Report: Patriots sideline Rob Gronkowski until after bye week. Patriots' remaining schedule ranked second easiest. Retirement Rumors and Missed Incentives.

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

Gronks body has absolutely failed him. To be in his condition at 29 is a shame. I thought he was going to retire last off season. Given how the season as gone, I would say the odds are decent he retires this off season. 

Which is why we were smart to pass on Gronk, who had known back injuries in college, on draft day and go with the safe pick Torrell Troupe. Its a shame Troupe hurt his back and was out of the league in 3 years.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

That guy has been injured so much over his career...

43 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The TB12 steroids have taken its toll on him ... Why the league hasn't tested him and Brady is beyond comprehension. I would bet money that both would fail but GOD forbid the patriots are what makes the league money.

I'm assuming they've been randomly tested just like all the other players. Do you have reason to believe that they haven't?

Gronk, Edelman and Brady are really the core of this current team - and each has 1or 2 years left.

I know we’re always hesitant to talk about this.  It’s like “he who must not be named” or something.  But the end of the run is close for that team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

That guy has been injured so much over his career...

I'm assuming they've been randomly tested just like all the other players. Do you have reason to believe that they haven't?

I do ... Anybody that has listened to Gronkowski speak has little doubt that he's on something, from either steroids, cocaine or both.

I also absolutely believe that the TB12 juice is nothing but steroids ... I want to hear that the league has tested them, I don't believe they have.

I want an independent test, not one coming from the NFL.

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I do ... Anybody that has listened to Gronkowski speak has little doubt that he's on something, from either steroids, cocaine or both.

I also absolutely believe that the TB12 juice is nothing but steroids ... I want to hear that the league has tested them, I don't believe they have.

More likely HGH.  Remember when Rodney Harrison got caught after finding the fountain of youth with the Cheaters?  You think that was a coincidence?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Gronk, Edelman and Brady are really the core of this current team - and each has 1or 2 years left.

I know we’re always hesitant to talk about this.  It’s like “he who must not be named” or something.  But the end of the run is close for that team.

Edelman takes such a beating due to the style they play of dink and dunk short passes. The guy gets open, gets 5-7 yards RAC, then gets walloped. Rinse and repeat. Just like Welker, they are almost done using him up until he's battered and broken. He is slowing down a lot this year and not getting open like he used to.

Brady has looked 41. Look, I'm the biggest pessimist there is when it comes to the Patriots. Little kids check for monsters under their beds... I check for the Patriots. I have long ago accepted that their team is a test of my character and willpower. I loathe them so much that I enjoy their losses almost as much as Bills wins. I resigned myself to them being good forever, and only looking bad from time to time so that I get my hopes up so they can crush them.

All that said, Brady is looking his age. He is still great and will have some great games, but I think he is playing injured again with that shoulder. I noticed during the Green Bay game when he executed a QB sneak he took a real shot to the shoulder and stayed down for quite a few seconds on his knees. Ever since then he has been wincing in pain quite a bit and missing throws. He also took another nice shot to the ribs/shoulder and damn near tore his ACL trying to catch a pass. He has taken some shots and is throwing some wildly inaccurate passes and has almost no zip on the ball.

Even if the ball takes a half second longer to get to Edelman or Hogan, that gives the DB time to close. What were once completions that moved the chains are now incomplete passes.

Add to all this the drama behind the scenes and the end is near for them. It isn't now, though. But it's coming. They cannot afford to struggle on offense because the D is mediocre at best.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

So you don't have a reason. You are just guessing.

16 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Edelman takes such a beating due to the style they play of dink and dunk short passes. The guy gets open, gets 5-7 yards RAC, then gets walloped. Rinse and repeat. Just like Welker, they are almost done using him up until he's battered and broken. He is slowing down a lot this year and not getting open like he used to.

Brady has looked 41. Look, I'm the biggest pessimist there is when it comes to the Patriots. Little kids check for monsters under their beds... I check for the Patriots. I have long ago accepted that their team is a test of my character and willpower. I loathe them so much that I enjoy their losses almost as much as Bills wins. I resigned myself to them being good forever, and only looking bad from time to time so that I get my hopes up so they can crush them.

All that said, Brady is looking his age. He is still great and will have some great games, but I think he is playing injured again with that shoulder. I noticed during the Green Bay game when he executed a QB sneak he took a real shot to the shoulder and stayed down for quite a few seconds on his knees. Ever since then he has been wincing in pain quite a bit and missing throws. He also took another nice shot to the ribs/shoulder and damn near tore his ACL trying to catch a pass. He has taken some shots and is throwing some wildly inaccurate passes and has almost no zip on the ball.

Even if the ball takes a half second longer to get to Edelman or Hogan, that gives the DB time to close. What were once completions that moved the chains are now incomplete passes.

Add to all this the drama behind the scenes and the end is near for them. It isn't now, though. But it's coming. They cannot afford to struggle on offense because the D is mediocre at best.

I agree with all of that - but man is that 2nd paragraph me.  The last few years, I have even noticed that when they win, I get almost as bummed as I do when the Bills lose.  I pay way too much attention to them on Sundays.

It’s not a healthy situation.

And Brady is declining.  He’s still one of the best, but much more human lately.  It’s encouraging.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4815718/tom-brady-recognizes-need-to-spread-ball-around-more

Rex’s take makes Greenie walk off. 

LOL

I have to figure out a way to get the ball to everybody, so we can all make plays,” Brady acknowledged Monday during his weekly interview on sports radio WEEI. “When everyone is making plays, I think our offense is tough to stop. That will certainly be something we try to focus on and make sure everyone is getting looks they deserve and make plays when we get them.”

Bill?  Interesting...   Not sure I'd use toast, retire maybe 

Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski in danger of missing several contract incentives

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady-rob-gronkowski-danger-222135209.html

Tom Brady

Incentive: Top five in the NFL in passer rating ($1 million)

Current Pace: 94.7 passer rating -- 16th

Incentive: Top five in the NFL in completion percentage ($1 million)

Current Pace: 65.2 percent -- 18th

Incentive: Top five in the NFL in yards per attempt ($1 million)

Current Pace: 7.41 Y/A -- 17th

Incentive: Top five in the NFL in touchdown passes ($1 million)

Current Pace: 17 TDs -- T-11th

Incentive: Top five in the NFL in passing yards ($1 million)

Current Pace: 2,748 yards -- 5th

As it stands now, Brady is barely on pace to unlock just one of his four incentives and likely will leave $4 million in incentives on the table.    His tight end isn't faring much better.

Rob Gronkowski

Incentive: 70 or more catches ($1.1 million)

Current Pace: 29 catches

Incentive: 80 percent or more of total offensive snaps ($1.1 million)

Current Pace: 64.3 percent of snaps

Incentive: Nine or more touchdown catches ($1.1 million)

Current Pace: One touchdown catch

Incentive: 1,085 or more receiving yards ($1.1 million)

Current Pace: 448 receiving yards

• Like (+1) 3