Kamala Harris's Tax Cut Plan For Poor and Middle Class

Tiberius

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, so you support Harris's tax cut then, great! 

I'm doing great. If the government got rid of all its debt you'd just be crying about something else that probably has no effect on you life either. 

More money in my pocket and less in the government's has an incredible effect on my life.  Do you support her tax cuts and if so why?  

And of course you're doing great when your mommy pays for your room and board.  

50 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Public debt is ***** confusing. For every dollar the US owes other nations the US is owed 80 cents from other nations. Also unfunded liability numbers are misleading as that uses standards implemented from the private sector which isn't the model Social Security operates in. That's not to say that public programs like SS won't be a problem but the way those numbers are framed is misleading. 

So then, since you said it it must be so? Do you have a link for this dollar/80 comparison? And how are these numbers misleading? Do we owe this money to people in retirement or not? 

13 minutes ago, Cinga said:

So then, since you said it it must be so? Do you have a link for this dollar/80 comparison? And how are these numbers misleading? Do we owe this money to people in retirement or not? 

We would owe that number to people in retirement if Social Security followed the standards of private pension systems, it currently does not, it does not need to have the same overrun and investment liquidity standards that a private pension system does. There are outstanding liabilities that are very seriously concerning but not to that amount. As far as links for the 80 cents number I put them below. 

General numbers about the money owed to the US

https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-center/money-finance/debts-owed-by-the-us-and-owed-to-the-us/

https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/10-countries-that-owe-the-us-the-most-money-545585/

Specific number in 2011 the US owed 18.4 Trillion to the world and is owed 15 trillion from the world. If you want more recent numbers it will take me some time to find it. 

https://www.firstpost.com/world/get-this-world-owes-us-nearly-as-much-it-owes-world-74314.html

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

that's not all because we don't count unfunded liabilities like SS and medicare which gets us to about 115.5 Trillion... That puts our liability per person btw at about $946,419.00, almost a million apiece... 

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

It won't be long and our debt will exceed our entire national worth

But, but, that money gets spent to save people and protect people to our doctors and nurses. It's not like the money disappears. It let's the medical professionals make a living! 

25 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

We would owe that number to people in retirement if Social Security followed the standards of private pension systems, it currently does not, it does not need to have the same overrun and investment liquidity standards that a private pension system does. There are outstanding liabilities that are very seriously concerning but not to that amount. As far as links for the 80 cents number I put them below. 

General numbers about the money owed to the US

https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-center/money-finance/debts-owed-by-the-us-and-owed-to-the-us/

https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/10-countries-that-owe-the-us-the-most-money-545585/

Specific number in 2011 the US owed 18.4 Trillion to the world and is owed 15 trillion from the world. If you want more recent numbers it will take me some time to find it. 

https://www.firstpost.com/world/get-this-world-owes-us-nearly-as-much-it-owes-world-74314.html

What's funny is you post *****, you can make a functional sentence, and even more you can espouse on your links...BUUUUUUTTTTT....you have no clue how all this works

48 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Investor:  "So, how is the money we invested in your fund used?"

Fund manger:  "Oh, don't worry; we invested it."

Investor:  "What is it invested in?'

Fund manager:  "We invested it in ourselves."

Investor:  "You invested it in... you?"

Fund manger:  "Yep."

Investor:  "Well, what do you do with it?"

Fund manager:  "We spend it."

Investor:  "Spend it?"

Fund manger:  "We spend it."

Investor:  "Oh... well, you generate a profit with it, I guess?"

Fund manager:  "Oh, heavens no.  We just spend it.  We haven't generated a profit in over 100 years."

Investor:  "But...  But... You're going to pay us returns?..."

Fund manger:  "That's right."

Investor:  "Well... Where do the returns come fr--"

Fund manger:  "MAGIC."

Investor:  "MAGIC?!?  But that's insa--"

Fund manager:  "WIZARDS."

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
I cannot take credit for this content.
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Fund manager:  "Oh, heavens no.  We just spend it.  We haven't generate a profit in over 100 years."

Ponzi is supposed to be illegal. 

Kamala Harris purposefully doctored a video to make it appear Kavanaugh was lying during his hearings.

Everyone knows this. Everyone. 

Kamala Harris should be in charge of nothing more than helping Ocasio-Cortez find an apartment. And I'm not sure she has this smidgen of credibility it takes to perform that simple task.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

What's funny is you post *****, you can make a functional sentence, and even more you can espouse on your links...BUUUUUUTTTTT....you have no clue how all this works

In regards to public debt its really complicated, we owe nearly as much as we are owed. I have no clue how public debt works, I only made the point to say that the system of public debt is complicated using that one point to illustrate simply that this ***** is complicated. 

As far as the liabilities my point was not that the Social Security system and earned benefits programs don't have serious issues but rather like with anything involving accounting you can screw with numbers to get bigger totals. The social security system is facing a big crisis I will not dispute that. Any solution will have to require something painful. Although there is a hyperbolic sense of doom as the worst case scenario is a 20% cut to benefits not the collapse of the whole system (Although a 20% cut for many seniors is a serious crisis for them not trying to downplay that.) 

Some combination of benefits cuts, raising the retirement age, raising the cap to which the payroll tax is applied, means testing the program, or a modest increase to payroll taxes or a national VAT tax will be needed. To my original point about the 100+ Trillion owed is that the number is not entirely accurate although the sentiment behind it is. 

Edited by billsfan89

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Fund manager:  "Oh, heavens no.  We just spend it.  We haven't generated a profit in over 100 years."

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/16/2018 at 5:22 PM, billsfan89 said:

In regards to public debt its really complicated, we owe nearly as much as we are owed. I have no clue how public debt works, I only made the point to say that the system of public debt is complicated using that one point to illustrate simply that this ***** is complicated. 

But you were an expert on it a little while ago.. 

I'm against any changes to the tax code (including what Trump and congress enacted) until the entire federal budget is reviewed/revised/right sized in the direction achieving a more balance budget. 

On 11/16/2018 at 4:22 PM, billsfan89 said:

As far as the liabilities my point was not that the Social Security system and earned benefits programs don't have serious issues but rather like with anything involving accounting you can screw with numbers to get bigger totals. The social security system is facing a big crisis I will not dispute that. Any solution will have to require something painful. Although there is a hyperbolic sense of doom as the worst case scenario is a 20% cut to benefits not the collapse of the whole system (Although a 20% cut for many seniors is a serious crisis for them not trying to downplay that.) 

Some combination of benefits cuts, raising the retirement age, raising the cap to which the payroll tax is applied, means testing the program, or a modest increase to payroll taxes or a national VAT tax will be needed. To my original point about the 100+ Trillion owed is that the number is not entirely accurate although the sentiment behind it is. 

Call me a bit skeptical as the article does not define who is indebted to the U.S. Also, is all of the debt (what's owed to the U.S.) held by our federal government or is some of it private debt?