Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position?

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

3-4 years? That's what they said about EJ.

The offense is bad, but they resemble a real, live professional unit when the QB play is competent.

This is the NFL, which technically stands for National Football League, but Jerry Glanville would beg to differ. Allen needs to put up or shut up. 

They resemble a real professional unit when they play against a terrible defense.  Had Barkley been the QB vs the Packers @ Lambeau the results wouldn’t have been the same as this past Sunday.  Believe that.  

Allen is a raw rookie.  He doesn’t have to do anything but continue to be the starting QB of this team.  He has a 2-4 year window.  Look at Blake Bortles.  He sucks.  Yet he’s still a starting QB because his team team is invested in him and didn’t pull the plug after 1-2 years.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

They resemble a real professional unit when they play against a terrible defense.  Had Barkley been the QB vs the Packers @ Lambeau the results wouldn’t have been the same as this past Sunday.  Believe that.  

Allen is a raw rookie.  He doesn’t have to do anything but continue to be the starting QB of this team.  He has a 2-4 year window.  Look at Blake Bortles.  He sucks.  Yet he’s still a starting QB because his team team is invested in him and didn’t pull the plug after 1-2 years.  

That's the worst argument for giving a QB a 2-4 year window I've ever heard.

12 hours ago, dpberr said:

The Bills organization is much larger than the people you see on the field on Sundays.  It's hundreds of employees.  

It's easier to pay the bills when the Bills are competitive and winning football games.  Paying bills gets harder when fans don't show up or buy merchandise because the team isn't competitive.  You aren't going to make a lot of money when your tickets sell for $5.  

That's all I ask as a fan - be a competitive football team.  Do what it takes to win.  That's what you're in the business to do.  Winning=making $$$ for everyone involved.

These teams make money all year long.  Even if the stands were empty.

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's the worst argument for giving a QB a 2-4 year window I've ever heard.

It’s just the way it’s going to be.  Watch and see.  There is nothing to argue here.  Accept it and move on so we don’t have to read your whining and crying posts every day for the next 3 years. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It’s just the way it’s going to be.  Watch and see.  There is nothing to argue here.  Accept it and move on so we don’t have to read your whining and crying posts every day for the next 3 years. 

So you want to continue to trot Allen out there year after year even if he looks like trash?

It's cool if you're from Wyoming or just have a thing for Josh Allen. I'm a Bills fan, but to each their own.

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

So you want to continue to trot Allen out there year after year even if he looks like trash?

It's cool if you're from Wyoming or just have a thing for Josh Allen. I'm a Bills fan, but to each their own.

It doesn’t matter what I want.  It doesn’t matter what you want.  That is what is going to happen.  It’s reality.  I accept it because whining and crying won’t do anything but raise my blood pressure and make TSW an even toxic place than it is right now.  I enjoy this website most of the time.  I’d like to keep it that way

On 11/14/2018 at 2:45 AM, NewEra said:

What if Matt Barkley is a one in a Million type QB?  You just andweee your own question.  

I get the sense that some people here are just clueless.  

Like a QB that was mediocre at best in college determined to be a "project" by most scouts and TBDers alike is not a one in a million type QB?

Matt Barkley had the best game for a Bills QB in two years. Why put all our eggs in one bAsket?

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Like a QB that was mediocre at best in college determined to be a "project" by most scouts and TBDers alike is not a one in a million type QB?

Matt Barkley had the best game for a Bills QB in two years. Why put all our eggs in one bAsket?

Because all of our eggs ARE in one basket.  Josh Allen IS McB’s QB.  That’s the guy they chose to be their QB of the future.  They didn’t even think Matt Barkley was worth a call when they called Derek Anderson.  

Ive always liked Barkley.  I was hoping we would draft him over EJ.  I think he has solid backup potential.  I just don’t think his arm is strong enough to be our guy long term.  

The best game a Bills qb has had in 2 years isn’t saying much.....especially when it’s against that jets defense. The jets should’ve had 2 picks btw.  Couldn’t have been that good.

Just now, NewEra said:

The best game a Bills qb has had in 2 years isn’t saying much.....especially when it’s against that jets defense. The jets should’ve had 2 picks btw.  Couldn’t have been that good. 

In every game I watch there are usually a few passes that could have been picked but aren't. Barkley is hardly unique in that regard.  These guys are DBs and not WRs for a reason.

I'm going to make a bold prediction. In tonight's game there will be 2 passes that could be intercepted that aren't.

I don't have anything against Allen and I hope he is successful. but it would be nice to have a solid backup we can go to in case of injury or ineptitude on Josh's part.  Putting all one's eggs in one basket is bad management pure and simple.

Let these guys learn how to win games as much as possible. And then draft well instead of b****ing about not having enough crappy performances the year before.

And don't get hopes up for playoffs lol

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Its about player development. There isn't likely to be a playoff run, even if they run the table 9 wins might not get the team in. And the odds of running the table are low to begin with. So yes each win lowers draft positioning but if winning games means the young players like Teller, Zay, Allen, Edumonds, Milano, Phillips and the rest of the young blue chip guys play well then its a positive thing. Odds are the team wins somewhere in the range to 2-4 games the rest of the way which would put the team at 5-7 wins in a very Billsy form of mediocrity. 

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

In every game I watch there are usually a few passes that could have been picked but aren't. Barkley is hardly unique in that regard.  These guys are DBs and not WRs for a reason.

I'm going to make a bold prediction. In tonight's game there will be 2 passes that could be intercepted that aren't.

I don't have anything against Allen and I hope he is successful. but it would be nice to have a solid backup we can go to in case of injury or ineptitude on Josh's part.  Putting all one's eggs in one basket is bad management pure and simple.

Ok, so you want Barkley to be our backup.  Agreed.  

• 2 weeks later...

Where we are, in responding to the OP, is miracle playoff run. But really it's more about growth of our young QB and young players, but in playing around with the Playoff Machine ESPN has had up a couple of weeks...

On 11/14/2018 at 7:18 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Here's the playoff machine to show you how we get our miracle :thumbsup:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

...you can see that the only game that really helped us today (other than us winning, obviously) was the Browns beating up on the Bengals.

Otherwise, woulda been nice if the 'Phins coulda hung on and if the Raiders could've pulled an upset. Root for the Texans tomorrow and root for the Jags to upset every AFC opponent they play.

I think the Colts get the 6 seed. But this is what us Bills fans do in December... play around with the possibilities.

At least this year these wins aren't meaningless. It's about legitimate growth in our young players. Still excited about the rest of our season :thumbsup:

On 11/13/2018 at 6:01 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

Where are we at? Miracle Playoff run or does each win just ruin draft position? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Given the schedule the miracle playoff run is not impossible.  What I am supposed to be rooting for? 

Neither

probably finish about 6-10 or 7-9. Pick in the top third. Miss playoffs draft position is fine.