man finds finger in Wendys chili

Pete

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be willing to cut off a finger tip if someone else is willing to drop it in their soup at a restaurant... I think you'd have to at least pretend to eat it, and then spit it out, and throw up violently.

Since it will be my finger, whatever we get in the lawsuit I expect I would get 70% to your 30% ...

takers?

I'll be willing to cut off a finger tip if someone else is willing to drop it in their soup at a restaurant...  I think you'd have to at least pretend to eat it, and then spit it out, and throw up violently.

Since it will be my finger, whatever we get in the lawsuit I expect I would get 70% to your 30% ...

takers?

286659[/snapback]

I am willing to cut off my left hand and drop it in your soup and blind myself in one eye with your butter knife for 60%!

My prices are INSANE!

It used to be you'd feel sorry for the person.  These days, finding a severed body part of any kind in your food is the equivilent of winning the lottery.  Damn, I want a big toe in my chilli.  I bet Wendy's corporate would send you $10,000 just not to tell anyone.

286195[/snapback]

Seriously. You'd be surprised how often this stuff happens, actually. People find baby mice in their Coke bottles, etc. The large settlements they receive require confidentiality. Happens all of the time.

That all being said, I encourage each and every one of you to become vegetarian - it's the better life from a moral and health standpoint, (IMO obviously).

Seriously.  You'd be surprised how often this stuff happens, actually.  People find baby mice in their Coke bottles, etc.  The large settlements they receive require confidentiality.  Happens all of the time.

That all being said, I encourage each and every one of you to become vegetarian - it's the better life from a moral and health standpoint, (IMO obviously).

286665[/snapback]

We found this mouse in our beer, eh? Koo Ookoo koo- Koo Oook Kookoo

btw, for those who care, this is the precise example they gave us in law school to explain the doctrine of "res ipsa loquitur," or, "the thing speaks for itself." In cases like these, you don't have to prove negligence - obviously someone was negligent, or there wouldn't be a finger in the chili (how could something like this happen w/o negligence)? The plaintiff (assuming no quick settlement, which is rare these days) just sits back and lets the potential defendants - Wendy's, the meat processor (assuming not a Wendy's subsidiary or indemnitee), the shipping co. - fight amongst themselves as to who will have to pay him.

btw, for those who care, this is the precise example they gave us in law school to explain the doctrine of "res ipsa loquitur," or, "the thing speaks for itself."  In cases like these, you don't have to prove negligence - obviously someone was negligent, or there wouldn't be a finger in the chili (how could something like this happen w/o negligence)?  The plaintiff (assuming no quick settlement, which is rare these days) just sits back and lets the potential defendants - Wendy's, the meat processor (assuming not a Wendy's subsidiary or indemnitee), the shipping co. - fight amongst themselves as to who will have to pay him.

286680[/snapback]

Lawyers suck!

How the hell do they explain that? :blink:  Maybe they stole "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's" family chili recipe.

285674[/snapback]

precisely...perhaps some mob hit got thrown into the grinder and the finger miraculously escaped grinding when the grinder finally hit the ring on his finger and it fell off...all of it got packed up (ground mobster and finger) and shipped to wendys

/yeah, i'm stretching, but it seems more interesting than a poor worker losing his finger

someone just ate human chili

Sadly that it what most americans eat now. Refined, bleached staples (flour, sugar) that used to have so many nutrients that are now stripped away. Eduacate yourselves. I'll step off now.

My late Grandfather worked in the South Buffalo grain mills around the turn of the century, and he once said that the best thing to happen to the milling industry was the bleaching of flour, because they no longer had to pick out the rats and birds from the grain before milling (they discolored the flour). :blink:

286173[/snapback]

Doug

Elsinores.

Bob

Twelve!

Doug

Twenty-four, yeah, twenty-four Elsinore beers.

Attendant

Twenty-four Elsinore! That will be $14.70.

Doug

I believe there will be no charge on this two-four of beer, thank you.

Attendant

Excuse me?

Doug

Ok, uh, we found this mouse in a bottle of Elsinore beer that we bought

at your beer store, eh? And we heard that when that happens you get

your beer free.

Bob

It's in the Canadian Criminal Code, eh. Like there's legal precedence

set in cases in law, eh?

Doug

So, like give us our free beer.

Attendant

You want free beer? Go to the brewery. Now get out of here before I

put the two of you in a bottle.

Doug

You sure you don't want to think this over?

Attendant

[seizing them both by their collars] I'm sure.

Doug

Ok, we're going.

Bob

Yeah.

Doug

Elsinores. 

Bob

Twelve!

Doug

Twenty-four, yeah, twenty-four Elsinore beers.

Attendant

Twenty-four Elsinore!  That will be $14.70.

Doug

I believe there will be no charge on this two-four of beer, thank you.

Attendant

Excuse me?

Doug

Ok, uh, we found this mouse in a bottle of Elsinore beer that we bought

at your beer store, eh?  And we heard that when that happens you get

your beer free.

Bob

It's in the Canadian Criminal Code, eh.  Like there's legal  precedence

set in cases in law, eh?

Doug

So, like give us our free beer.

Attendant

You want free beer?  Go to the brewery.  Now get  out of here before I

put the two of you in a bottle.

Doug

You sure you don't want to think this over?

Attendant

[seizing them both by their collars] I'm sure. 

Doug

Ok, we're going.

Bob

Yeah.

286762[/snapback]

NICELY SAID! :angry: