snapback]

Which sugar plant is this again?

Speaking of finding stuff in your food...

I went to Chi-Chi's about 10 years ago and had a cheese enchalada from the buffet; there were peices of glass in it! <_< Didn't cut me at all, but was very disturbing nonetheless. The restaurant was very appologetic and gave both my meal and my girlfriend's meal for free. Probably could've gotten more if I wanted to sue, but that thought didn't cross my mind.

The next day, went to Perkins and there was a rubber washer in my eggs. :) To make matters worse, they accused me of putting it there. They gave me my meal for free, but not my girlfriend's. Go figure. :lol:

I stopped going to restaurants for a few weeks after that.... *sigh*

CW

In a related story, a Wendy's employee was hospitalized with a kidney bean in his nose.

I was having a Caesar Salad at Brett Hull's restaurant here in St. Louis, when I found a hair....a long, long hair, of Rapunzel length, and I pointed it out to the server. Server asked, "Would you like a new salad?" I didn't know how to take that, so I replied, "No. Do you have any more hair?"