QB Position: Do they know what they are doing?

ngbills

Here is the negative take on today's win. With how Barkley played, which I would call competent, what does that say about McD and/ Beane?

In a way it shows how bad Peterman is. How bad D Anderson, even though better than Peterman is. How not ready Josh Allen is. 

Barkley is how AJM could have been or many other competent NFL QB's. Instead they felt Peterman was the best option and then a not ready Allen, then Peterman again and Anderson and Peterman again. Seriously? I know its naive at times to think we know more then the pros. But just about anyone but McD and Beane saw that Peterman was not a competent QB. He should not be in the NFL. 

Nice win today I guess. BUt it does not give me faith or confidence in McBeane team to lead this team onto the next level.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Here is the negative take on today's win. With how Barkley played, which I would call competent, what does that say about McD and/ Beane?

In a way it shows how bad Peterman is. How bad D Anderson, even though better than Peterman is. How not ready Josh Allen is. 

Barkley is how AJM could have been or many other competent NFL QB's. Instead they felt Peterman was the best option and then a not ready Allen, then Peterman again and Anderson and Peterman again. Seriously? I know its naive at times to think we know more then the pros. But just about anyone but McD and Beane saw that Peterman was not a competent QB. He should not be in the NFL. 

Nice win today I guess. BUt it does not give me faith or confidence in McBeane team to lead this team onto the next level.  

Again, you have no idea who they may have tried to sign.  They wound up with McCarron, he got hurt.   Anderson wasn't sure he wanted to come back and Barkley was with the Bengals, then injured.   It's not that they over valued Peterman, they just wanted him to hang in for a few games until Allen was ready.  It ddn't work out.  I for one am enjoying today's win and that's really all I care about right now.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Again, you have no idea who they may have tried to sign.  They wound up with McCarron, he got hurt.   Anderson wasn't sure he wanted to come back and Barkley was with the Bengals, then injured.   It's not that they over valued Peterman, they just wanted him to hang in for a few games until Allen was ready.  It ddn't work out.  I for one am enjoying today's win and that's really all I care about right now.

They could have kept McCarron.  He was fine.  In truth, NP outplayed AJM in the preseason, so starting NP was not illogical.  But getting rid of AJM was foolish.  It left no options if NP repeated last year and Allen wasn't ready.  Which is exactly what happened.

That said, looks like they finally found a good one so lets ride this for a while.

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Please give it time!!!!!! At least until next year!!!

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

They could have kept McCarron.  He was fine.  In truth, NP outplayed AJM in the preseason, so starting NP was not illogical.  But getting rid of AJM was foolish.  It left no options if NP repeated last year and Allen wasn't ready.  Which is exactly what happened.

That said, looks like they finally found a good one so lets ride this for a while.

Barley ain’t that good...look at his history.....

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Beane is all about being cheap. Peterman was cheaper than a seasoned vet who could have kept us around .500 while Allen learned. They elected to take a 3rd for AJM which could end up being a great player

5 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Barley ain’t that good...look at his history.....

If they would have used that logic with Kelly? If they would have used that logic with Peyton? If they would have used that logic with.....the list goes on.  His history is small and you have to look at his surrounding staff. 

They have screwed this up beyond belief, but if Allen is the guy and plays well for 10-12 years, it won't matter.  

Taking so long to stumble their way to Barkley probably cost them a couple of wins this year, but if they cut Peterman and keep Anderson as an Allen mentor, they can pull this thing out for next season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Still trying to digest why Barkley can perform credibly on a weeks notice and Anderson couldn't 

He played against a 3-6 Jets team that has basically given up on the season. Only the Raiders are worse at this point.  Also, the Jets had no tape on Barkley as he hasn't played in the NFL since 2016 so their defense didn't know what to expect.

On another note it seems that for Buffalo, when it rains it pours! Meaning that when the Bills get the lead they get the run game/pass game working well and it's a win. So far that has only happened 3 times this year vs the 7 losses which were mostly blowouts.

Against the Patriots who held a 3 point lead in each of the first three quarters it was a completely different story as the offense couldn't do much except in garbage time. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

He played against a 3-6 Jets team that has basically given up on the season. Only the Raiders are worse at this point.  Also, the Jets had no tape on Barkley as he hasn't played in the NFL since 2016 so their defense didn't know what to expect.

On another note it seems that for Buffalo, when it rains it pours! Meaning that when the Bills get the lead they get the run game/pass game working well and it's a win. So far that has only happened 3 times this year vs the 7 losses which were mostly blowouts.

Against the Patriots who held a 3 point lead in each of the first three quarters it was a completely different story as the offense couldn't do much except in garbage time. 

I would not have pegged the Jets as having quit on Bowles but was very surprised by McCowns poor stats. He's seen the Bills enough to be able to game plan

14 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Still trying to digest why Barkley can perform credibly on a weeks notice and Anderson couldn't 

Part of the issue with DA is his diminished physical skill set—more specifically, his inability to move around in the pocket when pressure comes, which it did early and often when he played. Not his fault, just a symptom of his age and nothing to do with his arm. But a statue taking blunt hits will chip away at performance (even TB12 showed this today) and DA is no exception to the rule. Barkley can still move around back there and I think that was the difference, IMO. Oh, and a strong ground game for a change also helped!

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Part of the issue with DA is his diminished physical skill set—more specifically, his inability to move around in the pocket when pressure comes, which it did early and often when he played. Not his fault, just a symptom of his age and nothing to do with his arm. But a statue taking blunt hits will chip away at performance (even TB12 showed this today) and DA is no exception to the rule. Barkley can still move around back there and I think that was the difference, IMO. Oh, and a strong ground game for a change also helped!

Well expressed 

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

Beane is all about being cheap. Peterman was cheaper than a seasoned vet who could have kept us around .500 while Allen learned. They elected to take a 3rd for AJM which could end up being a great player

I believe they only got a 5th for McCarron.  Strongly feel it was a mistake to let him go leaving only Peterman and JA. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Some people in this world have to piss and moan about absolutely everything.

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The QBs are playing badly the FO doesn't no what it's doing.

The QBS are playing badly the FO really doesn't no what it's doing.

This confuses me though I guess if it was easy any schmuck on the internet could do it.

11 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

The the OP know what he is doing?

Nope

Really? Do you guys really think they did not mis manage the QB position? The evaluation is way off. The planning is way off. There is really no debate here. The debate is whether this is telling of  how they will do long term or if they can make up or correct for the weaknesses they have shown on the offensive side of things. 

• Like (+1) 1